How much longer before farang have to give up their seats on buses for Thais? What point would you leave?

5 minutes ago, Sujo said:

How, the borders are closed to farangs, only thais allowed in. So its more likely a thai would have the virus.

its racism pure and simple.

There are foreigners coming in, have been for a couple of weeks. All with work permits and doing 14 day quarantine at hotels.

23 minutes ago, Sujo said:

How, the borders are closed to farangs, only thais allowed in. So its more likely a thai would have the virus.

Most (all?) countries are allowing their citizens to return.  

My mama says simple is as simple says. Purely. 

Edited by amexpat
countries

Cry me a river..... Its 1 bus company out of who knows how may in Thailand that you cant ride on their bus as plenty other bus companies that will take a farangs money. Same goes with praying to Budha with Thais as plenty of other places where you can be one with Budha and ride a bus to get you there.

Edited by nightfox
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

And, in the unlikely event that these foreigners want to travel on a "The Transport Co." bus (a state enterprise), they will be refused a seat.

Thais returning from the same countries, and having to undergo the same quarantine, will be permitted to travel on "The Transport Co." buses.

Thais who have not left the country during this covid pandemic can travel on these buses. Foreigners who have not left the country will be refused a seat.

Okay, it's a rather petty issue which doesn't affect many of us "dirty foreigners", but it can't be denied that this is discrimination (by a state enterprise) solely on the basis of nationality.

Calm down tiger, I agree with you.

I was simply making the point that eligible foreigners have been allowed back into Thailand in recent weeks based on personal knowledge of a couple who have. 

58 minutes ago, Sujo said:

You mean like NZ and Australia? Foreigners blocked There are many many others. 

Edited by madmen
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, samran said:

Calm down tiger, I agree with you.

I was simply making the point that eligible foreigners have been allowed back into Thailand in recent weeks based on personal knowledge of a couple who have. 

No disagreement. I was just using your post to indicate that foreigners permitted to enter Thailand are treated differently to Thais.

Sorry if it came across as something else.

• Like 2

OP: Maybe you need to head to the US and join the riots. Since the "policies" that you highlight did not exist before the pandemic, one can safely assume they are in response to it. Intelligent, or not, you can debate. But racist it is not.

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Any one who thinks the Thais only signs are not racist........Then there is no way you can say these signs are racist either...

Whites only, blacks only restrooms (With images) | High school ...

Trump's America: Hardware Store to Hold “Whites Only” Sale – The ...

The difference being that Black Americans were citizens of the country segregating them. We have the choice to go home.

Edited by timendres
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

Friendly enough in Jomtien..they take 1,900 and stamp me for a year and smile...

Not talking about the smiles...the volume of redundant paperwork could be reduced and still have everything they need.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And considering the extent to which Europe and the US blew the response to Covid, it is likely we will be seen as "a bit radioactive" for the next year or so. So what? Kind of fun playing Zombie farang!

And china didn't????? Do you think the chinese will be banned from the buses?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1