Thailand soars ahead with 5G rollout in Southeast Asia

webfact

Thailand soars ahead with 5G rollout in Southeast Asia

By Joe Devanesan

++ With the pandemic interfering with 5G rollout plans in ASEAN, Thailand took the surprising lead with commercial 5G networks introduced before their neighbors

++ COVID-19 helped accelerate commercial 5G rollouts, kicking off with hospitals in major cities around Thailand

++ The top network operators are now introducing 5G in other commercial districts including shopping malls and the financial district

2020 was looking like the year 5G exploded across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, and Southeast Asia in particular.

Following the successful rollouts of 5G networks and infrastructure in several trend-leading APAC countries – 2019 saw large-scale infrastructure introductions in China with 57 5G-connected cities, South Korea with 85 cities, Australia with 40-plus cities and townships, while Japan introduced commercial 5G this year – most expected Southeast Asian players like Malaysia and Singapore to be next, with numerous 5G pilot projects and trials taking off across the area, in a varied range of sectors including manufacturing, mobility, smart city projects, and more.

Analysts had been predicting that APAC will lead the way in 5G networks and applications, and with 1.14 billion subscribers would account for up to 65% of global 5G subscriptions by 2024. Those estimates were dramatically set back earlier this year when the coronavirus pandemic set in, starting with the Asia Pacific region.

Full story: https://techwireasia.com/2020/06/thailand-soars-ahead-with-5g-rollout-in-southeast-asia/

-- TECHWIRE ASIA 2020 06-11

• Sad 1

Don’t have idea why this people wants 5G while in my village in North Chiang Mai with a big populations, with a simple rain drop they cut down light or water every days.. Make me restoring or repairing computers, aircons, freezer, phones wash machines, TV., lamps.. 

5G living like in a 3 world ? ????

Edited by Tarteso
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Don’t have idea why this people wants 5G while in my village in North Chiang Mai with a big populations, with a simple rain drop they cut down light or water every days.. Make me restoring or repairing computers, aircons, freezer, phones wash machines, TV., lamps.. 

5G living like in a 3 world ? ????

Exactly why we need 5g.  The telephone lines are unreliable, and this bypasses that requirement.

Next:  Cheap solar solution for everyone, bypass electric lines.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Me, when I'm five minutes into a movie, just getting to the good bit , after the pizza has been delivered and it starts to buffer

That is normally got to do with the traffic on the site and not your very capable download speed.

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

They finally might have beat Cambodia.  Cambodia had 4G running long before Thailand did.   Given how close cha cha is with China, no surprise that Thailand is first .

Thought that Thailand had 4G in 2013 and Cambodia in 2014.

Maybe I'm wrong, or......?

3 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

I don't really need it so I will buy another 4G phone later in the year.  I don't download movies,  only sometimes surf farcebook ETc,   get maybe 5 local calls a month.  Talk to the Billy Lids on Whatsapp....  I am guessing I could get by on an old 3G phone. ????

The target market for the 5G are mostly the youngsters, not the 50+ technology challenged.

32 minutes ago, Venom said:

Doesn’t matter what your opinion is you will be exposed to it regardless if you use it or not. Welcome to the new normal.

TechEvolution.jpg.47b8dde168435db874f701a2bd4bcf3e.jpg

To be honest, I am still undecided on the long term health effects of EMF Smog, and I feel that there is not enough information yet to know for sure. But you are correct that we do not get a choice as to whether or not we want to be involved in the experiment.

• Haha 2

I need 5G because my oven does not work well so when I need to cook a roast I will just set it next to a 5G router and with-in a few hours the roast will be cooked.....

Edited by redwood1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, seajae said:

once again Thailand is bowing to the chinese masters and getting the china brand 5g rushed through, imagine huawei will be giving "gifts" to those in charge for doing what they were told

5g is not any kind of brand its a level of technology. Subsequent to 4g and 3g.

There's a clue there for the observant.

let's see what 5G does when active on the thai people who are addicted

2x the radiation of microwave ovens next to your BRAIN

well, if you ain't have one, it will not do much damage

EMF radiation is like vaccine's.... everybody that have $$$ interests say it is safe

a bit like the smoke industry that had proof it caused cancer, but paid enough & pretended they did not know for 30 years after science said it was bad, but until that: your MD smoked CAMEL...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Traubert said:

5g is not any kind of brand its a level of technology. Subsequent to 4g and 3g.

There's a clue there for the observant.

actually ... it is not 5G

it is 2x 2.4 G , so it works at  4.8 GIGAHERTZ... but hey, that does not sound as sexy as 5G

look up some experts that say that the increase of amplitude is more dangerous