Washington prepares for major protest as Democratic officials move to rein in police

rooster59

Floyd is not the reason for the protesting. Just a trigger.  Black people in the US are in fear of their lives because of Floyd and others like him.  Sad but true sterotypical social system that is broken.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

You are unnecessarily putting words in my mouth and making a rather inane assumption. No. The vast majority are peaceful now. Rather than violence taking over, the exact opposite has happened. Very few of the current protests are turning violent. Does that somehow offend you? The whole notion of a democracy expressing itself in a democratic manner? 

Is it possible your reply has more to do with a certain horse race in the upcoming months and the rather massive denunciation by the American people, that the protests can now be interpreted as? 

Nope you're wrong. I have no politics here at all. And no I don't agree that only very few protests have turned violent. However, your previous statement puts you squarely outside of the so called 'Trump camp' but in mine there was no implication of what my politics were.

That any protest of any kind should turn violent should be at least distasteful to reasoning objective people and people that deny their impact must have an agenda or a blinkered view.

But that's okay, you sit back and '...enjoy...' it.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

I think ALL police officers across the county should take a week off.. All at the same time.

Bye bye America. Had a good run.

Can we do that?? That would be so fantastic....

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Would you consider saying that Floyd's drug and alcohol might have been the reason why it took 3 cops to hold him down. Is it possible without the drugs and alcohol, covid-19 he might still be alive.

You do write some odd posts....

There was only one cop 'holding' him down; & that one killed him.

Many of your posts, seem unnecessarily seditious....

Why is that?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

I think ALL police officers across the county should take a week off.. All at the same time.

Bye bye America. Had a good run.

Only a week off... just retire, would be better...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, faraday said:

You do write some odd posts....

There was only one cop 'holding' him down; & that one killed him.

Many of your posts, seem unnecessarily seditious....

Why is that?

Huh, guess all those pics showing one with a knee to back of neck, one cop holding Floyd's back down and one guy on the legs. Yep, that would be three. By the way, double spacing each sentence doesn't make it any more so.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Huh, guess all those pics showing one with a knee to back of neck, one cop holding Floyd's back down and one guy on the legs. Yep, that would be three. By the way, double spacing each sentence doesn't make it any more so.

Q.E.D.

Additionally, no need for the double space comment.

29 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Stick with facts, humor is obviously not your strong suit.

And accurate posting, is clearly, not yours.

Have a wonderful evening. ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

You are aware, that "defunding" is meant in the sense of "taking away their para-military- toys", fe, don't you?

It is not about taking away their uniforms and make them wear sacks!

By the way: teachers in the US are grossly underpaid, some of them use their own money to buy food for some poor students!

In the last weeks, it became clear that the healthcare - system ist grossly underfunded, as nurses and doctors had to make their own masks, when they worked with COVID- patients!

Maybe a little bit of your outrage should be directed at these facts and not about the fear that the police might not be able to buy nuclear- drones next!

Yeah it was those high tech toys that killed Floyd. I guess if you take the toys away they will just stoop to strangling people to death the old fashioned way.

Defunding the police and more specifically disbanding them is a crazy, moronic idea. They are talking about actually breaking up the police force in Minneapolis and replacing them with.... drum roll... social workers.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

He was sentenced to 5 years in prison in 2009 so did not get out until 2014. difficult to get more convictions when you are banged up. I don't see how it's 'racist' to point out his criminal past or that he was high on meth when arrested, they dont call that muck crazy medicene in  Thailand for nothing and arresting meth heads rarely goes smoothly. I consider breaking into a womans house and sticking a gun in her pregnant belly a hardened crime.

So did not do a thing for 6 years, moved town found a job and stayed out of trouble. What else does a guy have to do. Look at the video posted by me post 49. He it is a compilation of not only the security tape but other ones compiled by the washington post no resistance from him only him dropping on his knees.. was in the police car but pulled out by the cops. 

So no violence for 6 year, a job. Sure he used some drugs but so do a lot of other people.

• Haha 2

He probably would have gone to jail or gotten a high fine (and he should have) for being DUI and i really dislike people who use alcohol and or drugs and operate a vehicle. Guy did not need to be killed for this. 

Hope the cop has a fun time in jail (and I don't mean that he should be killed beaten or anything) just a long time in jail so he can think about what he did. I found it shocking watching the vid, the guy passes out but the cop still keeps his knee down. People standing by ask other cops to check his vitals they did not do that. 

The video i posted shows that the cops acted totally against regulations and made many mistakes. 

9 hours ago, Mavideol said:

maybe Don King, Mike Tyson, Kanye West, Shaquille O’Neal, Jimmie Walker, etc.... 

The 8 Kinds of Black Donald Trump Supporters

1. MAGA-scots

One of “the good ones.” These are the black people who are willing to serve as mascots for the white people who love Trump. They do so for a variety of reasons. Some of them are black people of middling intelligence, but when they are surrounded by mediocre white people, the combination of racism and low-IQ makes conservatives think the MAGA-scots must be geniuses.

https://www.theroot.com/the-8-kinds-of-black-donald-trump-supporters-1828064968

LOL, but not exclusive to Black Trump supporters

As a non American, I'm a "dummy" too:

"For these people, Trump is as interesting as a rattle to an infant. It is brightly colored and it makes a lot of noise."

Edited by Opl
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Washington prepares for major protest as Democratic officials move to rein in police

Come on Reuter’s you can’t even get the headline left!

Its Democrat!

• Like 2