Stringent new normal measures imposed nationwide

rooster59

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Unless you are over pensionable age, your chances of dying, or even getting seriously ill from COVID are negligible.

The sick and elderly should be isolated. Everyone else should get on with their lives, just as we do for normal flu epidemics.

To hell with the "New Normal". Insist on getting the old normal back - or prepare for a life of neo-feudalism run by self-serving politicians and deranged technocrats.

You say The sick and elderly should be isolated, its nothing to do with age, I am now 70 very fit & never had a cold or flu

5 hours ago, sometime said:

You say The sick and elderly should be isolated, its nothing to do with age, I am now 70 very fit & never had a cold or flu

I was really talking about public policy, primarily in relation to care homes which have borne the brunt of the virus.

Non-institutionalised individuals are entitled to decide for themselveds whether or not they wish to isolate, bearing in mind that the risk of becoming seriously ill or dying of COVID increase with age.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, digger70 said:

Here we go again,Playing Big brother in a Province . Big brother mustn't forget that there is Not a Legal Law in Thailand that one Has to wear a mask outside ones home or on the street ,the only thing they can do is If one wants to enter a shop or a building is that they can Refuse one to Enter.

That THB 20K is for someone to make illegal easy Pocket Money.

Just enter a shop with the mask on then take the bloody thing off problem solved...

11 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Chanthaburi province announcing a D-Day against people leaving their homes without masks.

Inappropriate, if not downright insulting to the memory to thousands of brave Allied servicemen and women who perished fighting fascism.

And what a cruel irony that governments around the world are now using a phony war against an invisible enemy to undermine the very rights and freedoms our forebears fought so valiantly to preserve.

RIP.

Phony? And you expect  intelligent rational people to accept that there isn't a pandemic?  Exactly what rights and freedoms  have been curtailed? The wearing of a mask in a public venue is  hardly an imposition. The request to maintain proper hygiene or to keep 2 meters away from other people is not an infringement of civil liberties. On the contrary it acts to protect the rights of others not to be exposed to those who are infected or who are irresponsible.  Your hyperbole is over the top. A little bit of co-operation and some limited mild inconvenience will allow society to beat this pandemic. 

11 hours ago, sukhumvitneon said:

My grandfather would've never got on the boat to France during WWII if he saw the world they way it exists now, and that's including the pre covid era

And you spoke to your grandfather about this? Have you stopped to consider that the world is the way it is today because of the actions of people like your grandfather? His generation made the decisions both small and large which have given us today's world.  Don't attach your bias and prejudice to people who may have had a different reason than what you may assume. 

10 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

All wars are bankers' wars, deliberately started by the rich and powerful, knowing they will profit no matter what the outcome.

The phony "war" against the so-called COVID virus is no different. It will end up widening the wealth gap and give even greater control to politicians and the burgeoning technocracy. Not a sunny outlook, I fear.

More nonsense.  Wars are fought for scarce resources such as land, food, minerals or water. The American invasion of Mexico or the India/Pakistan ongoing conflict has land and water resources as one of its root causes.  The  European invasion of  Asia was motivated by many reasons, the least of which was "bankers''. Sometimes wars are fought because of ingrained hatreds such as the Rwanda/Burundi genocide. Bankers' interests are a convenient deflection to allow individuals and societies to avoid taking responsibility.  Societies make the decision to go to war, not  bankers.  It is society that  has the vested interest to manage and stop the pandemic. Bankers are along for the ride and bankers are just as much at risk as their clients. Covid 19 does not differentiate between banker and mechanic or  accountant. No need to toss out the  rhetoric from the bankrupt political sloganeering of the last century.  The world's financial markets  evolved beyond "bankers".

10 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Unless you are over pensionable age, your chances of dying, or even getting seriously ill from COVID are negligible.

The sick and elderly should be isolated. Everyone else should get on with their lives, just as we do for normal flu epidemics.

To hell with the "New Normal". Insist on getting the old normal back - or prepare for a life of neo-feudalism run by self-serving politicians and deranged technocrats.

This is the kind of ignorant rubbish that infuriates me, The issue has never been about dying, but is one of  long term health impact. COVID 19 isn't just a respiratory related illness, but is a  savage circulatory disease. It is leaving young people physically damaged and with a higher risk of stroke and heart attack than that of the  uninfected population.

When  the term "recovered" is used, that means having cleared the virus from the body. it does not mean that the lung tissue scarring is repaired and that the organ damage has gone away. It will take months if not years for  most to fully recover.

