BANGKOK
webfact

Ukrainian woman found dead on Samui: "It may not be murder at all" says police chief as mysterious case baffles Thai police

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

To me it reads very strange that they are mentioning suicide. They clearly state that they found the body covered by several palm fronds. She can´t cover herself, right?

Of course she can!!   She takes whatever she's planned on and whilst she's waiting, she covers herself with the fronds that she has already collected.

It was very convincing !!! She felt lonely and covered herself by leaves. 😔

15 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

A superior office had to tell them to widen the search area? Are all low ranking police incompetent in Thailand?

Now they are considering a covered body as a possible suicide. Guess that question I just asked has been answered.

I personally think it was the mushroom picker. There was another news report earlier about a mushroom picker finding another body. Do we have a serial mushroom picker murderer, or a copycat? Police must look at this as another possible theory.

Could be, forensics would be able to tell if there has been any sexual contact or cause of death, I think you do not kill your self and cover your own body 

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

To me it reads very strange that they are mentioning suicide. They clearly state that they found the body covered by several palm fronds. She can´t cover herself, right?

Why not ?

On 6/10/2020 at 1:36 PM, ChipButty said:

The case baffles Thai police?

Im saying nothing 

I'm with you

On 6/9/2020 at 11:48 PM, Matzzon said:

Yeah, I guess you just feel the need to talk against common sense. Just think about some clear facts. How many times do you hear or read about suicide cases where they found that the dead person covered up themself? Not saying it is impossible. Just that it´s strange. 

Maybe it was a little cold that night...

On 6/11/2020 at 6:28 AM, cracker1 said:

Why not ?

Try it yourself. Go into the jungle wearing loose shorts and T-shirt, lay on the ground in a ditch and cover yourself with palm fronds. It will take about ten seconds before you leap back up and start shaking and brushing yourself like a madman. Old palm fronts are a mecca for ants of all variety and the jungle floor is just as bad. 

Now had she been found exposed on the largest rock around, giving some measure of comfort and protection against biting insects, I would consider suicide as a possibility. This should all be basic stuff to the RTP highly trained detectives.