Sarasas Witaed School

stament

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone could share any experiences about this school. Did a search but not much info available freely and their website is out of date, another one relying on Facebook. Guess cheaper and easier to maintain.

Interested to hear opinions on school.

Thanks 

Our 12 year old son has been going there for 2 years. Started in thai stream but now in bilingual. We would like to get him up to International stream which is taught 100% in English, but I dont feel he is ready for that yet. Maybe after 1 more year with outside english tutors he will be ready.

Not sure how else to help but maybe you would like to pm me with specific questions?

As ever, some teachers are better than others. Same when I was at school I recall- just!

• Like 1

This is the one in Mae Hia on Hang Dong Rd?

Both our girls go/went there = one has progressed on to a university (she is the better, motivated student)....The youngest is 12 and does passable work....She started in the bilingual program for a few years, but then we dropped her to Thai curriculum only & I'll be damned if we don't see more English work/books coming home now than we did before....

Some of the teachers are Filipino and, per my daughter, harder to understand, (if you spent time in PI you'll relate).....All the activities are done well....The grading seems fair, and the teachers comments are realistic....

The one area I think they lack is proactive communication with the parents.....Our youngest is a lazy student & trying to keep updated is not easy....There is a book that comes home where our daughter marks her lessons, but the teachers comments are often glossed over....

Each class has an active Line parents group which my wife follows + the home teacher's phone number is also available.....The teacher is always responsive, however, it's usually after we find there might be a concern....It's the Thai approach I guess.....

That being said, my daughter is one of these that will work twice as hard to get out of something instead of just buckling down to get it done....

But, she's off the charts artistically with many talents so she will probably will never conform to the "norm" unless/until the "real world" hones her down.....

I wish I could find an arts program for her.....

My wife's major is in education so I let her take care of the communication aspect but do find proactive communication from them lacking....The class size is about 27/28 so the ratio is about the norm.....

This chain of private schools is  a huge business, with about 30 large campuses.....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

I was, perhaps incorrectly, writing about the 'city branch' of sarasas near the Rail station.

However I fully endorse your comments about some Phinglish teachers being very hard to understand-even for me, let alone for a student trying to learn english. Also you comments about teachers not being proactive. Differs with different teachers but responding via Line does seem quite acceptable way outside school hours. To my surprise.  But it seems left to parents to take the initiative to check up on progress.

• Like 1

A friend's daughter went there. I would suggest you consider Lanna International School if you can afford it. It seems to be the most cost effective school with high standards. I sent my kids there and I'm not British.

• Thanks 1

SARASAS is <deleted>, read reviews on google

government style with airco, but $$$$$$$$$$$$$

ps: international program, the receptionist spoke ZERO ENGLISH

great, right, for a brand that pretends to learn English to kids...

Edited by Bender Rodriguez

59 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

Yes, in the old days of teflwatch, the Sarasas schools were legendary.  Some moreso than others.  Complaints against LIST were non-existent..things can change abruptly, though.  No one has repeated this lately, but raising kids to any kind of Western standard is $$$$ here.  A family of four easily needs twice as much to live on, as a couple.

Edited by moontang

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

Interestingly, some sales reps/receptionists for the Thai and Bilingual programs do speak adequate English for the purpose.