How do I know she's not a good girl?

Zagor

On 6/6/2020 at 8:39 PM, spiekerjozef said:

Good in what ?

Good mother? Good in bed? Good as in faithful?

Good in investing your money? Good in taking your money?

Good in cheating? Good at saving money?

What does good mean in your book?

For a girl to be smoking cigarettes is considered VERY poor form among Thais !

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I actually used to have many women friends when I was younger and used to talk to them way too much.

Having female friends is a one way street, it's always about them, and you providing services for them while getting nothing in return. Not to mention everyone will suspect you're gay.

• Haha 2

On 6/7/2020 at 12:33 PM, Tagged said:

Who wants a boring girl who knows nothing about life, huh

Bad meeting Bad = Good

good meeting Bad = Dissaster

Bad meeting good = Dissaster

Good meeting Good = Boring

Normal meeting normal works  well Ive  found

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Having female friends is a one way street, it's always about them, and you providing services for them while getting nothing in return. Not to mention everyone will suspect you're gay.

Ive always found women easier to get along with than men.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/8/2020 at 6:38 AM, BritManToo said:

1) I've never been interested in talking to women, thy're for sex, and a bit of flirting leading to sex.

2) Nearly all women are gold diggers, many white women just like to pretend they're not, but their actions give them away.

I'd say white women are a lot worse. An Asian girl's demands are very modest.

A white western girl will think nothing of emptying your house, your bank account and then taking your house if she can.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

If you read my post again, I told him to make up his own mind, just as you did, eventually, and indeed as I did.  Married 23 years now to the same wonderful Thai lady. Out of curiosity, why did you change your mind after spending time with her parents, and then back again? 

Just to0 answer your question ... I did not like her parents and the way they have been living ...

I changed my mind because she reacted in a very nice and good way after Im told her that I won't marry anymore . Another woman would have made a BIG scene out of this ... crying , shouting , ( how can you do that to me ...) , but she did not . I liked that .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Logosone said:

I'd say white women are a lot worse. An Asian girl's demands are very modest.

A white western girl will think nothing of emptying your house, your bank account and then taking your house if she can.

You are living in a dream world, if you believe what you posted.

I was married to a Thai lady, who took my house, my car, in fact everything including my clothes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Asians does not have the same concept of "Love" as we in the west understand it. "Love" is a huge myth in the west, there is no such thing in reality. Two people get together and find themselves more and more comfortable together, after the initial sexual attraction of course. Then it's just a matter of building up each others "Ego". Asian "Love" is more a matter of practical convenience and a great deal of pragmatism.

'Love' is an amalgam of respect, friendship, attraction (in its widest meaning), compatibility and trust.  Love is a useful contraction of all those things and applies equally to Western peoples and to Thais. I actually don't think that sex, per see,  is part of love at all.  As a straight man, I can still 'love' my male friends, my son, my son--in-law and well as females, in and out of my family. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Yea, Thai girls would NEVER do that right?  lol

The truth is, it all depends from where you 'picked-up' your beloved girl, matters not the country or the colour.

LOL

Edited by ravip
Add colour

5 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Just to0 answer your question ... I did not like her parents and the way they have been living ...

I changed my mind because she reacted in a very nice and good way after Im told her that I won't marry anymore . Another woman would have made a BIG scene out of this ... crying , shouting , ( how can you do that to me ...) , but she did not . I liked that .

Fair enough. I could take, or not, my wife's Father, who was basically a ex crook and a drunkard, although he never did me any harm.  Her Mama is still round and we get on quite well, so long as we don't spend too much time together.  The rest of her family I like very much. But like you, I married the daughter, not the family  and as we spent the first 20 years of our marriage living outside of Thailand,  it worked out well. 

• Like 1

find a girl who is educated with a advanced degree. doctors, nurses at hospitals. likely they have been educated abroad as well and can speak English. btw  my Vet is a knockout.  yes i know education is not everything, but a good place to start.

