A thai work visa needs any diplomas?

You don't need any qualification to get a Work Permit unless you intend teaching.

You may be asked to "verify" whatever qualification you put on your WP application form, but that means signing that you do indeed have that qualification.

What job are you looking at?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crossy said:

You don't need any qualification to get a Work Permit unless you intend teaching.

You may be asked to "verify" whatever qualification you put on your WP application form, but that means signing that you do indeed have that qualification.

What job are you looking at?

veterinar

• Confused 1

I have recently obtained my digital work permit in a BOI company with a diploma.

I was told I needed some form of education certificate.

I have no degree, just that diploma (without a transcript).

23 hours ago, Tony s book said:

veterinar

Which possibly means that your documented qualifications would need to be accepted by the appropriate Thai authority.

In regard to doctors of medicine, overseas qualifications are not accepted. In such case the person needs to study again in a Thai school of medicine, same course as locals and in Thai language. Whether the same attitude /regulation flows through to veterinary qualifications acceptance needs to be checked.

Google produced this:

"You had better contact with Faculty of Veterinary in the following Universities in Thailand:

Kasetsart University.

Chulalongkorn Univeristy."

Chiang Mai University.

Mahanakhon University of Technology.

Mahidol University.

Perhaps a call to one of the above universities could clarify whether locals and/or foreigners working as a vet must be qualified, etc. 

Edited by scorecard

16 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

I have recently obtained my digital work permit in a BOI company with a diploma.

I was told I needed some form of education certificate.

I have no degree, just that diploma (without a transcript).

Further, in some cases the employer can convince the Labour Ministry that long-term broad experience is the main requirement of the job rather than academic qualifications.  

Edited by scorecard

There is this English translation of the Veterinary Profession Act B.E. 2545 but I don't know how up-to-date it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CnZKyASPaXXUhVsr_Fm42oPrf_sDmzKN/view?usp=drivesdk

Section 33 appears to indicate that a foreign degree is acceptable for an application for a licence as first class veterinary practitioner.