Koh Samui: Ukrainian husband believes his wife took her own life

webfact

Koh Samui: Ukrainian husband believes his wife took her own life

Olha-Frolova.jpg

Olha Frolova

The husband of the Ukrainian woman found dead in the woods on Koh Samui at the weekend has broken his silence.

Dimas Frolov went on Facebook to comment after his wife Olha, 31, was found by a man foraging for mushrooms in Maret district. 

A post in Ukrainian seemed to suggest that he believed that she took her own life. He confirmed to a Thaivisa reporter after his post that that was his belief.

Earlier in the week a senior commander of the Surat Thani police also suggested that it may not have been murder as was initially presumed. 

The body was covered in palm fronds and had been there for about two weeks. No other people apart from the deceased were captured on CCTV in the area. Olha Frolova is believed to have died on or around May 25th after she left the couple's 10 year old son with Mr Frolov for four days and did not return.

Mr Frolov, a freelance photographer who has been on Samui for 5 years and was married to his wife for 12 years, had split up with his wife who went to live with a British fitness trainer. 

She was known to suffer bipolar disorder and was carrying medication and money when she died. 

Mr Frolov posted the following on Facebook on Tuesday (translated from Ukrainian and rewritten slightly to correct most grammatical errors):

"I didn't want to consider this option until the last. Although there were many reasons to suggest this. I really wished I was wrong. But when you have got her bag and things, there's almost no doubt left. Tattoos were no longer distinguishable on the body and the face was unrecognizable. She stayed there for a long time. But things, clothes and other details testified that it was her.

"Answering police questions at the station, I finally saw their interest in figuring out what happened. Not like when I came in with a missing person statement. In over a week of her search, the most the police did was check her name on databases.

"The investigation into the cause of death has just started, but knowing her behavior for the last few years, the medical diagnosis and signs she posted when she left... She got together. Said goodbye. And left. About the reasons I will think for the rest of my life".

He also said that his wife had been working on an art book.

Finally he said:

"I have a son left - he is my life now".

Surat Thani police were reported as saying yesterday that the cause of death would be available in four or five days as an autopsy was proceeding at the Police Hospital.

Five people have been interviewed in connection with the case. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-11

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

It is often the case when someone commits suicide that they lay down in a secluded area and cover themselves with palm fronds.
Awaiting the autopsy with baited breath.

It might be a first :not the secluded area, but the covering yourself with palm fronds after overdosing, before losing consciousness. 

LOS is known for 'firsts', only in Thailand, Thailand no 1,.. 

I find it hard how someone would just lay down cover themselves with palms and wait to die I only have to sit on grass for a minute or two and I’ve got ants biting the hell out of me so much so I have to stand up. 
I hope the autopsy will come to a satisfactory conclusion as to what really happened to this poor woman. RIP ????????????????????

Edited by crazykopite

9 hours ago, anterian said:

Bi-polar sufferers often go through suicidal phases and ironically standard medication can intensify the suicidal urge. 

Yes, they do. and otherwise they are perfectly normal and cover themself with palm fronds. No problem.

Sad. If it was murder I hope they find the evidence to convict or a confession. It's possible she died and the palm frond fell on her especially if she was in the jungle. Very depressed people do such things when they compete suicide, like arranging things just so, covering themselves for comfort, laying out plastic sheets to lay on etc.  Very sad if she took her own life.

Yeah of course, after she killed herself she covered her body with palm fronds by herself, good Job policemen.

Some of us know how you become a competently policeman at a small island in Thailand. Just need to know someone is a policemen in ur family and u dont need any traning. Good investigations.

Edited by FarangJon

16 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

When you are a primary suspect, I think your opinion matters less....it’s called self preservation...

If I was a primary suspect I don't think I would voice the Bib"s initial lack of interest to loudly... that might induce an adverse affect!

22 hours ago, anterian said:

Bi-polar sufferers often go through suicidal phases and ironically standard medication can intensify the suicidal urge. 

More correctly ‘improperLy managed withdrawal from SSRI type of medications’ can cause suicidal ideology. 

Serotonin selective reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) can be very dangerous if not managed properly and regularly. Particularly when going off them.

It's amazing how many posters here are unhappy with a suicide theory (and that's all it is right now, a theory, no conclusions have been made) and seem to want her to have been murdered.  And, even if the postmortem does indicate suicide, regardless of evidence, they'll still want to denegrate and ridicule the RTP, wait and see.