Thailand prepares for discreet reopening of tourism industry

rooster59

2 hours ago, connda said:

I was talking to my wife today and she brought up tourism.
Her take is that most average Thais want the borders pretty much shut permanently to all foreigners (outsiders) and only allow domestic tourism. 

Well, at least your wife is talking to you..................

• Like 2

So what about the foreigners already here who are from europe and the u.s who rely on border bounces, and going to neighbouring countries for visa's , i.e. multiple entry non-o?

Will they just be told to leave their families and return to their countries ?

Im sure alot of people are going to be up <deleted> creek if they dont allow these types of visa holders to re-enter if they leave.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, connda said:

I was talking to my wife today and she brought up tourism.
Her take is that most average Thais want the borders pretty much shut permanently to all foreigners (outsiders) and only allow domestic tourism. 

Sounds a bit like North Korea.

Most thais i know (who can afford to get away) prefer to holiday out of Thailand. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

I swear to gawd this whole thing gets more bizarre hour by hour. Just open it up already!

The logic still eludes me as to why the borders remain closed and so many people are denied the opportunity to work. 

Talking to the thai people i know, like the Issan and village people,  they firmly believe that the low number of infections is attributed to the heat.

Could be something in it?

(Plus a bit of dodgy figure reporting)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JCP108 said:

"without the need to quarantine the visitors after their entry"

Several of us have predicted in here that, soon, Chinese tourists will be able to come here without the quarantine requirement while the rest of us will have to comply. It's coming to fruition. 

Sure, the West is the epicenter of CoviD-19 now. The West was warned long enough. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayut Chan O Cha has handled the COVID19 situation exceptionally well, the stringent measures put in place worked to ensure minimal to zero transmissions or infections occurred.

Capture.Prayut2.PNG.cad309838ce60ed0d878a67514cfd941.PNG

Yet, his pocket book is empty and his political backing party has its wheel's going of the rails.  He is in dire need of a major distraction to not be run over by his own bus....

• Like 1

Can I ask why I get the posting messages email when there are already 6 pages of answers? It makes me feel like like a second rate participant not worthy of participating until nearly everything has been said? Every time, not only this post,

9 minutes ago, Europeanguy said:

Can I ask why I get the posting messages email when there are already 6 pages of answers? It makes me feel like like a second rate participant not worthy of participating until nearly everything has been said? Every time, not only this post,

I asked that question before.

The reason is that there are so many members that they send the email by batch file.

And indeed many hours separate those who get it first from those who get it last.

6 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Let's say they open up to Vietnam or Korea. Do you guys think it would be possible to first fly to one of these countries, and go to Thailand from there? Or are they purely looking on what kind of passport you have? Thanks guys

The passport will certainly matter, otherwise that would be too easy, especially from Vietnam.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, steve187 said:

so what are the countries that have lots of potential travelers that fit this description

edit New Zealand springs to mind

That is easy, the government already has a short list.........China, China, India, China, China, India, India, China, China, India, China, India, Oh, and did I mention China? Just simply a way to get the Chinese back through the doors without too much alarm....

• Like 1