THAI to resume international flights on August 1

webfact

THAI to resume international flights on August 1

000_1QD6A2.jpg

Grounded Thai Airways aircraft sit on the tarmac at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok on April 3, 2020, as air travel in Thailand grinds to a near halt to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 novel coronavirus. (Photo by Vivek PRAKASH / AFP)

Thai Airways International will resume international flights on 37 routes starting August 1st, one month later than originally planned.

The national flag carrier plans resumption of services on 26 routes, including to and from Paris, New Delhi, Guangzhou and Frankfurt.

On August 2nd, services will resume on the Beijing, Brisbane and Brussels routes, followed by those to Auckland and Jakarta the following day. The timing of resumption of flights to Milan, Rome, Moscow, Vienna, Stockholm, Sapporo, Fukuoka, Sendai, Kathmandu, Oslo and Colombo are yet to be announced.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-to-resume-international-flights-on-august-1/

thaipbs.jpg

Strange. Cant really see them filling flights to or from Brisbane or Auckland any time this year. It would have to be just for repatriation as its unlikely either countries borders will be opening up this year other than between each other.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Strange. Cant really see them filling flights to or from Brisbane or Auckland any time this year. It would have to be just for repatriation as its unlikely either countries borders will be opening up this year other than between each other.

I have a friend waiting to come home to his family hopefully he can get on that first flight from Brisbane

10 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I have a friend waiting to come home to his family hopefully he can get on that first flight from Brisbane

I wish him luck

Just watched Acurrent affair

A Kiwi man couldn't get to NZ so missed his dying brother & funeral

Tried everything with no replies

In the end went to local MP 

Finally got permission but to late

Both countries fault

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

Australians can leave the country, either with an exemption or without if you meet the criteria. Of course getting in to a S.E. Asian country at the moment will be a much more significant challenge for non nationals.

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia

And even more challenging if the flight goes through a hub, meaning passengers would need to transfer to another flight number (same airline) at the hub. E.g. Malaysia, right now foreigners are totally forbidden to enter Malaysia no matter what.  

14 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Me too.I also want to get back from Brisbane but sadly they're not letting any flights in or out ATM that I know of.

21 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Currently "no". The article clearly states Oslo (and Colombo) yet to be announced.

I know that but Oslo is currently under consideration in the list below so that’s why I asked. Ok if I flew into one of the countries Thai were flying to BKK would I ba allowed into Thailand ?

Edited by Jumbo1968
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I know that but Oslo is currently under consideration in the list below so that’s why I asked. Ok if I flew into one of the countries Thai were flying to BKK would I ba allowed into Thailand ?

Ask the embassy.

24 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Very sorry, I do not know as I live in Cambodia. 

Do you really think they will be flying Aug 1. 

Either they are counting on the 50 billion baht from the government or it's very wishful thinking on those at the top. 

How long will 50 billion last

Will many airports let them land without cash

What about the leasers payments 

What about outstanding debts to creditors

What about fuel, will they pay in cash

What about maintenance of the aircraft

What about income from passenger numbers from Aug 1 , I doubt their planes will be 50% full and are they going to ensure social distancing on seats, if so this will make the numbers even worse,  if so, how much will they be charging for a ticket ? 2x ..4x ... the normal price ?

I think this is just being played out as usual and it'll end up in the courts with the TG being cut up.  imo 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

What about income from passenger numbers from Aug 1 , I doubt their planes will be 50% full and are they going to ensure social distancing on seats, if so this will make the numbers even worse,  if so, how much will they be charging for a ticket ? 2x ..4x ... the normal price ?

There will probably be close to zero income from the passengers flying, because most will be persons that have been re-booked on flights that were cancelled (since 1st March).

I still have a little hope that I can fly to Copenhagen on the 1st of August, but that hope is tiny.

• Like 1

Perhaps this is an indication that more quarantine rooms will be available by end July, still up to if foreigners stuck outside Thailand can get certificate of entry though.

Edited by MikeyIdea

THAI Airways International opens new schedule, set to begin on 1 August 2020.

