Washington prepares for major protest as Democratic officials move to rein in police

rooster59

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

It wasn't the high tech toys, but it was the warrior cop phenomena that convinces our civil servants that they are at war.  They're not.  They're supposed to protect and serve.  Defunding them means taking away their military gear, which actually destabilizes civil society  (or limiting it to just enough for actual SWAT situations).  Not disbanding the departments.

Hand some kids a toy rifle and a toy hand grenade, and they instantly become GI Joe.  Fighting man from head to toe.  Out looking for some butt to kick.  It's the same with some cops.  Maybe a tiny minority.  But just like the protesters, the vast majority of whom were peaceful and law abiding- a tiny minority can wreak havoc.  That's something cop departments can't seem to learn.  Even a tiny minority is too many.

The difference between protesters and cops is that cops have the duty, the authority, and the mechanism to weed out their bad actors.   These 4 guys didn't become violent and abusive overnight and in a vacuum.

Which 4 guys became violent and abusive?

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Upstate said:

The neck guy definately,the other 3 no.

Go hang out with 3 of your best buddies when they beat someone to death or rob a store. 

See if you don't get banged up along with them.  Can you see where people may be angry that there's a double standard where cops are involved?

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

He probably would have gone to jail or gotten a high fine (and he should have) for being DUI and i really dislike people who use alcohol and or drugs and operate a vehicle. Guy did not need to be killed for this. 

Hope the cop has a fun time in jail (and I don't mean that he should be killed beaten or anything) just a long time in jail so he can think about what he did. I found it shocking watching the vid, the guy passes out but the cop still keeps his knee down. People standing by ask other cops to check his vitals they did not do that. 

The video i posted shows that the cops acted totally against regulations and made many mistakes. 

I half agree until the facts,all the facts come out.I’m 99 .5 % sure the cop was a serial brutalizer .Wait until all the facts come out before George becomes a martyr  .Im more concerned right now about the lynch mob, especially the criminals,  that took advantage of the crisis and the ones who excuse it and diminish it as justifiable .

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/06/04/cnns_chris_cuomo_who_says_protests_are_supposed.html

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, impulse said:

Go hang out with 3 of your best buddies when they beat someone to death or rob a store. 

See if you don't get banged up along with them.  Can you see where people may be angry that there's a double standard where cops are involved?

Really?

Edited by dundee48
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

How about you go hang out with 6/7 of your best buddies when they break into a pawn shop and murder the security guy.

That was David Dorn,where is the outrage for this murder?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Upstate said:

How about you go hang out with 6/7 of your best buddies when they break into a pawn shop and murder the security guy.

That was David Dorn,where is the outrage for this murder?

Doesn`t fit the narrative mate.Hard working retired police captain.They would rather take a knee for some career criminal.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, faraday said:

Q.E.D.

Additionally, no need for the double space comment.

And accurate posting, is clearly, not yours.

Have a wonderful evening. ????

O

K

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, riclag said:

I half agree until the facts,all the facts come out.I’m 99 .5 % sure the cop was a serial brutalizer .Wait until all the facts come out before George becomes a martyr  .Im more concerned right now about the lynch mob, especially the criminals,  that took advantage of the crisis and the ones who excuse it and diminish it as justifiable .

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/06/04/cnns_chris_cuomo_who_says_protests_are_supposed.html

Its a shame that there are looters and I don't think the guy is an angel or anything. But it looked like his last time in jail set him straight about violent crime. Sure he might have used drugs and he certainly should have gotten a heavy fine for driving under the influence (i hate people who do that). 

Every looter should IMHO be prosecuted and arrested if possible. This police violence does not justify the looting. I think there will always be a group that takes advantage of such things. I have seen it in my country too during soccer matches in the past. Most fans were ok but there was a hard core element that always looked for violence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

The ‘Democratic’ or ‘Democrat’ Party?

Q: Is it the “Democratic” Party or the “Democrat” Party?

A: The proper term is “Democratic Party.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2007/12/the-democratic-or-democrat-party/

Democrat Party (epithet)

Democrat Party is an epithet for the Democratic Party of the United States, used in a disparaging fashion by the party's opponents. While the term has been used in a non-hostile way, it has grown in its negative use since the 1940s, in particular by members of the Republican Party—in party platforms, partisan speeches, and press releases—as well as by conservative commentators.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)

The title speaks of individuals y or no !When you speak of individuals ,officials in a particular party in this instance Democrat’s  you don’t describe it as the official is from the demacratic party ,you would say the senator or the the mayor belongs to the demarcat party .Example, the senator or the congressman from new york is senator Schumer a demarcat not democratic senator/congressman.

Maybe in your country they describe officials in a individual party as democratic joe smith but in my country its demarcat joe smith. The demacrats want to defund ,not the democratic want to defund

Edited by riclag

27 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Was he arrested for it?

Was that known, at the time of his arrest?

He may have been doing drugs...which, if you ask me, is his personal problem and nothing the state should be involved in and he did NOTHING WRONG on that fatefull day!

Stop with the deflection!

I disagree, if someone is operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs then that should be prosecuted. But your right that had nothing to do with the reason why he was arrested. But it would certainly be a crime. I have no problems with people getting high or drunk. But when they operate a vehicle its a different story. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saint Nick said:

Let me spell it out for you:

some random people are just bad people!

They steal, lie cheat, kill!

That happens!

Then there is an ORGANISATION like the police, who is sworn in to "protect & serve" and they have a clear structure of command and oversight!

You don't see the difference there?

Don't see a problem, when that oversight completely fails?

I will not google it right now, but the cop who killed Floyd had a looooong register of disciplanary actions, taken against him and he was not only still out on duty, he was actually SUPERVISING the other cops!

This disciplinary register is - by the way- never mentioned by that bunch of people, that constantly points out, that George Floyd had comitted crimes some years ago and faced charges for them!

Go figure! 

What I see is that the police unions have overly high tolerance for bad behavior that protect the bad cops. Those same unions contribute heavily to the democrat party and the Democrats who run the cities. 

To pretend there is a large number of racist police officers is ridiculous. 

Fix the actual structural issues that prevent bad cops from being fired. 

Can we agree with this? 

Or must everything be twisted into the fault of the right that doesn't run these urban police departments? 

• Like 1