The new normal roadside

marquis22

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

I call BS... As a teenager 50 years ago I vividly remember dad driving down the highway and we would roll down the windows and toss out all the trash which included fast food wrappers and emptying the ashtray.

Disgusting.  But that was not Bali.  You were in a place where consumerism arrived earlier than in Bali so clearly things were different.  Thankfully not everyone choose the piggy life you lived.

12 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Did you not look at the photo I posted erlier?  England - a beauty spot full of rubbish from day trippers.  Or is tha also not the fault of the West, and still, somehow, Thailand's fault?  People are the problem.  Same the World over.  Stop bashing the Thais <deleted>.

PH

12 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Did you not look at the photo I posted erlier?  England - a beauty spot full of rubbish from day trippers.  Or is tha also not the fault of the West, and still, somehow, Thailand's fault?  People are the problem.  Same the World over.  Stop bashing the Thais <deleted>.

PH

It looks like everyone sat round this one table. Or maybe rubbish was emptied round this table for the Photo.

5 hours ago, Nemises said:

Those “Thai litter bugs” are also dumping their rubbish in Sydney. 

Today’s Sydney Daily Telegraph...

At least there is some publicity and a measure to try and control the dumping in Sydney by those "pesky Thais".

I have not seen or heard of any such control measures being reported in the press or on TV to try and catch/control 'pesky Falang' from dumping rubbish on the roads around Lampang.

It is really like a commercial dump alongside some of the small tracks throughout the outlying scrub country.

On 6/8/2020 at 12:30 PM, Phulublub said:

These litter bug Thais get everywhere...just look at this in deepest Derbyshire:

Sometimes I'm thinking of moving back to Thailand. But then I remember the garbage, the noise anytime and everywhere, and the hassle of 90 day reports and extensions of visa... No, not really.

Still missing some things like the climate, mangoes, girls, generally friendly people, my motocy...

Well, can't have everything.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chrissloan58 said:

Thais just don't know any better. They were never taught and the government has no practices in place to teach them. It's not like in the states where there are no littering signs and fines posted everywhere. I don't blame them they were never taught to not litter and don't know any better. 

They were never taught not to litter, it's not something people are taught, it's a proper upbringing, which they don't have here. I was shown the garbage bin from when I was able to walk, not shown to throw my trash on the street, etc. And any decent human being would pickup trash that's been left on my property. Not walk by it.

On 6/8/2020 at 11:30 AM, Phulublub said:

These litter bug Thais get everywhere...just look at this in deepest Derbyshire:

I bet you trawled the net looking for a counter, of an image likely set up by the local council to shine the spotlight on illegal visitations. The above (conveniently in one spot) is not indicative of the UK today regards littering. When I was a kid, folk would unload out their car windows with nary a thought, but today it is totally different. I do a lot of driving all around the country and it's pretty much devoid of litter. I love Thais, too, but the littering issue is endemic. 

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

I bet you trawled the net looking for a counter, of an image likely set up by the local council to shine the spotlight on illegal visitations. The above (conveniently in one spot) is not indicative of the UK today regards littering. When I was a kid, folk would unload out their car windows with nary a thought, but today it is totally different. I do a lot of driving all around the country and it's pretty much devoid of litter. I love Thais, too, but the littering issue is endemic. 

You would lose your bet.  I posted one photo from a series taken at Chatsworth House following the first weekend after lockdown when the British public were allowed to visit. There were many others, it was not "conveniently in one spot".  Had I gone searching, I am sure I could have found many, many more examples.

The lengths some people will go to to try and justify their blinkered view that Thais are somehow beneath them and their countrymen is truly shocking. 

I really cannot understand why such people want to live in a country full of such "others".  If it is so bad then please pack your bags and go somewhere else.  Otherwise accept Thailand for what it is - better in some wys, worse in others than absolutely everywhere else on the planet.

PH

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2020 at 9:21 PM, dingdongrb said:

..and yet you don't even know me

Your telling about you throwing trash out of your car along the road is more than enough knowing you.  Dont need any more.

2 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Your telling about you throwing trash out of your car along the road is more than enough knowing you.  Dont need any more.

...and yet you've never did anything in your life that you look back on and are ashamed of?  Hmmmmmm ...  I guess we're all not perfect like you.... At least I'm man enough to tell the truth and not hide behind false pretenses. 

Do note, many folks that have done things in the past are not a reflection of how they are today.

7 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

...and yet you've never did anything in your life that you look back on and are ashamed of?  Hmmmmmm ...  I guess we're all not perfect like you.... At least I'm man enough to tell the truth and not hide behind false pretenses. 

Do note, many folks that have done things in the past are not a reflection of how they are today.

Read

"Your telling about...."

is about you now, what your are doing now, telling about

Good luck with your "man enough".

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

Read

"Your telling about...."

is about you now, what your are doing now, telling about

Good luck with your "man enough".

Now? I recycle everything that is recyclable and never toss trash on the ground, which I admitted doing in my youthful days as an unconscious youth? I even compost waste products for the garden. D take note that the aluminum and plastics that I recycle are donated to those less fortunate so they can reap the THB benefits rather than sitting them out for the daily trash pickup.

NOTE: No 'luck' is needed for my manhood.

Still waiting for your truthful reply, or are you keeping all your past demons to yourself?

"...and yet you've never did anything in your life that you look back on and are ashamed of?"

10 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Still waiting for your truthful reply, or are you keeping all your past demons to yourself?

"...and yet you've never did anything in your life that you look back on and are ashamed of?"

Keep waiting, enjoy the knowledge that if my past demons do not emerge beating you about the head and shoulders that somebody elses surely will.

2 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Keep waiting, enjoy the knowledge that if my past demons do not emerge beating you about the head and shoulders that somebody elses surely will.

Just as I thought, another self-righteous keyboard warrior....

On 6/8/2020 at 8:15 PM, Phulublub said:

PH

We got the same in the Netherlands some people are just pigs. Not a typical Thai problem however it seems that it happens a lot more over here (or is cleaned less)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

We got the same in the Netherlands some people are just pigs. Not a typical Thai problem however it seems that it happens a lot more over here (or is cleaned less)

More related to education in MHO.

Western countries seem to be emerging as Third World Countries. Whilst Third World Countries remain the same.