London's statues from 'bygone' imperial past to be reviewed, mayor says

snoop1130

40 minutes ago, kingdong said:

He,d better get his skates on,next election he,'ll be history,he would be now if they hadn,t postponed the election due to corona,think he realises that and in the meantime is doing more damage to London than the Luftwaffe.

Really, can you explain exactly how removing statues and renaming streets will do that?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

He,d better get his skates on,next election he,'ll be history,he would be now if they hadn,t postponed the election due to corona,think he realises that and in the meantime is doing more damage to London than the Luftwaffe.

I have no doubt this story is false, but entertaining nonetheless.

A chap had gone to Germany to visit an RAF base, and was struggling to find his way around town.

"Excuse me, can you tell me where I might find a car park?"
"Are you here to visit the RAF?"

"Yes"

"Thanks to the RAF, we have more car parks than any other city in Germany"

end of conversation

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Where did I mention renaming streets?but as you bought up the subject of streets Khan is shutting a lot of public highways to all but bikes and buses,and increased the congestion charge and extended it to weekends,tfl is one billion pounds in deficit <deleted> up the wall mainly down to vanity projects, I live in London and my contribution to the London assembly via my rates increased 3.6% this year what's the inflation rate?in the meantime cannot help but notice you,'re posting a lot of "confused" emojis,get some help this confusion could be a sign of something serious.

As the OP is about renaming streets and removing statues I felt that was the relevant aspect of my post your analogy was directed towards. 

The rest of your post appears to be a rant because the cost of living in London is high. 

Don’t live there if that’s the case, my relatives there are coping quite well. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, PJPom said:

Pulling down a statue of a slave trader in Bristol, painting Churchill’s statue, this is just vandalism, we can learn from the past but we shouldn’t attempt to rewrite it.

It is not vandalism , it is a realistic opinion of of the truth .

Which the UK educational systems , controlled by the establishment ,

The new generation , of young graduates are not , believing in this historic British  , BS ..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

As the OP is about renaming streets and removing statues I felt that was the relevant aspect of my post your analogy was directed towards. 

The rest of your post appears to be a rant because the cost of living in London is high. 

Don’t live there if that’s the case, my relatives there are coping quite well. 

Where do,'es the renaming of streets come into this post?it doe sen,t,getting confused again? the rest of my post pertains to Khan ( who is the mayor of londons) mismanagement of the job he put himself Up to do.glad your relatives are coping and not getting confused.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Where do,'es the renaming of streets come into this post?it doe sen,t,getting confused again? the rest of my post pertains to Khan ( who is the mayor of londons) mismanagement of the job he put himself Up to do.glad your relatives are coping and not getting confused.

Completely disagree with your jaundiced view of Mayor Khan. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Completely disagree with your jaundiced view of Mayor Khan. 

Up to you,still you don,t have to live in London so think as I do and have to subsidise his crackpot schemes and pay his wages via the payment of my rates that my opinion carries more weight than yours.I also have to put up with the consequences of his actions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kingdong said:

Excellent news,should ensure Labour remain unelectable for the next 84 years glad they,'re nailing their colours to the last and showing their priorities in these troubled times.

Let’s see eh, right now, all looking good to me.

After all these are the democratically elected local officials who will be making these decisions.

Power to the people indeed. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

How did Labour do in the last elections ?

Are they trying to make themselves obsolete ?

I’d say they are responding to current issues. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

..............by a small minority .

They will be behind the Lib Dems and Greens in the next election (or was they already ?)

They,'ll be behind the late screaming Lord sutch,pity he never got in,a statue of Tommy Steele on every street corner was on his manifesto.