BANGKOK
webfact

Koh Samui murder: Police interview British fitness trainer seen arguing with Ukrainian victim

5 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Yes your maybe a bit thick or didn't read the report that some one covered the body with palm fronds to try and hide her body. Don't think she could kill herself then cover up her own body 

I stand corrected.

8 hours ago, alation said:

Well it is closer to finding the perpetrator (s) come on coppers come on find who it was. I wonder why they didn't do a proper check of the area originally??????????

Because you have to know who's DNA you "might find" there before you go looking. I'm thinking a third even more thorough search will be in order once they've swabbed the "correct" suspect. 😉

dont know how long poor lady had this horrible disorder, could be the husband was hoping she would find another man who knows

Tension at having to deal with a moody partner plus the drama over money and arguing about such things aren’t out of the ordinary for many folks. Don’t mean he killed her.

lets wait n see what plod comes up with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, robsamui said:

Thais are trained from birth to have no initiative, and later schooled to be unable to make individual decisions without being part of a group or told to by an authority figure. So the forager had to report to his family group, who all listened to the head-granny, then they all had to go in a crowd together and trample the crime scene, before granny decided that it was indeed a body and not just the result of eating too many mushrooms and called in the police.

(Cultural note - you will experience this curious group phenomenon for yourself if you ever have a traffic accident involving a Thai. Five minutes after the police have taken you to the police station, a family group of around 30 will appear and all hang about outside looking fierce - although obviously in this case with different motivation.)

It’s so true: that everything is a decision by extended family commitee. And once ‘the ideas/solutions’ flow, there’s no real analytical or discriminatory process, it’s just a matter of how soon can we all get our heads nodding together and go eat lunch. 

• Haha 2

how was the under 50 yr old husband able to live and work in Thailand for 5 years.    I guess one should learn from the pros.   body must be in cement  and barrel and dumped in water.  Like those political refugees in Cambodia.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Unlikely, but if yhe phone is still at the pawn shop, maybe it will have incriminating messages on it?

• Like 1

One report I read was that the finder ran home to tell his family and two days? later they all went to the site to confirm it was a body. Ghosts???

• Like 1

Some troll posts and replies have been removed. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Elkski said:

how was the under 50 yr old husband able to live and work in Thailand for 5 years. 

With a visa?  Who said that he "worked" in Thailand, he was quoted as being a freelance photographer, that's all.  Why are you concerned about how he's able to live here?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluedoc said:

Why guess when someone’s life is at stake. You’d make a good Thai cop.

What? Is one more going to die? I thought she was dead already?

10 hours ago, Elkski said:

how was the under 50 yr old husband able to live and work in Thailand for 5 years.

He was a freelance photographer, i know this coz i read the story.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nomadinuk said:

Unlikely, but if yhe phone is still at the pawn shop, maybe it will have incriminating messages on it?

Shh you might give the cops ideas 🤫