Edited by malibukid
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I never felt that way in the west, but that's because they were actually providing me with value (too). Female friends introducing me to their friends (which resulted in sex or relationships) was common when I was younger. During my time in Japan it almost never happened and indeed I felt used by female "friends". In Thailand you get the best of both world as "friends" usually end up sleeping with you AND introducing you to their friends....

P.S. I think the main reason why this happened in the west and Thailand but not in Japan is different concepts of attractiveness. In Japan being even slightly overweight is considered very unattractive, and being tall actually scares some girls away. I was definitely swimming upstream at the time, though I kind of appreciated the challenge and it made me understand a lot of things about women that I wouldn't have had things come easy back then.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I kind of appreciated the challenge and it made me understand a lot of things about women that I wouldn't have had things come easy back then.

Written by another expat who agrees with you .........

"Now I aren't no 'and with the ladies,

For, takin' 'em all along,

You never can say till you've tried 'em,

An' then you are like to be wrong.

There's times when you'll think that you mightn't,

There's times when you'll know that you might;

But the things you will learn from the Yellow an' Brown,

They'll 'elp you a lot with the White!"

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It can't be, because soon after you declare your love, or worse marry them, they stop having sex with you.

Happened with every girlfriend in my 20's, never in my 30's. The main difference is the ones in my 20's knew I wasn't messing with other girls, but the ones in my 30's were always on their toes. Nothing gets a woman's libido going like a little bit of jealousy, and nothing kills it faster than knowing she owns you....

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 3:20 AM, ravip said:

Interesting. First time I've heard of such. Possible to elaborate the circumstances? 

The joke is...he was shagging an ugly woman in an alleyway. The police caught him, took one look at the woman and arrested him for having an offensive person on his weapon...boom boom ????

• Haha 2

Look at yourself in the mirror. Could you find the same sort of equally attractive girl in your own country. If the answer is yes then she probably does care about you. If the answer is no then she only cares about your money.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/7/2020 at 3:26 AM, Zagor said:

Is it possible in Thailand to find a girl who will love you no matter the money, who will love you for what you are? Is there "pure" love?

Yes, but it may not work in long term, as everybody might expect the man to be the provider. 

"Pure love" might work fine in short time only, then real life's facts knock on the door...????

In real life it's a question of the right balance between love, care, and responsibility, not to forget a cultural gap; and there might even be a wider age gap to deal with than normally in Western countries.

You can find good girls everywhere in Thailand if the balance is right – tattoos or not – and you can also find bad girls everywhere, even without any tattoos at all...:thumbsup:

I've several times heard expressions from a Thai girl/lady that »I don't love him, but I can live with him«, and »I love him, but I cannot live with him, as he cannot provide for a family«!

Worth thinking about...????

The worst rip-off horror stories I know of – learned from first hand – are all about so-called "good girls". I also know several cases with expected so-called "bad girls" – i.e. birds from the night life, at least some kind of level there – that worked out very well, even for long time; I presume that he balance was right...????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, malibukid said:

find a girl who is educated with a advanced degree. doctors, nurses at hospitals. likely they have been educated abroad as well and can speak English. btw  my Vet is a knockout.  yes i know education is not everything, but a good place to start.

All that sounds good, but we have just a limited time left on this planet, and who want to live in Thailand, waith for your loved one working 6 days a week, and the longest leave they can get from work is about 10 days to maximum if you are lucky 2 weeks? 

9 minutes ago, khunPer said:

The worst rip-off horror stories I know of – learned from first hand – are all about so-called "good girls". I also know several cases with expected so-called "bad girls" – i.e. birds from the night life, at least some kind of level there – that worked out very well, even for long time; I presume that he balance was right...????

Good girls have higher expectations, and feel they are worth more than these cheep bar girls. So you can imagine when a Ozzy with fat wallet came here to the village meeting his young fiance parents at his own age for fist time. Open it up and give them 1,6 million for a new house, than go back to pattaya with her. Even a hi so educated Bangkok missus would think she is more worth than a young uneductated dark skin village girl right? And she deserves alot more respect of course. 

• Like 1