How do I know she's not a good girl?

Zagor

15 hours ago, Zagor said:

By “good” girl I meant a moral girl. Not a bar girl, faithful, honest, not to lie, not to want just my money.

I’m not rich, I make good money for the standard, but I’m not rich.

In return, I offer love, fidelity, sincerity, support in every sense, but I also ask for the same.

I just want to be with a girl who won’t be with me because of money, it’s a superficial and questionable relationship.

You cannot offer "support in every sense" if you struggle to make good money IMO.  So your statement of "wants" contradicts itself.  If you enjoy each others companionship and enjoy doing some of the same activities, that is a start.

Love is a gamble, love everlasting is possible for some but not everyone.  There are always problems/difficulties that must be worked out and families to deal with which can put a strain on any relationship.

Good luck.  Stay safe

• Like 2

12 hours ago, talahtnut said:

In the UK I was arrested for walking

about with an offensive wife.

Interesting. First time I've heard of such. Possible to elaborate the circumstances? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

Several members here claim to be loved by Thai women who provide for them, have good government or health care jobs and make good money.  The women are with these non-Thais because of "love". Am only quoting a few men on TVF, so not the norm.  

Have you ever met any guys like this in real life?

Do you really believe posters that claim a wildly different life to anything you've known or experienced?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Zagor said:

In return, I offer love, fidelity, sincerity, support in every sense, but I also ask for the same.

I just want to be with a girl who won’t be with me because of money, it’s a superficial and questionable relationship.

The one thing you can't offer--which is probably the most important--is a good conversation.  Normal Thai girls (aka "good girls") just want someone they can talk to...in the Thai language of course.  If you can't speak Thai, you'll be relegated to fishing in the same small, carp-infested pond that all the other foreigners toil in.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Zagor said:

In the west, I had girls who met all the criteria I still look for. Why do you think it is impossible to find in Thailand? Maybe in other Asian countries?

Go to a country where the girls have more money than you. 

They will not be interested in your money. Still easy to find a girlfriend in Japan, Taiwan... (not easy in HK or Singapore)

5 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Several members here claim to be loved by Thai women who provide for them, have good government or health care jobs and make good money.  The women are with these non-Thais because of "love". Am only quoting a few men on TVF, so not the norm.  

@BritManToo

I do know a couple like this in real life.

The girl is so plain-looking that she can't find something better. 

Edited by uhuh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Have you ever met any guys like this in real life?

Do you really believe posters that claim a wildly different life to anything you've known or experienced?

Never met any in real life, true. I think it possible for a younger man, yet likely less than 1% of those married to a thai lady here. Or closer to 1 in 1,000 ????????     Just see uhuh know 1  above

Edited by Skallywag

6 hours ago, Skallywag said:

You cannot offer "support in every sense" if you struggle to make good money IMO.  So your statement of "wants" contradicts itself.  If you enjoy each others companionship and enjoy doing some of the same activities, that is a start.

Love is a gamble, love everlasting is possible for some but not everyone.  There are always problems/difficulties that must be worked out and families to deal with which can put a strain on any relationship.

Good luck.  Stay safe

Hahahha This song is very dear to me.

I think that can be solved. Language can be learned. In Japan, most girls want to learn a foreign language to be “closer” to their partner.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Sure, but still could be attracted to them because they perceive them as providing something for them.  Even if they do not provide for them financially, they could still elevate their social status or make them feel protected physically.  I would also argue that it's a bit of an outlier.  Perhaps they are all that the women can get, therefore the maximum of these things that they can hope to get.

I would be surprised if the women chose them because they were short, ugly, low class, low income, poorly educated, but have a great senses of humor.  Unless they had absolute no other choice.

You mention "social status", am not sure what that entails for a foreigner in LOS.  

It basically just means that the presence of the foreigner in the Thai woman's life elevates their social status to some extent.  It could be that they are handsome, tall, well educated, wealthy, perceived as higher class, etc.  Anything that means the Thai girl feels her social status rises due to being with them.

Also "physical protection" seems a bit outdated IMO 

I'm talking about subconscious attraction, a feeling, so it isn't something that can really be "outdated".  It's a sense of them knowing on some level that they are tall, muscular, aggressive, etc.  Anything that could be perceived subconsciously as providing protection.  It's why guys go to the gym.  I don't mean that the woman is making a conscious decision like "Well I need someone to provide me with physical protection, so I will go and look for a kungfu fighter with a pistol and sword".

We're talking about things happening on a subconscious level which you are only able to perceive the result of, not the process itself.  For example, you see a girl with a nice tight butt and a big pert pair of tits.  Your conscious mind says "Wow, they're nice, I would like to have sex with her".  Your subconscious mind, however, is saying "Wow, that nice tight butt and that pert pair of tits indicate that this woman is young, healthy and fertile, there would be a high chance that if I ejaculated inside her that it would result in a healthy baby.  I'll send an arousal signal to the relevant parts of my body to try and get that to happen".  Your conscious mind is not aware of this second process though.