Start from 1 August 2020:
???????? Bangkok-London: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Paris: 3 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Copenhagen: 1 flight/week
???????? Bangkok-New Delhi: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Denpasar: 3 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Thagar: 5 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Frankfurt: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Guangzhou: 2 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Hanoi: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Hong Kong: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Islamabad: 5 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Karachi: 4 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Lahore: 4 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Melbourne: 5 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Islamabad: 5 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Nagoya: 3 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Osaka: 3 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Phnom Penh: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Seoul: 6 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Sydney: 5 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Taipei: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Tokyo (Haneda): 4 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Tokyo (Narita): 4 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Vientiane: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Yangon: 1 flight/day

Start from 2 August 2020:
???????? Bangkok-Beijing: 2 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Brisbane: 2 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Brussel: 3 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur: 5 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Manila: 4 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Perth: 3 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Shanghai: 2 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Singapore: 4 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Zurich: 4 flights/week

Start from 3 August 2020:
???????? Bangkok-Oakland: 3 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Jakarta: 3 flights/week

Remark:
???????? THAI Airways International suspends flights to Milan, Rome, Moscow, Vienna, Stockholm, Sapporo, Fukuoka, Sendai, Kathmandu, Oslo, and Colombo.

Source: 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Haha 1

Got an email from the bankruptcy administrator of THAI yesterday, presumably many others got it too, the email say that they have applied for bankruptcy protection and if i, as a creditor, wish to petitioned the court of bankruptcy and claim to recover monies owed i have 3 weeks to do so, in another words, THAI have no intentions of paying me back a refund they owe me for a canceled flight back in Marc... Way to go THAI cheating your customers... 

On 6/11/2020 at 10:04 AM, Swimfan said:

They won't be operating any reasonable amount of flights until unrestricted entry to Thailand is available. No chance of selling enough seats to generate sufficient revenue as very few people will jump through hoops to get Covid tests and entry certficates from embassies. Impossible to get the $100,000 insurance policy too in most countries. How about 14 days quarantine too? Watch this space; Thai (and most other carriers) will not be flying regular services to LOS until restrictions are eased totally. It won't make economic sense. Does anyone beleive that entry restrictions will be lifted by 1st August? I'm actually re-booked for 1st August to go from BKK to LHR but there's not a chance in hell that they'll run the flight IMO. Oh and if you are thinking of booking then leave it to last minute to buy as they won't be giving refunds if flights are cancelled. I see this as a ruse to get revenue before extending resumption of operations.

Edited by soi3eddie

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

Do you really think they will be flying Aug 1. 

No chance of 1st August due to Thailand entry restrictions - Not enough revenue to cover costs

THAI's planes on certain schedules LHR/BKK/LHR are often only 35% full anyway. 50% would be a dream for them. I have been on the A380 when only 200 passengers on board. Many, many times on TG916 virtually all passengers in economy get 3 seats each - and that was pre-Covid! This is just one reason why I have always (where possible) flown THAI over the last 5 years. They cannot raise ticket prices as they will simply not sell any seats. THAI are usually more expensive than British Airways and EVA on the same route (economy). 

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Got an email from the bankruptcy administrator of THAI yesterday, presumably many others got it too, the email say that they have applied for bankruptcy protection and if i, as a creditor, wish to petitioned the court of bankruptcy and claim to recover monies owed i have 3 weeks to do so, in another words, THAI have no intentions of paying me back a refund they owe me for a canceled flight back in Marc... Way to go THAI cheating your customers... 

I got same email. Didn't THAI re-book you for another date? They have re-booked my flight 4 times already. I don't want a refund just to fly at a future date. If all else fails, your credit card company should refund you as a chargeback for services paid for and not supplied.

33 minutes ago, ezzra said:

yes .... sorry you lost your money.  As I mentioned before, they are just playing this out. I doubt they will even fly as TG again, let alone AUG 1.  They can't operate with no cash, and even if the government loans them 50 billion baht, how long will that last .... 1 or two months after paying some debt.