Biden says military would help oust Trump if he loses election but refuses to leave

webfact

This is the most pathetic nonsense that Biden has ever uttered, and that's really saying something.

He's assuming he's already won, and that if he won Trump would refuse to leave office, and that would lead to military intervention to remove him.

If Trump contested the win along the usual channels, which would not be a first, he has until mid-December (December 18 in 2000 election) at least to contest close contests if there's justification for it. It's done through the courts, but Biden somehow things he's so popular that he could incite a military coup.

He's really getting ahead of himself here. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

One wonders what planet America is on this past couple of weeks, now the head honcho for the Dems is truly in the twilight years , thinking the current President would cheat at the elections and stay firmly put in the While house, he'd never do a thing like that, would he.???????? 

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yeah, he sure would have been a better choice four years ago.

But, I will take a little bit of dementia over alot of insanity.

And I will take a mistake over a blatant lie.

And I will take honor over extreme cowardice.

And I will be thrilled to have the national parks back, the national forests and the Arctic Circle back from timber, oil or mining interests.

And I will take harmony, grace and dignity over hatred, division, nastiness, hatred of allies and love of dictators.

And I would prefer a tax plan that does not give away trillions to corporations that not only do not need the money, but are no friend to the common man, on any level. I could go on for days. 

How many people has Biden bankrupted in his lifetime? How many times did he dodge the draft? 

So basically I proved your point wrong (that Biden would do "great" in debates), and you immediately move on with a barrage of strawmen arguments, to the cheer of the handful fellow Thaivisa leftist peanut gallery.

For this I will give you a heart felt "thank you", as you're showing everyone on here what I mean, when I talk about delusional, hateful and irrational leftists, better than I and any words I could write, ever could.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FarangULong said:

And that's pretty much what happened (along with other parties colluding to start "counting" votes in some places, without the FPÖ party rep being there yet to verify the count. There was similar hysteria over  the possibility of a "far right" candidate being elected, as there was with Trump 2016 and even more so now in 2020, thanks to idiotic media, and people like you. There even briefly was a schism in the population, similar to the divide in your country. We get over things though, and we healed. Though I doubt the result would have been the same, if the lefties hadn't gotten their way...

So you basically acknowledge it CAN happen in the US, but "mail voting is safe". Ok.

I'll take your word for it that it happened that way in Austria.  However unless you have serious reading comprehension problems you understand that I was not acknowledging it can happen in the U.S. 

Mail-in voting fraud on a scale to swing a U.S. election could never be organized and executed without being discovered immediately.   That is why it has never happened in the U.S.  That is why it has never been attempted.  Prove me wrong.

Yes, mail-in voting is safe.  It is certainly safer than in-person voting during a pandemic.  And by making it safe for greater participation in the election it makes the election more democratic. 

BTW:  Only 112 posts, apparently not from the U.S., yet very keen on restrictions to voting in the upcoming U.S. election.  What kind of poster does that remind me of?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2020 at 7:19 AM, Kelsall said:

This is a failure of Biden's immediate family for not doing an intervention and putting him into a home.

Trump was having trouble at West Point graduation last weekend. Shakey delivery of a glass a water to mouth, plus a shambling, totter off stage right. He could be hitting the tape, how old is he?

His staffers need to find out how Biden manages. Get some tips from a professional geriatric.  :whistling:

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Masterton said:

As a general rule, Democrats usually accuse others of doing what they are doing. It is a way to deflect and distract away from themselves in order for their cohorts in the media to spin the narrative. Judging by the complete claptrap spouted by the anti Trump posters in this thread, I can only assume that you watch/read too much pro Democrat party media. These are not your views and opinions that you are expressing, they are fake Democrat talking points repeated ad infinitum and propagated by the corporate mainstream media. Most of them bare scant resemblance to reality. A few minutes researching their validity outside the pro Dem echo chamber will debunk and/or cast doubt on most of them. America no longer has a free press and people need to wake up to this fact.

It is quite disappointing and very worrying when otherwise normal and intelligent TVF posters spout this hysterical nonsense about Trump whilst simultaneously promoting Biden, who is not only corrupt, but seemingly entering the early stages of dementia. He can't even string a coherent sentence together and has said several things which are patently untrue, and then he snaps at people and gets aggressive when he gets called out on them. Hate Trump all you like but to imply Biden is a better candidate is just foolish. He was in the US Senate for 35 years, and then he was Vice President for 8 years. He has had pretty much his whole adult life to fix all these issues that he is now pretending to suddenly care about. But now he wants you to believe that voting for him will get them fixed. He is the definition of the DC Swamp. And people are actually buying into this charade for no other reason than they have been brainwashed by the Dem Party media to believe that Orange Man Bad. Pathetic.