It's just a certain way of viewing attraction based on subconscious drives.  You don't have to believe it.  You can think every choice in terms of attraction is completely conscious and people 100% choose who they attracted to.  I personally don't. ????

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are many easy tests you can do and most are just common sense. I wrote a blog about this . Living in Thailand since 1989 I have loads of experiences with the Thai and hill tribe ladies including my experiences with different class of ladies from the rich and well educated, business women and teachers to poor hill tribe ladies.. Also as a teacher at Payap University for 2 years in 1989 to 1991 the Thai teachers taught me a lot. If you would like to read my blog send me a message and I will send the file to you or anyone who wishes to read it. Title: Dating and Romance Thai Style.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2020 at 10:03 AM, Puchaiyank said:

I gave up a long time ago trying to find a woman that was not addicted to spending their bf's money...It is what it is...knowing that, I have quit looking for love and look at it as a business deal.

Has she preformed well enough to pay the price...also, as a business deal age is just a number...the lower her age the higher the price...????

There are many women who are financially capable, you just didn't look for them in the right places. The question is, when you find them, do you have something other than money to make them stick with you. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/8/2020 at 7:38 AM, BritManToo said:

1) I've never been interested in talking to women, thy're for sex, and a bit of flirting leading to sex.

2) Nearly all women are gold diggers, many white women just like to pretend they're not, but their actions give them away.

With that philosophy I'm quite sure you are attracting the right type of women for your taste.

• Sad 1

On 6/7/2020 at 11:51 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Sure, but mine is taken, straight out of a bar back in 2006, the rest is history, great wife, great mother, great cook, great listener, great in bed, great in the purse strings, great in everything, looks, figure, and the rest, and the biggest bonus is she is not a ball breaker, but as I said, she is taken.

They do exist, the love is real, but try to remember this, every woman, regardless of nationality, is seeking security, and that usually means what future do I have, so you have to support them, as they do you, you support them financially, they support you domestically, it's a trade off, and in the end, if you have the money, they get it, not beforehand because if you give up all of your power (finances), she might possibly leave you, but if she is half as decent as mine, she will be with you to the very end.

Your chances I would say are about 1 in a billion, but at least you have a chance, so play your cards right, don't wear your heart on your sleeve, and don't invest more than your prepared to lose, regardless of cultures and family wants, it's all about you and her, no body else and if she agrees with that, you have a head start.

If she asks for money, move on, in 13 years, mine still hasn't asked me for money and when she buys something for herself like a bag, she will ask me what do I think, usually its up to you honey, and 90% of the times she won't, she will wait for a sale...lol

Good luck.

My Exgf didn’t want Security, she wanted everything so she could sell it and gamble and screw everything in Moobaan when I went to work 4 month 4 month on...

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

My Exgf didn’t want Security, she wanted everything so she could sell it and gamble and screw everything in Moobaan when I went to work 4 month 4 month on...

As I said in my original reply, extract below:

5 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Your chances I would say are about 1 in a billion,

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

Well , it's not all bitterness ... a long time ago I had to go to a village in Isarn because my girlfriend wanted to introduce me to her parents before we marry ... So , I spend some time alone with her parents , she went to a market with her sister ... when she came back , I told her that I had changed my mind and NOT want to marry anymore ... she was quiet and relaxed , she made no big scene , but simply asked if we still could go to the local government office the next day , spend some time in a restaurant or somewhere , and than go back to her parent's house and tell them that we could not marry because there were some papers missing . Like this she would not ' lose her face ' in front of her parents ... Well , after she behaved like this , I thought I could take the risk and marry ... now we are married for 22 yrs already and still happy ...

If you read my post again, I told him to make up his own mind, just as you did, eventually, and indeed as I did.  Married 23 years now to the same wonderful Thai lady. Out of curiosity, why did you change your mind after spending time with her parents, and then back again? 

• Like 1

Dont matter how the girl comes across, full of tatts, no tatts, mad as a snake, quiet as a mouse whatever only thing i can suggest is you have to be together a long time to work each other out like any relationship, worked out for me but unfortunately i have seen horror relationships especially when a house/property goes into her name, my advise is to spend what you can afford to loose ha ha

• Like 1

Asians does not have the same concept of "Love" as we in the west understand it. "Love" is a huge myth in the west, there is no such thing in reality. Two people get together and find themselves more and more comfortable together, after the initial sexual attraction of course. Then it's just a matter of building up each others "Ego". Asian "Love" is more a matter of practical convenience and a great deal of pragmatism.

• Like 2