Your claim is infuriating because it is the same argument that was used  to argue against safety measures for industry because the long term effects of an exposure took time to manifest themselves. Just as it takes 10-25 years for exposure to various toxins to manifest their negative impact, the lung damage impact won't be seen in younger patients until they are in midlife and have exposure to other illnesses.  Damaged lungs are more susceptible to new respiratory illnesses. Damaged lungs result in pulmonary related  disease. Covid19 leavs the body's  circulatory system inflamed and we know that the inflammation of the circulatory system is what results in heart attack and stroke. You have measured the impact using deaths and that is the simpleton's  approach. The disease containment measures  are not tossed out for the   heck of it, but are intended to protect everyone.

10 hours ago, poskat said:

when was the last virus case in these locales?

how about using some actual epidemiological evidence

rather than fear and conformity

Thailand is doing the best that it can to  test the immediate need cases. Thailand is trying  to apply measures that reduce the spread of infection in areas where there are indeed known infections or where there have been infections.

Covid 19 carriers who are asymptomatic are not easily identifiable. It can be done through a use of active infection and antibody testing that uses a process of elimination, but this is expensive and requires resources that impoverished Thai provinces do not have. They are working with the limited resources that they have.

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Thomas J said:

sukhumvitneon

I think that the majority of men who lost their lives fighting WWII would reconsider if they saw how the world has turned out.  Look at England it fought to keep itself from being invaded from Germans only to pay to be taken over by Muslims.  The USA is not any better.  It fought the Germans and Japanese and now is an open invitation to anyone.  It has no borders to protect any longer.  

That what happens when you sell everything to the highest bidder.

18 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Its interesting how different countries have appoached this. Where I am at present they came out of lockdown 3 weeks ago and the locals have ignored all social distancing rules and mask use. The rate of infection has halved in the time since lockdown, so I don't know what to believe. I'm still keeping my distance from anyone and socially isolating but I'm the exception. 

Sounds nice, which country is that?  

20 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

And what a cruel irony that governments around the world are now using a phony war against an invisible enemy to undermine the very rights and freedoms our forebears fought so valiantly to preserve.

Yes, and I'm wondering when Thailand will return to the name Siam, because they sure threw out the 'free' that Thailand represented in it's name.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Read this and make up your own mind.

https://unnwo.org/

I think enforced abnormal would be more suitable.

Yes, it would seem that the lunatics are running the asylum at the UN now. Have you read UN Agenda 2030? 1984 ain't got anything on this. Then there is Agenda 21 another "delightful" read.

https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/content/documents/21252030 Agenda for Sustainable Development web.pdf

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nielsen said:

I think enforced abnormal would be more suitable.

Yes, it would seem that the lunatics are running the asylum at the UN now. Have you read UN Agenda 2030? 1984 ain't got anything on this. Then there is Agenda 21 another "delightful" read.

https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/content/documents/21252030 Agenda for Sustainable Development web.pdf

It probably won't surprise you to know that I am conversant with Agenda 21/30, now rolling out worldwide while the mainstream media yawns and looks the other way.

Interesting to see the UN now openly admitting the New World Order agenda is no mere conspiracy theory but also confirming their status as the driving force behind it.

Clearly, they believe it is already "game over" for the sheeple.

On 6/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, Aussieroaming said:

Its interesting how different countries have appoached this. Where I am at present they came out of lockdown 3 weeks ago and the locals have ignored all social distancing rules and mask use. The rate of infection has halved in the time since lockdown, so I don't know what to believe. I'm still keeping my distance from anyone and socially isolating but I'm the exception. 

In OZ face mask are an option, especially traveling on public transport, other than that right through out the Covid 19 process no masks 

If the figures that have been pedaled from the Government are correct I don't see why even more draconian measures are required, I thought we were coming out of the so called crisis. 

We have so far seen 7 million cases world wide out of a world population of 7.8 billion this virus has been blown out of all proportion and has led to even more personal restrictions of freedom, does anyone remember the Prisoner and number 6, his prediction of the future? It all about control and power.

• Thanks 2

On 6/7/2020 at 1:56 PM, Aussieroaming said:

" so I don't know what to believe."

Try you've been lied to.  That's a good start.
Then check out independent epidemiologists and virologist who are not connected to the pharmacy industry or the Gate's foundation network.  Their research and expertise will explain why this seasonal virus hasn't turned into the world killer that Gates and his friends in industry, media, and government had promised.