Krabi: Not one single tourist for the first day return of Phi Phi ferry - they didn't know, claims operator

webfact

Krabi: Not one single tourist for the first day return of Phi Phi ferry - they didn't know, claims operator

1pm.jpg
Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that things were not only quiet on the first day of the return of the ferry from Krabi to Koh Phi Phi after lockdown.

Tourists were completely nonexistent. 

Not one single tourist turned up for the 9 am and 3 pm trips between the Klong Jilad pier and the holiday island. 

As ticketing staff  twiddled their thumbs the ferry left without anyone except boat crew aboard.

1pm1.jpg

Andaman Wave Master manager Jakramongkhon Rathakarn confirmed the worst after the provincial authorities backed the service to resume following two months of inaction.

He said that clearly the tourists didn't know that the ferry was running. 

He complained that each trip cost his company 30-35,000 baht and said that the service would run until the end of June when there would be a review. 

1pm2.jpg

He called on the local tourist association and the TAT to inform tourists that they were open for business and said that the government should help the plight of operators such as them. 

Thaivisa notes that there have been many reports of tourists "stranded" on Phi Phi - whether they want to 'return to civilization' from their piece of paradise appears to be a moot point.

Source: Daily News

• Haha 2

I think they will have to ride the storm for a while, we dont see any bookings add to that Phuket airport opens Tuesday but my guess not for international flights and nobody is sure what will be the government restrictions,

Friend of mine has decided not to open her hotel until around November it would cost money to open now, having to bring staff back.

With everything thats going on it is low season in normal times and the last low season was not very busy

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No announcements also as to whether Hotels can open or not....all supposedly closed until the end of May by the Mayor but no further updates.....I have a reservation later this month but haven`t a clue whether I can go or not...free cancellation so I,m not too worried...:whistling:

• Haha 1

What were they expecting? 

There is zero inbound interationalal tourism and domestic tourists will at best only go on holiday at the weekend.

Right now, perhaps there is justification for one boat per week travelling out on saturday with the return on the sunday - but thats it.

They might want to try advertising across differrent media to get the word out - it's only a suggestion ???? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BobBKK said:

There are no tourists?  what do they expect?  no one can enter right?

2 men enter 1 man leave

2 men enter 1 man leave

we don't need another hero. we just need to find a way home. all we want is what's beyond .....

• Confused 1

Severe lack of information from krabi governor and TAT,,,no one knows what’s going on,,phuket hotels allowed to open 1 June but no one gave any of the hotels advance notice of this,,,,,krabi hotels who knows if they are allowed to open again no info..

info or not these boats to phi phi are gonna be running neAr empty for at least a couple of months.

11 hours ago, BobBKK said:

There are no tourists?  what do they expect?  no one can enter right?

Correct, confusing reports . My understanding is/was, that people from Bkk and surrounds were subject to 14 Days isolation upon arrival !

Clear this up you might have  a shot at it!

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 4:57 PM, Deli said:

Isn't Krabi one of the provinces still on the " must do 14 days quarantaine list " ?

As long as this is the case, they will have only empty boats.

That changed on Monday you just need the Morchana app.

But as everyone says there are no tourists because the National parks are all closed.  The local islands are all national park so there is very little to do in Krabi without them.