Immigration Photocopies Ripoff

12 hours ago, darrendsd said:

You heard it or it happened to you? Which one

As another poster said copy your documents elsewhere if you are not happy

If you are really "shocked" then make a formal complaint to the Immigration Office that is charging that amount - Do let us know how you get on won't you?

You can refuse to pay....right..

• Like 1

20 bath where i do my extensions.......because new officers new rules, new rules different io opinions, some are very helpful and usually the bill doesn't exceed more then 100 bath, 

• Sad 3

On 6/12/2020 at 12:20 AM, Neeranam said:

They were made take away their tip box the last time someone complained, with hundreds of Facebookers commenting about the injustice. Not all like to bend over and take it up the you know what.

Is it the actual immigration office providing this service and actual immigration staff making the copies and taking the money?

Or is it an independent person with a small independent shop on the immigration location with the shop operator taking the money? 

10 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Is there a advisory list around that can inform someone, going to immigration, as to what has to be photocopied beforehand?  

That depends upon what extension you are applying for and the office you do it at.

• Like 2

How many copies did you have to make for it to amount to enough money to be worth complaining about? I usually make a couple of copies of my bank book after updating it. 15 baht? so what!

Edited by Martyp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Immigration are there to process your application, not prepare it.

The only thing worse than waiting in a queue, is being stuck behind an inconsiderate a-hole jamming the system up because he expects an IO to sort out and copy his documents.

Totallyyyyyyyyyyyy Agreed.

• Like 1

I have a Swedish friend whom I ‘correspond’ with on Line and 90% of the content he sends me would make even the most broad minded of us wince.

My wife was at UK immigration in Bangkok and was missing some documents. She phoned me and asked me to get copies of the documents and bring them up to her. There is a copy / translate / visa company down in the lobby and I went in there to make copies of the documents I had on my phone.

The problem was I didn’t know how to down load them from my phone and the helpful office girl asked if I had Line which I confirmed.

So I handed her my phone and she logged into my Line page….and guess what pictures came up first for her on my phone?

Definitely a rip off there at 10 baht a copy, no argument, I paid and made a quick exit.

Was at CW on Thursday to renew EoS based on retirement.

Arrived 10am went to Kbank and got statement and letter and update passbook,             cost 300baht

went to photocopy shop and got copy of last page of updated bankbook                         cost 2 baht        (all other pages done at home)

got new 1year Extension  (all relevent paperwork copied at home)                                   cost 1900baht

went to copy shop and got copy of passport page with new Extension                             cost 2baht

got new ME re-entry permit                                                                                         cost 3800 baht

total expeniture of 6004 bht. of which 4 baht was for photocopies or 0.07%,

hardly a game changer is it

Incidentally i was finished and on my way home before midday so less then 2hours . Now is the the time to renew if yours is going to expire soon 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Jomtien charge 3 baht, just outside 5+ baht, Thepprasit 0.5\1 baht

Good info.

I usually use the place just outside.

Last visit  I thought I would save time and get a copy from the juristic office in my condo block.

I emailed her the doc and she said cost is 50 baht! I reluctantly said OK. She gave me the doc and said it was 2 pages so she asked for 100 baht....whhhaaaatttttt.

• Sad 1

Frankly, it's really disgusting.
It's more than the price of a train.
Not sympathetic on his part

My landlord never wants me to pay her, however, I already had a few thick files. But I always leave or offer him something.
Otherwise, at the copy store, it's 2 bht per sheet.