"US teacher" and his Thai family left my condo in a filthy mess, says landlady

webfact

"US teacher" and his Thai family left my condo in a filthy mess, says landlady

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A Thai landlady went on Facebook - and to the Chiang Mai police - after a US man and his Thai wife left her condo in a stinking mess. 

Nearly all the furniture and electrical appliances were damaged, there was rotting food in the fridge and no attempt had been made to clean up at all.

In addition there were thousands of baht in unpaid electricity bills. 

Now the couple and their children have left and blocked the landlady on phone numbers and closed down Facebook pages. 

Sanook interviewed Ariya, 40, after her post under the name of Lee Chuansrikun. She said as far as she knew the US man was a teacher at international school or language teacher. The wife was Thai and they had two children. 

She said she bought the 60 square meter unit in the downtown Patan area in 2016 and in November of that year after renovations she rented to the couple at 8,000 baht a month with just an 8,000 baht deposit. The rent was later raised to 8,500 baht. 

They never paid on time but she put up with it. 

Then her suspicions were alerted when last month they DID pay on time and she contacted staff at the condominium who said that 2 or 3 days prior the family had left. 

She then went to the unit and found it in the terrible state shown in her pictures. On the table were electric bills that alone were almost as much as the 8,000 baht bond the couple had left.

She went to report the matter to the police. 

She said that the couple can still talk to her, if not she will press on with a case against them. 

She said that she had only seen such stories in the news before; she didn't think it would happen to her. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-10

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

How can any human beings bring up children in a squalor like that, never mind living in it themselves ?

Not surprising, look at the garbage and filth everywhere in the country.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I checked the photos on Facebook - extremely bad. But I hope the landlord has learned a lesson. If not it could happen again. In some European countries you can't even get such people out of your condo without going to the court because laws protect them and not the landlord. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I had a similar story with a property I rent in the UK, dog mess everywhere, radiators pulled off walls etc. Cost me about 7000 pounds to fix. I sued him but he had no money.

Not sure why this is news to be honest. Other than the fact it's Good Thai landlady and Bad Dirty Farang tenant. I'm sure there are plenty of Thais living in similar messes up and down the country but that doesn't give the locals a chance to sneer.

Yep! Congratulations. Now you got a chance to bring in that Thais do the same into the discussion. Happy?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

I dont know anyone can live in a disgusting mess like that .

You'd  be surprised if  you were a  landlord. 15  years Wife's been one and there have been some real PIGS. Move in immaculate  ,  move out <deleted>hole then moan like hell about the deposit being kept, you don't clean this  up in a few hours for a thousand baht, often the case total repaint and way more.

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yep! Congratulations. Now you got a chance to bring in that Thais do the same into the discussion. Happy?

Half of the tenants were Thais and the kid half  Thai I guess,in general Ive found  many Thais not up to par, good  tenants are maybe 2-10.