regarding Friendship bridge, Nonkhai opening

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the proper forum, if it's not please move my post.

My family resides in Laos, but my two children go to high school in Thailand.  They were here in Vientiane when the Corona outbreak came, and have been here since.  School is scheduled to open in Thailand in early July.  The bridge entry to Thailand is still closed, and I am wondering what to do to get them back to Thailand in time for school opening.

Does anyone have any information on when the Friendship Bridge is scheduled to re-open to Lao nationals?

Thanks if you can help!

• Haha 1

It will not be open thus month. Perhaps in July but that is only a maybe.

If they are enrolled in school here there might be a way to get special permission for them to enter. I suggest you contact the Thai embassy about it. But they may have to go into a quarantine facility for 14 days.

Moved to this forum.

Hi Joe, thanks for the information.

Regarding contacting the Embassy, how is that done?  (In person by appointment, or can I get information by email?)  Without the physical documents they need from the school to get their new student visas [which have now expired], I'm not sure what the best way to make contact with the Embassy is.

You could contact them by phone or email. Info here: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/embassy/address.php

You will need to have the supporting documents for their non-ed visas. You could have those sent to you by mail. Getting the visas will be the first step of them being able to enter Thailand.

At this time it appears the visa section is closed. Appointment page is here. https://thaivisavientiane.com/#

4 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

WHAt natilnality eat the kids. That may be relavent when the bridge opens as well. 

On 6/7/2020 at 1:41 PM, ThunderRd said:

Does anyone have any information on when the Friendship Bridge is scheduled to re-open to Lao nationals?