Dont lend money to Thai "friends"

yes, $100 to a lady is a tip... can I guess you had relations w/her? 

Though I will say that Thai have paid back loans to me even if it took years... while farang have told me the $$ will be here next week... some farang have paid but all Thai have paid - except where it was a gift... 

Usually the game is to pay back the small loans and gradually ask for larger amounts (which are also payed back).

Then when they estimate they have reached the ceiling limit on what they can ask..

disappear with the looty.

Actually, such a person who needs to be taught this lesson is probably gullible enough to have lost millions on the wrong choice of "friends".

Probably should be thanking him/her. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

yes, $100 to a lady is a tip... can I guess you had relations w/her? 

Though I will say that Thai have paid back loans to me even if it took years... while farang have told me the $$ will be here next week... some farang have paid but all Thai have paid - except where it was a gift... 

I am a girl also....., i knew her in a hostel when my last visit to bkk that time she was staff there

10 minutes ago, pookondee said:

Usually the game is to pay back the small loans and gradually ask for larger amounts (which are also payed back).

Then when they estimate they have reached the ceiling limit on what they can ask..

disappear with the looty.

Actually, such a person who needs to be taught this lesson is probably gullible enough to have lost millions on the wrong choice of "friends".

Probably should be thanking him/her. 

absolutely,  thx:)

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

I have no issue lending money but not without collateral.

Last week I lent Bt.10,000 to one of the missus's freinds, she left me her PCX scooter along with the book, both sets of keys, A signed copy of her ID card, A signed power of attorney and transfer form and the signed bill of sale.

she gets it all back at the end of the month when the loan is repaid or I go to the Transport dept and change the book into my name.

smart!

5 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Why? Were you harassing the person by contacting out to hem too much? General rule of thumb is if you don't have enough to lose it then don't give it. 

I did not call her after some suggestions(via line) for some job opportunities what she did not take even by an interview.  and I ask a co-worker to help with fixing her laptop for free.  jing jing , lol

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I have no issue lending money but not without collateral.

Last week I lent Bt.10,000 to one of the missus's freinds, she left me her PCX scooter along with the book, both sets of keys, A signed copy of her ID card, A signed power of attorney and transfer form and the signed bill of sale.

she gets it all back at the end of the month when the loan is repaid or I go to the Transport dept and change the book into my name.

Formula valid for ANY nationality!

Money sees no nations or people!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tony s book said:

I did not call her after some suggestions(via line) for some job opportunities what she did not take even by an interview.  and I ask a co-worker to help with fixing her laptop for free.  jing jing , lol

Times are tough. Just forget about it. Generally I never lend money except to a BKK foreigner one time and he paid me back. But I knew he would as I had known him for many o years. But I have given money to Thai before as a gift.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

If it's a good friend, regardless of nationality, and they need money and I can spare it, I help them out. I don't worry too much about being paid back the small amounts you are talking about here.

I bought her food,  and gave her a samsung tab for free, helping with fixing her laptop, finding her some job which she did not even go for an interview.  I borrowed her money when she said it was hard to find a job. Maybe because I asked her if she got a plan to repay my money(i actually didn't ask immediately), and she disappeared....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Unfortunately you must write off the 3000, and in the unlikely event it is returned consider yourself in receipt of a lucky windfall

Most people enjoy being able to help out a friend, this is not foolish, just sign of a generous caring nature. I have often seen this with Thai people assisting a friend even though they have little themselves.

People who believe in karma would feel this act of generosity will be repaid, perhaps in other ways, so don't be too despondent, it is good to help others without attaching too many strings, maybe this girl loaned 1000 baht to her friend, or gave to her mother, your generosity may have traveled far.

Who knows, maybe one day you too will be in need and assistance will be rendered by another who shares your kind nature

In the meantime try to make sure you always keep enough for your own needs

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tony s book said:

I bought her food,  and gave her a samsung tab for free, helping with fixing her laptop, finding her some job which she did not even go for an interview.  I borrowed her money when she said it was hard to find a job. Maybe because I asked her if she got a plan to repay my money(i actually didn't ask immediately), and she disappeared....

I'm sorry but if you can't afford to lose it, don't lend it.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Tony s book said:

you can do everything under the sun to help many people here but to them you are just a walking ATM....Many just think westerners are all super rich back home with massive houses, 2 cars and never have any money problems...they have no idea how it really is!