Foreign medical tourists to be given entry priority

webfact

I don't see the sense behind this idea of staggered arrivals as if Thailand some sort of a posh club with "preferred" tourist, this will only add more headaches to those who need to obtain special permits to come and for the authorities here to verify them, if you let people come let the all come, not pick and choose...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smedly said:

they can't wait to get the Chinese tour groups back on the buses and shuttle them around like sheep bleeding them dry because they don't know any better

No, TVF Economics has always held, with perfect consistency, that Chinese spend no money in Thailand and in fact have no money. Not sure how you've missed these Pronouncements, which are issued regularly when Chinese tourists are observed.

Must be some other reason.

Im gonna open up a online business selling doctors note for anyone seeking "medical" notes to enter LOS

Please allow "Somchai" into Thailand, he needs to have his frank reattached to his beans--

Signed Somchais' Mom....Kop Khun Krup  Enclosed is brown envelope with 200 bt

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

No, TVF Economics has always held, with perfect consistency, that Chinese spend no money in Thailand and in fact have no money. Not sure how you've missed these Pronouncements, which are issued regularly when Chinese tourists are observed.

Must be some other reason.

They pay up front for a package group holiday - they have no idea what freedom is and what a holiday is supposed to look like - they are taken to predetermined overpriced shops and other attractions and have no idea that 200m away the stuff they are being offered is a fraction the price - they simply don't know any better as they are herded around - they have no concept of going online booking a flight and a hotel on their own like we do and have done for decades, we are seasoned travellers - they are literally being taken for a ride 

Expats and semi-expats who have to work abroad bring money to Thailand every month for years. Most love this country and miss their spouses and families.

It's sad to see that a hospital appointment is more important to the Thai government.

• Like 1

I'm just wondering if the private hospitals are starting to feel the crunch?  Sure medical tourism brings in some patients but whenever I went to see my Doctor at Bangkok Pattaya the hospital is mostly filled with Western Expats / foreigners and many have thier Thai spouse and family with them.  

Medical tourism alone is not going to support all the private hospitals in Thailand.  Another related situation; what about the private schools?  Who is going to be supporting them?  If the Western Expats leave and take thier families with them, who's going to be paying the tuition and attending those schools?

• Like 1

I am in a retirement visa. Stranded in Australia.  I was planning a medical procedure in hospital in Thailand this year anyway before all this COVID happened.  Wondering if I could get in to get the hospital treatment done (day surgery) and then stay based on my retirement visa so I can go back to my home there? Would I be quarantined to a hotel room first after the treatment for 14 days or before?  Or not at all? 

Edited by aussienam