Department offers Thai workers chance to go overseas

webfact

The government is finally waking up to the explosion of jobless ! Dark days are coming for the out of work with no help from their government ! 
So not surprising that the labour dépt will do everything they can to make it easy for these poor souls to find work abroad. 

• Like 1

This isn't new.  This is something that happens all the time.

Unfortunately all of Asia is suffering from the worldwide recession and I can assure you these jobs aren't there now.  Furthermore, places like Japan and China aren't accepting these workers anyways.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geisha said:

The government is finally waking up to the explosion of jobless ! Dark days are coming for the out of work with no help from their government ! 
So not surprising that the labour dépt will do everything they can to make it easy for these poor souls to find work abroad. 

They aren't going there jabbering in Thai, that's for sure.  They require language skills before they will even be considered.  And considering the amount of Thais that speak a second language, well... again, nothing new.  Kids who wanted to go learned Japanese, Mandarin long ago.  

If the unemployment rate locally as a result of the covid related shutdowns is truly 25%, then fill these vacant positions with Thai workers first. It's ridiculous that all the Thais are fleeing abroad and then a labor shortage arises, only to be filled with Burmese.

Some parts of Thailand are so heavily reliant on Burmese labor you can't even find a Thai worker if you wanted to. I hear they have started hiring Burmese as cashiers at 7-11 in places like Mae Sot due to the local labor shortage.

The frustration i have with that is that most of the lesser educated newly arrived Burmese don't speak Thai let alone English, so miming and use of gestures is the only way of telling them what to do and that gets old quick.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

"We expect to send 20,120 workers to Taiwan, 3,818 to Japan, 6,421 to South Korea, 2,488 to Malaysia, 2,934 to Singapore and 2,840 to Israel," he said.

I'm sure the little ghosts have their applications in already.... 

following the CCP line of exporting the garbage ????  

so if LOS is apparently clean... then why force them into the lands under the threat? - they have to come home 'sometime'

Don't you love the way Thais always come up with such exact figures

19 hours ago, webfact said:

We expect to send 20,120 workers to Taiwan, 3,818 to Japan, 6,421 to South Korea, 2,488 to Malaysia, 2,934 to Singapore and 2,840 to Israel

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Once the Covid-19 crisis has been resolved, the Department of Employment (DOE) aims to send more than 50,000 workers overseas by September.

Good! At last a government department has confirmed that Covid 19 will be history by the end of July. Let's party????

• Like 1

Discipline ???? so now Thailand is a country that will rely on remittances?  That is a serious warning at the state of despair that Thailand is in.

They need farm workers everywhere, but it seems, at least in Thailand, that Thais are above such menial jobs.

Most countries need jobs for their own people right now.

Must say one thing that surprised me recently is the number of Thai 'returnees' reported in the covid stats. I can understand many are students or wives of foreigners but had no idea that so many Thai had jobs abroad. What do they do?

Thousands back already and at least 2 or 3 weeks more of arriving flights.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Redline said:

Discipline ???? so now Thailand is a country that will rely on remittances?  That is a serious warning at the state of despair that Thailand is in.

They need farm workers everywhere, but it seems, at least in Thailand, that Thais are above such menial jobs.

Most countries need jobs for their own people right now.

Yet they do these menial jobs in other countries. Seems that many Thais are just lazy or not willing to work for 300 Baht a day.

9 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Must say one thing that surprised me recently is the number of Thai 'returnees' reported in the covid stats. I can understand many are students or wives of foreigners but had no idea that so many Thai had jobs abroad. What do they do?

Thousands back already and at least 2 or 3 weeks more of arriving flights.

Prostitutes, farm workers, massage shop and restaurant employees mainly. Mostly low skilled work.

• Thanks 1