Domestic tourism stimulus: 3,000 baht gift card and possible "cashback" for Thais may start in July

webfact

10 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Anything else is blatant RACISM. Where are those "Thai activists" that just yesterday staged an "anti-racism" protest against an unfortunate incident that occurred in a country 14 flight hours away? Why don't these "Thai activists" rather stage protests against the racism that is a daily occurrence in their own country?  

Because nobody is dead and its about a tourism stunt?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

Can you tell us why this is racist? Isn't it normal as the government is doing this to encourage INTERNAL(DOMESTIC) tourism?

You can look at my post (#13) for an answer. You mention internal/domestic tourism. I'm curious as to why I'm not included in this as I've lived here for 28 years, paid taxes the entire time I've worked, and often travel domestically with my wife which promotes the local tourism market. However, I'm white and not included in this latest offer, so that's a racist policy.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

Can you tell us why this is racist? Isn't it normal as the government is doing this to encourage INTERNAL(DOMESTIC) tourism?

Wiggy lives in LOS, pays taxes etc....

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

You can look at my post (#13) for an answer. You mention internal/domestic tourism. I'm curious as to why I'm not included in this as I've lived here for 28 years, paid taxes the entire time I've worked, and often travel domestically with my wife which promotes the local tourism market. However, I'm white and not included in this latest offer, so that's a racist policy.

If Mrs.Wiggy is Thai I would guess she can apply for it....

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

So we - the wretched foreigners who legally reside in this country - are excluded once again?

I take it you have Permanent Residence status?

I do not, just here on temp extension of stay for the last 16 years.

I do however still pay tax in my home country and get zero benefit from that.

9 minutes ago, transam said:

If Mrs.Wiggy is Thai I would guess she can apply for it....

If we were travelling together, possibly. Although that hasn't counted for much when I've been faced with double pricing (another racist policy).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Yeah, terrible racist policy, a government using its own financial resources, either from taxes or loans, to support their nationals and rebuild the economy!

Dastardly indeed!

Although you are correct to a certain extent, I do find it disappointing that the approx 200,000THB per year I pay in income tax here doesn't allow me any benefits at all in schemes like this.  

Edited by BobbyL
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

So we - the wretched foreigners who legally reside in this country - are excluded once again?

It's not so much that we desperately need those cashbacks or a 3,000-baht gift card. But it is the principle of things. If foreigners are "allowed" to pay taxes to the Thai state, they also should benefit from this kind of promotional schemes... that are in fact co-financed through their taxes.

Anything else is blatant RACISM. Where are those "Thai activists" that just yesterday staged an "anti-racism" protest against an unfortunate incident that occurred in a country 14 flight hours away? Why don't these "Thai activists" rather stage protests against the racism that is a daily occurrence in their own country?  

As long as one pays tax one should be entitled to this.. period.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1