How much longer before farang have to give up their seats on buses for Thais? What point would you leave?

9 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

That is the same the World over .

Wherever you are from, I do expect the same thing happens 

Not exactly the same tho'. Ok, for ticket prices to tourist sites, sure, not something I agree with but the mildest of annoyance, they do this in other countries as well, but usually if you have local ID, they don't charge you tourist price, in Thailand as well. Fair enough.

Hotels and planes anywhere don't discriminate prices, so that model can work.

I had a Three island tour in Krabi last time, where they had a food stall in 1 island and they charge double price for farangs, the thing is, any Thai people who took that boat tour which wasn't cheap, are well of Thais and they can certainly pay higher price. While at the same time, not all foreigners and other Asians and white people are rich.. some of the are broke af.

What about the taxi trips, food prices and even Thai massages, and well outside touristy areas. They take matters in their own hands and charge higher price because you look different?

Imagine if you are say a white man/ woman who are a Thai national and hold Thai ID - there are a handful of them. So your whole life in Thailand you're gonna be looked at as a tourist who should price higher prices. That is not nice.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Why Me said:

Insightful. I am not white or black or of obvious ethnicity and while I enjoyed (and profited from) my years in the US, I often felt my otherness, especially in smaller cities. True it might have been just in my head on occasion but other times it was hard to mistake the change in behavior.

I don't say that I was treated badly. Au contraire most of the time it was with utmost courtesy and professionalism. But I knew I would never be "one of them". Not that I craved to be but it made the decision to pull up stakes and leave for Thailand as soon as the opportunity arose an easy one.

In America these days, who wants to be one of them? I am American. And I sure don't want to be one of them!

On 6/11/2020 at 3:13 AM, CorpusChristie said:

I do feel that you are over reacting somewhat .

These are just emergency measures during the pandemic , its nothing to do with racial discrimination for that purpose , they are taking measures because of Covid  

Oh Brother ????

You bend over & spell run while you said that? Is covid race specific in Thailand?

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, meechai said:

Oh Brother ????

You bend over & spell run while you said that? Is covid race specific in Thailand?

No, but they want to reduce the number of people going to the Temple for social distancing and Thais go to the Tempe to pray and foreigners just go there to have a look around and take photos

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, but they want to reduce the number of people going to the Temple for social distancing and Thais go to the Tempe to pray and foreigners just go there to have a look around and take photos

555 In your world are all Catholics Italians?

Imagine what would happen in any country in the world if that country said....

"sorry churches closed to all but xx race"

Has nothing to do with covid as covid is an equal opportunity virus

Edited by meechai
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/12/2020 at 11:50 AM, DE Land said:

Not exactly the same tho'. Ok, for ticket prices to tourist sites, sure, not something I agree with but the mildest of annoyance, they do this in other countries as well, but usually if you have local ID, they don't charge you tourist price, in Thailand as well. Fair enough.

Hotels and planes anywhere don't discriminate prices, so that model can work.

I had a Three island tour in Krabi last time, where they had a food stall in 1 island and they charge double price for farangs, the thing is, any Thai people who took that boat tour which wasn't cheap, are well of Thais and they can certainly pay higher price. While at the same time, not all foreigners and other Asians and white people are rich.. some of the are broke af.

What about the taxi trips, food prices and even Thai massages, and well outside touristy areas. They take matters in their own hands and charge higher price because you look different?

Imagine if you are say a white man/ woman who are a Thai national and hold Thai ID - there are a handful of them. So your whole life in Thailand you're gonna be looked at as a tourist who should price higher prices. That is not nice.

Tourist the world over are charged more. Get off your high horse.

• 1 month later...

Nothing to fret about. It's way worse in the US and UK.

Racism is also worse in China, Korea, and Japan.

No big organized Make Thailand Great Again movement has ever sprung up here, nor have there been calls to build a wall with Myanmar and to make the Burmese pay for it.

Take it easy guys.

On 6/12/2020 at 1:13 AM, poohy said:

I came here 21 years ago met a wise dutch guy who spoke and read and wrote Thai ..i was in awe

His lasting words to me

Their ignorance is only matched by their stupidity  

I learnt he was not wrong!

And now the wise Dutch government are having to hide ever increasing numbers of serious crimes such as rape and murder that are being committed by 3rd world migrants in the hope that their stupidity is not matched by their ignorance. 

Edited by Heppinger
  • Haha 1

On 6/11/2020 at 9:43 PM, Sujo said:

How, the borders are closed to farangs, only thais allowed in. So its more likely a thai would have the virus.

its racism pure and simple.

i still wish my country would make a complete copy of this policy and implement it forcefully

White people no longer allowed to pray to Buddha with Thais!!!!!

I posted the photo of the sign at Wat Pho that said “Only Thai People” on my Facebook page. I just noticed that it has now been seen by 165,432 people from arou

From Richard Barrow.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/06/11/bus-operator-confirms-ban-on-foreign-travelers-in-pandemic/

White people no longer allowed to travel on buses with Thais.

If you think its for tourists only I suggest you rock up and explain you live here and see how far you get.

How much more do you have to be discriminated against before you would say enough is enough and leave?

Surely the question is Why are you still here doing your worst to upset annoy the contented Frang who has no real problems with our Thai hosts ?

john