Thailand prepares for discreet reopening of tourism industry

rooster59

12 hours ago, andre47 said:

Thailand has already a list with countries of low risk.

China with Hong Kong and Macau
South Korea

maybe they will add

Taiwan
Australia
New Zealand
Vietnam

Europe and USA for sure not, they are still high risk areas and this probably will not change until we have a vaccine

Vaccine will never come out,  put it in your mind

• Like 1

Europe and USA for sure not, they are still high risk areas and this probably will not change until we have a vaccine

USA and Brazil surly not. Russia also not.

You seem not to know the situation of Corona in Europe. Some countries have little infection rates and little mortalities. Exceptions are Italy, Spain and GB and Sweden.

• Like 1

As I am watching the news right now, with the massive no-mask no-distancing protests all over the West, I can already see the second wave of covid 19 coming like a tsunami, destroying all hopes of resuming tourism worldwide... 

Just now, AloisAmrein said:

USA and Brazil surly not. Russia also not.

You seem not to know the situation of Corona in Europe. Some countries have little infection rates and little mortalities. Exceptions are Italy, Spain and GB and Sweden.

Italy and Spain are having few new cases, no more than Germany and France.

200-300 cases per day is nothing considering the population.

3 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

As I am watching the news right now, with the massive no-mask no-distancing protests all over the West, I can already see the second wave of covid 19 coming like a tsunami, destroying all hopes of resuming tourism worldwide... 

Been hearing this since the easing of lockdowns yet cases keep declining fast

• Like 1

8 hours ago, connda said:

I was talking to my wife today and she brought up tourism.
Her take is that most average Thais want the borders pretty much shut permanently to all foreigners (outsiders) and only allow domestic tourism. 

You are lucky that you got married before they shut borders permanently (or maybe she got lucky). LOL

If that sentiment is true (or becomes true), the problem will resolve itself in a short time.  If international tourists do not feel welcome, word gets around and they will stop coming... many other newer destinations that have ocean, beaches, golf, food, temples and nightlife.  

You will remove about 15% of the economy in tourism alone - and a lot of investment by outside companies in the Thai manufacturing sector (why would a Japanese company have a plant here, if their corporate staff can not visit the factory).  

Less GDP means a drop in living standard on average - the rich will not lose, so the poor and middle class lose more.  Seems like a plan that is not completely thought through...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

Italy and Spain are having few new cases, no more than Germany and France.

200-300 cases per day is nothing considering the population.

Italy, Spain, France are right behind the UK in numbers of deaths 

they also have many more cases than Germany in absolute numbers and even more in cases per 100,000 population

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

Italy, Spain, France are right behind the UK in numbers of deaths 

they also have many more cases than Germany in absolute numbers and even more in cases per 100,000 population

Absolute numbers means nothing, just need to see how many people carrying the virus are still walking around.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mockingbird said:

To base it on passport only would be nonsensical. You could have a Chinese guy living in Brazil just saunter in.

I would imagine the country you have been residing in will be the determining factor.

unless a non-stop flight how would the IO know where you reside?  If I am Chinese living in Brazil, I provide my address in Wuhan and walk in LOL 

It's simple discrimination against healthy people based on passport (or residence, if they can find a way to verify) - does not accomplish the goal to keep out infected people (just improving the odds very slightly - as the amount of infection in the USA is less than one-tenth of 1 percent of the total population and most have recovered).

Closing borders just increases xenophobia and divides people more 

• Like 2

South Korea

maybe they will add

Taiwan
Australia
New Zealand
Vietnam

Not sure if you’re aware, Europe is not a country. ???? Anyway, a vaccine ain’t needed for this b/s pandemic. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wombat said:

with the demo's that happened in Oz yesterday, in the next 14 days we will see if demonstrating gives immunity from covidvirus or not.
if there is a spike in cases as has happened previously when groups pf people got together then i guess Oz won't be in that bubble.
the Chinese will be the first allowed back in. 

Scare-mongerers of the world unite...

You are talking utter s****,

If you believe the “second wave”

You’ll stay scared until the grave.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

you maybe correct on those countries .... I doubt UK, US or Europe will be added until they are certain COVID has been contained. 

UK , visitors are high risk . 

Not welcome anymore .

British Airways,  those were the days ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, steve187 said:

so what are the countries that have lots of potential travelers that fit this description

edit New Zealand springs to mind

They don't carry much weight in numbers. The numbers are AU UK USA RUSSIA GERMANY FRANCE 

I just used google translate and it appears it means We want the Chinese back NOW.

Here is a funny part, the entire world is turning against China, might be why Thailand is doing discreet re- opening and discreet agreements.

13 hours ago, andre47 said:

South Korea

maybe they will add

Taiwan
Australia
New Zealand
Vietnam

Maybe never then?

4 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

Yes, but research from Singapore was saying that the virus isn't infectious after the 11th day of the infection.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/most-covid-19-patients-not-infectious-after-11-days-study

Not 11 days after infection. 

11 days after onset of symptoms. 

Symptoms usually start 5-6 days after infection,  but in some people as late as 2 weeks after infection. Hence 24 days quarantine. 

5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Uh? Which city??

You may be talking about Shulan, but it was 1 month ago (!) and already finished.

Vast areas of North Eastern China (formerly known as Machuria) with 100 million people have come under varying degrees of lockdown, something the poster just before you conveniently forgot

1 hour ago, Anton9 said:

Been hearing this since the easing of lockdowns yet cases keep declining fast

In the countries you mentioned before,  cases are not "declining fast". They are stable at a relatively low level (about 300-500/60mio) in France, Germany,  Italy, Spain. 

Also stable, at a 10-fold higher level, in the US.

Slowly declining in the UK, still 3 times higher than continental Europe. 

Rising in Sweden,  from a level higher than in the US.

Of course,  all these numbers are much, much higher than anything in Asia/Pacific

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Edited by uhuh

49 minutes ago, uhuh said:

In the countries you mentioned before,  cases are not "declining fast". They are stable at a relatively low level (about 300-500/60mio) in France, Germany,  Italy, Spain. 

Also stable, at a 10-fold higher level, in the US.

Slowly declining in the UK, still 3 times higher than continental Europe. 

Rising in Sweden,  from a level higher than in the US.

Of course,  all these numbers are much, much higher than anything in Asia/Pacific

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Hospitals are empty, I don't see how this is still to be considered an emergency in Europe.

It means just need to be a little bit careful to keep numbers low.

Thailand decided to not tolerate even 1 positive case, it will be harder for them to open up the country.

So is their an agreement between countries to determine how a country would qualify to be in the bubble gang? Who decides what constitutes membership? Will there be bubble gang badges. ????

8 hours ago, finnishmen said:

thailand NOT need open bordens to tourism, not good all countrys. need keep borden closed one year and same all hotel and bar need banned and closed 1 year more, same all fly need banned 1 year. no need more viruses here.

why only 1 year?  what will happen in 1 year?  Forget the vaccine, my friend,  there has NEVER been a vaccine against a human coronavirus so far (only for cats).  The QUICKEST vaccine development until now was 4 years.  Does anyone believe that scientists are able to do what they have never done before in 25% of the time it took for the fastest development - and still come up with a vaccine that is effective and safe. 

Based on that logic, close the borders forever.

• Like 1