Drinkers caught out by social media rule carrying Bt50,000 punishment

snoop1130

Drinkers caught out by social media rule carrying Bt50,000 punishment

By The Nation

800_0df36aca09eb9d9.jpg

Drinkers in Thailand are advised to be careful when posting pictures of themselves partying, after several citizens were called to meet law enforcement officials for defying the law.

Under Section 32 of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act, posting a photo of an alcoholic drink on social media can be punished with a fine of up to Bt500,000.

Section 32 prohibits Internet users from promoting the drinking of alcohol, or revealing logos or labels of beverages. Anyone who violates the rule faces a fine of between Bt50,000 and Bt500,000.

However, violations are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, with law enforcement officials applying punishment according to the severity of the case. No rewards are offered for reporting violations.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389260?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-08

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SteveK said:

How do they know it's actually booze from a photo?  

Yeah I mean I've got cellulose  thinners in a  Lao  bottle as  bought, mind you I wouldn't drink that, I  might I suppose, if she was  really  ugly?

• Haha 2

Another benign thing you cannot do in Thailand,they keep mounting up,

and up to a 500,000 fine, that's even more than picking up a Starfish in

Phuket ,is there any proof that seeing a bottle of beer or whiskey is going

to turn you into an alcoholic,it's like seeing a picture of a young hot lady

is that going to turn you into a sex maniac,only the Government thinks 

it could????

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

it's like seeing a picture of a young hot lady

is that going to turn you into a sex maniac,only the Government thinks 

it could????

regards worgeordie

No, I had one young lady when she saw my hot body it turned her into a raving nymphomaniac Im guilty

Is this just another money grab by the Government.  What a way to drive your tourism into the toilet as folks can now be fined for showing themselves partying while in Thailand....go figure.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Is this just another money grab by the Government.  What a way to drive your tourism into the toilet as folks can now be fined for showing themselves partying while in Thailand....go figure.

What tourism?

4 hours ago, JCP108 said:

So, I need to turn off all the hundreds of FB photos on my personal page or scour through them all to find each one that might show a b**r and delete them?!!! For real?!!!!!!!!!!

it just gets worse

stupid people