BANGKOK
webfact

Biden says military would help oust Trump if he loses election but refuses to leave

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

As stated previously, I was responding to a post that mentioned "election fraud". But here, you wanted voter fraud, here it is. And it's in conjunction with vote by mail.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/elliebufkin/2020/06/30/four-men-charged-with-voter-fraud-in-new-jersey-n2571445

This was a rinky dink municipal election and the fraud was detected. And it's still got nothing to do with the necessity of having an official Picture ID for in-person voting.

Edited by johnpetersen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Nice try with a move of the goal post. Rejected. States already have IDs. Even black people are able to get them. Contrary to what the party of the KKK, slavery and Jim Crow thinks, black people are equal and smart enough to get ID cards.

Really?  Which states have mandatory state ID's?

6 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Ah, another one who thinks poor (mostly black) people are too dumb to get an ID.

No, but it clearly seems you think so.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Really?  Which states have mandatory state ID's?

Please read the post again. You seem to have misunderstood what I posted. You may need to also read the post I replied in order to spot your error.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

No, but it clearly seems you think so.

No, you're wrong. Unlike the Democrat party, with its long history of racism, I think black people are equal and just as competent as any other race.

1 hour ago, Crazy Alex said:

No, you're wrong. Unlike the Democrat party, with its long history of racism, I think black people are equal and just as competent as any other race.

"Unlike the Democrat party..."  Explain what policies from the last fifty years the Democrat Party has had that are racist.

6 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Nice try with a move of the goal post. Rejected. States already have IDs. Even black people are able to get them. Contrary to what the party of the KKK, slavery and Jim Crow thinks, black people are equal and smart enough to get ID cards.

Please read the post again. You seem to have misunderstood what I posted. You may need to also read the post I replied in order to spot your error.

I provided your post I replied to.  Now allow me to explain your error:  States issue drivers licenses that are frequently accepted as IDs.  However these are not the same as state ID's, and certainly not the same as mandatory government issued IDs. 

In some states a drivers license is not acceptable as a voter ID unless proof of citizenship was presented at the time the license was issued, allowing a section of the license to indicate it is acceptable as a voter ID.  The required proof of citizenship is difficult for some people to obtain, effectively disenfranchising them.

As has been explained repeatedly, there is no evidence of voter fraud that justifies this disenfranchisement.  Yet you support it anyway.

Do you also support requiring people with residences in more than one state to prove they have registered to vote in only one state?  They could easily commit voter fraud, and I'm not aware of any mechanism in place to catch them.

40 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I provided your post I replied to.  Now allow me to explain your error:  States issue drivers licenses that are frequently accepted as IDs.  However these are not the same as state ID's, and certainly not the same as mandatory government issued IDs. 

In some states a drivers license is not acceptable as a voter ID unless proof of citizenship was presented at the time the license was issued, allowing a section of the license to indicate it is acceptable as a voter ID.  The required proof of citizenship is difficult for some people to obtain, effectively disenfranchising them.

As has been explained repeatedly, there is no evidence of voter fraud that justifies this disenfranchisement.  Yet you support it anyway.

Do you also support requiring people with residences in more than one state to prove they have registered to vote in only one state?  They could easily commit voter fraud, and I'm not aware of any mechanism in place to catch them.

I'm not sure why you think that rant about IDs is relevant. Very strange.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, samran said:

Everything is a trade off. 

Seems like you are happy with using ID to stamp out a small problem with the consequence of a much larger level of voting disenfranchisement - usually of poorer people. 

One does not mean the other except in some people's minds.

• Like 1

Argentina, Brazil, Canda, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, India, Israel, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and probably many other countries require ID to vote. For some reason, many people aren't concerned about voters in these countries being disenfranchised. Very strange.

You're correct, I don't care about voter requirements in other countries.  Just as you don't care that other countries have elections on public holidays and many make voting a legal requirement, resulting in much higher voter turn-out.

• Confused 1

Here you go. Oh and look, it's about your nominee Joe Biden. You may have heard of him. He said Barack Obama is the first black man to be bright, clean and articulate.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/joe-biden-didn-t-just-compromise-segregationists-he-fought-their-n1021626

You think compromising to get legislation passed is racist?  And people wonder why there's a divide in this country.

• Haha 1

I'm not sure why you think that rant about IDs is relevant. Very strange.

I see.  You can't defend your claim about state IDs so now you claim it is irrelevant.

What is that phrase you use?  Something like "I accept your surrender on the issue."?

• Confused 1