Sarasas Witaed Chiang Mai School

1arry1iu

Nice work. I don't know much about this school but can certainly identify with the way you do the research and get into the details. In my experience, it is really hard for parents who meticulously scrutinize a school to be really satisfied (myself included). Sometimes I think, the more I know the worse it seems. Let's face it, both the bilinguals and the lower tier Internationals here are not exactly world class education. Hiring and retaining good foreign personnel is always a challenge. Even management is sometimes here only for a few years.

My point here is: do all the research you want, but remember to manage your expectations.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beau thai said:

can you explain what you mean by Less Cost Effective with respect to standards,  against International programme please?

Following this. Semantic interpretation seems to suggest that:

1) The function cost(standard) returns higher values for Sarasas than Lanna; and

2) Lanna upholds standards, whereas Sarasas does not.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1167443-sarasas-witaed-school/?tab=comments#comment-15506949

A friend's daughter went there. I would suggest you consider Lanna International School if you can afford it. It seems to be the most cost effective school with high standards. I sent my kids there and I'm not British.

I think I read that Lanna has recently been bought by chinese. If so I hope standards will be maintained. Not 'cheaper' teachers and larger classes to help the Ro!.

I may be wrong but Sarasas told me that the International stream has 100% english speaking teachers, and smaller class sizes, so inevitably it costs more. Hard to judge the output value of course-until it is too late. As with any school here.

19 hours ago, beau thai said:

I think I read that Lanna has recently been bought by chinese. If so I hope standards will be maintained. Not 'cheaper' teachers and larger classes to help the Ro!.

I may be wrong but Sarasas told me that the International stream has 100% english speaking teachers, and smaller class sizes, so inevitably it costs more. Hard to judge the output value of course-until it is too late. As with any school here.

McDonaldization is the Chinese practice. There are exceptions, but I would caution most schools controlled by the Chinese.

Based on comments on Google Map, Sarasas has a reputation for underpaying teachers, perhaps, of the Thai and Bilingual programs. Their International Program seems to be much cheaper than many similar programs in town. I do not know if they are connected.

my child went to Sarasas, first bilingual, than international program (double of cost)

teachers are filipine

the director (female) was an open narcissist, former teacher from bilingual and the power got to her head

screamed & shouted to children, till they cried, than she was happy

tried to contact the MANAGERS of the whole school, in THAI LANGUAGE, nobody gave a <deleted>

finally left that overpriced dumb

reviews on internet are BAD !!!!! from ex teachers, parents & students

just my 50 satang opinion

A bit off topic - The Education Ministry recently published directives stating schools with over 20-25 students in a class may learn in alternating days, do a combination of classroom / online learning, or some version of a similarly impractical system. I don't know if those rules will actually be applied but I think that in general, at this period of covid-19 related restrictions, schools that already maintain small class sizes as their normal practice are better placed to handle the "new normal" routines.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1928892/schools-gear-up-to-reopen-nationally

4 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

my child went to Sarasas, first bilingual, than international program (double of cost)

teachers are filipine

the director (female) was an open narcissist, former teacher from bilingual and the power got to her head

screamed & shouted to children, till they cried, than she was happy

tried to contact the MANAGERS of the whole school, in THAI LANGUAGE, nobody gave a <deleted>

finally left that overpriced dumb

reviews on internet are BAD !!!!! from ex teachers, parents & students

just my 50 satang opinion

interesting, unpleasant experience. how long ago was this?

• 2 weeks later...