Koh Samui murder: Police interview British fitness trainer seen arguing with Ukrainian victim

webfact

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So as usual the initial forensic examination [as it was a dead body] was poor, no real search of the area was done.

The British guy although seen to be arguing with her might not mean anything, it might just be a case of him having to buy back her phone from the pawn shop as she had no money?

Another point, if she pawned her phone [which stayed at the shop] why did the owner hold her passport??

I sincerely hope the British guy has a rock solid CCTV evidence or witness that can keep him out of clink.

The BiB will nail him quick to close this case.

There is nothing saying that she was killed on the 25th.

That is just the last time the husband saw her.

Husband started worrying after 29th when she didn’t pick up son.

He also posted missing person alerts with pictures on several local forums later that week.

Did the Brit report her missing on day she was supposed to pick up kid. Nothing I’ve seen said that. The husband did say he reported her missing to police a few days later, and felt frustrated by the response.

Was Brit with her arguing in the bike shop? Well to a thai, westerners being loud can look like an argument, which could just be loud frustration between another cultural norm.

The bike shop owner held the passport, she pawned the phone elsewhere to pay the bike fee and recover her passport.

Did the Brit really understand he was suddenly about to inherit a woman with no income and her half grown son? I can’t imaging he wouldn’t be somewhat upset if she unilaterally announced that he was the new breadwinner. Argument? Or just gobsmacked shock.

Edited by animatic

Various posts have been removed.

Until the deceased has been forensically examined, the cause of her death is unknown. Whether the deceased died of natural causes or not is also presently unknown.

That being said, various people mentioned in the above news articles are long time residents in Thailand. There is every chance that they, their friends or their family might read this particular topic.

Please do not post speculative or defamatory remarks about persons mentioned in these news articles. Such posts will be removed without further notice.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, transam said:

So the first time round the detectives missed a bottle and a pair of earrings.????

Perhaps a third look may be required....????

Yeah... and what about the green Ferrari bag?! Obviously a fake. I mean EVERYONE knows a real Ferrari bag is red.

It's just a real tragedy, a young kid has lost his mother.

If it was a murder or suicide is anyone's guess.  RIP.  

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

So.. a 'juiced up' Brit fitness trainer totally losing his rag, a jealous (Ukranian) husband, or yet another suicidal

On 6/9/2020 at 10:46 AM, robsamui said:

Thais are trained from birth to have no initiative, and later schooled to be unable to make individual decisions without being part of a group or told to by an authority figure. So the forager had to report to his family group, who all listened to the head-granny, then they all had to go in a crowd together and trample the crime scene, before granny decided that it was indeed a body and not just the result of eating too many mushrooms and called in the police.

(Cultural note - you will experience this curious group phenomenon for yourself if you ever have a traffic accident involving a Thai. Five minutes after the police have taken you to the police station, a family group of around 30 will appear and all hang about outside looking fierce - although obviously in this case with different motivation.)

Must be great to just KNOW all this, how Thais are actually 'trained from birth to have no initiative' etc etc etc blah blah blah, yeah??? How good you must feel about yourself, possessing such a grand wealth of knowledge of other people's lives!!!.. Oh, and thanks so very much for the 'cultural note'.. I feel so 'enlightened' now, <deleted>.

Edited by nicerounderereinnit

On 6/9/2020 at 8:12 PM, chivo said:

It’s so true: that everything is a decision by extended family commitee. And once ‘the ideas/solutions’ flow, there’s no real analytical or discriminatory process, it’s just a matter of how soon can we all get our heads nodding together and go eat lunch. 

Oh so hilariously smart you are.. sorry.. THINK.. you are!!.. So.. hows that going for ya, smartass??? (And is it as good for everyone around you as you LIKE TO imagine it is for YOU PERSONALLY?.. mm.. now there's something I'd doubt matters much to ya.. yeah??)...

• Sad 1

On 6/9/2020 at 3:37 PM, nausea said:

I don't see how you rule out suicide, without the autopsy report, the woman was a bit crazy after all. Please explain your reasoning. Maybe I'm a bit thick or something. Yes, I agree, 90% of these murders are committed by someone close to the victim. A simple timeline check on each suspect should sort it.

Bipolair, Sir, isnt crazy, Sir.

I gather you have ample experience in cases like this one, notwithstanding the simple fact it still has to be decided what the reason was why she is dead now.