Thailand Post restarts international delivery services

webfact

4 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Can we have regular airmail, please

Yes.

See here, update of June 2nd:

No idea what the big "news" in this article is.

The overpriced courier service was available all the time (as far as I know).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:
7 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

"Courier Post has restarted services to as many as 107 destinations, including the UK"

1100 baht for a letter!

Can we have regular airmail, please ????

Yes.

See here, update of June 2nd:

No idea what the big "news" in this article is.

The overpriced courier service was available all the time (as far as I know).

Can we have regular airmail to the USA and Australia please. Surely there are enough repatriation flights these days to get the mail moving.

• Like 1

Jeez finally! I had ordered something from the US via UPS & USPS on 22nd of April, made its way form California and Taiwan, the package is actually here in the kingdom but still stuck at the customs I guess!

• Like 1

I had been waiting for my $1200 stimulus check form the USA. I checked online and it was mailed on May 1. Yesterday, June 8, it was delivered (finally). I took it to my bank and they don't handle international checks. So now I must mail it back to my sister in the US and have her deposit it. TIT. But I am glad that international mail service is back to normal. Should be little delay in her receiving it and then depositing it in my account.....

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

"Courier Post has restarted services to as many as 107 destinations, including the UK"

1100 baht for a letter!

I am still waiting for a packet from UK posted at the beginning of April. Stuck somewhere in a mountain of  delayed mail and may never appear. 

16 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

1100 baht for a letter!

Agreed.

Courier Post letter to U.S. recently for me was 990 baht.

I fear "regular" airmail (~ 37 baht) is a long way off.

18 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

I hope it gets out to the rural areas of Thailand. The people out here don't always seem to get clear news of what is happening.

Hi,

I sent some documents yesterday by EMS world Thailand post to the Channel islands from a rural area up in Kalasin.

The price was 880 baht for net weight 0.150kg

It's Tuesday here at noon in Pattaya. Just tried to send a letter to the USA, in a manner that provides a tracking number. Normal cost is about 120 baht. Today they declined to accept it and told me I can use EMS for more than 800 baht. I'll wait! It's not that important that I want to spend an extra 700 baht for....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ehs818 said:

It's Tuesday here at noon in Pattaya. Just tried to send a letter to the USA, in a manner that provides a tracking number. Normal cost is about 120 baht. Today they declined to accept it and told me I can use EMS for more than 800 baht. I'll wait! It's not that important that I want to spend an extra 700 baht for....

but do you know the reason ?

it seems to be caused by unrest in US...

3 hours ago, ehs818 said:

Tuesday afternoon in Bangkok and tried to send a letter to the USA using Thai Post at MailBoxes, Etc. Told Thai Post is still not sending international mail to USA, and my only option is Fedex.  I will wait...

• Like 1

I sent a letter to the UK last week ,17 baht ,thought afterwards, normaly  27?baht, is it going by sea route, or air mail. .

A package I ordered end of March, still not got here from the UK.

But, the  May 22ed -June2ed edition  of Private Eye got to me last week.

• Haha 1