For someone who complains about Democrats' lack of fact to back them up, you seem extremely reluctant to back up your dubious assertions and character attacks with any yourself.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, frantick said:

Can't prove it until after the election in November. Then, IF Trump wins, Dems will find some issue to claim it's invalid. Just as they did with the Russia Collusion hoax the first time he won.

So you concede that no one has called the 2016 election invalid (though Trump was clearly laying the groundwork to do so if he lost). 

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2020 at 6:14 AM, Mama Noodle said:

So.... Democrats want to change the rules for voting in a presidential election, right at the finish line and at the last minute, and its Trump who's trying to cheat? 

Absurd. 

I hope you’re not American.  FYI the states run the elections ????

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

So you concede that no one has called the 2016 election invalid (though Trump was clearly laying the groundwork to do so if he lost). 

Good to see you concede it was valid. To be pedantic, Trump never suggested he would contest a valid election, did he?

Four Times the Results of a Presidential Election Were Contested -- Smithsonian Magazine

Edited by rabas
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, rabas said:

Good to see you concede it was valid. To be pedantic, Trump never suggested he would contest a valid election, did he?

Four Times the Results of a Presidential Election Were Contested -- Smithsonian Magazine

To be pedantic, by suggesting that he would only accept the election results if he won, he suggested he would not accept the results if he lost.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-accept-election-230098

BTW:  I never said the 2016 election results were invalid.  How can I concede something I never disputed?

Edited by heybruce
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No serious person even thinks it would be possible to refuse to leave the W H if there was a sworn in president to replace them.

If Trump were to do so he would be headed for a spell in a mental rehabilitation institute. Biden is just trying to whip up some faux outrage because he knows very well that the secret service would remove Trump if he were to try, which he won't. Even mentioning such a nonsense makes him unfit to be president, IMO.

You may not understand it, but when a president loses and another president is sworn in, the loser has no CIC authority any more.

And yet Trump refused to say he would accept losing the 2016 election and refuses to say he will accept losing the 2020 election. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

To be pedantic, by suggesting that he would only accept the election results if he won, he suggested he would not accept the results if he lost.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-accept-election-230098

BTW:  I never said the 2016 election results were invalid.  How can I concede something I never disputed?

Dear lord, that was clearly political humor at a rally, have we all gone PC? Though thanks, I had no seen that before. 

I parroted your use of 'concede' from your post, which you based on no one ever saying the 2016 election was not valid. Perhaps you have never seen this video of Jimmy Carter doing just that, but not joking.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/28/jimmy-carter-russia-investigation-trump-lost-1387634https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/28/jimmy-carter-russia-investigation-trump-lost-1387634

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Masterton said:

As a general rule, Democrats usually accuse others of doing what they are doing. It is a way to deflect and distract away from themselves in order for their cohorts in the media to spin the narrative. Judging by the complete claptrap spouted by the anti Trump posters in this thread, I can only assume that you watch/read too much pro Democrat party media. These are not your views and opinions that you are expressing, they are fake Democrat talking points repeated ad infinitum and propagated by the corporate mainstream media. Most of them bare scant resemblance to reality. A few minutes researching their validity outside the pro Dem echo chamber will debunk and/or cast doubt on most of them. America no longer has a free press and people need to wake up to this fact.

It is quite disappointing and very worrying when otherwise normal and intelligent TVF posters spout this hysterical nonsense about Trump whilst simultaneously promoting Biden, who is not only corrupt, but seemingly entering the early stages of dementia. He can't even string a coherent sentence together and has said several things which are patently untrue, and then he snaps at people and gets aggressive when he gets called out on them. Hate Trump all you like but to imply Biden is a better candidate is just foolish. He was in the US Senate for 35 years, and then he was Vice President for 8 years. He has had pretty much his whole adult life to fix all these issues that he is now pretending to suddenly care about. But now he wants you to believe that voting for him will get them fixed. He is the definition of the DC Swamp. And people are actually buying into this charade for no other reason than they have been brainwashed by the Dem Party media to believe that Orange Man Bad. Pathetic.

It's called gas lighting, and is one of the favourite tactics employed by Leftists, "Democrats"/Democrats, and the like..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

And yours is another lazy ideological generalization that once again cites no facts.

Well not everyone of them does it. And I never said, that every single leftist and democrat supporter does it. But plenty do, it happens to me in discussions iwth them all the time. And while this is merely anecdotal, there are at least two examples (probably more, I am sure I'd find more, if I went through all 15 pages + FAR more if I went through more threads) that I was involved in personally.

Like I said (either here or in another thread), the reasonable people, who will accept the other side's argument and maybe even concede that they might have been wrong about something, seem to become fewer and fewer. Especially since Trump ran for office, not to mention since he became elected. We all have biases, to varying degrees, and we all can be stubborn (me included). But the real hysteria etc. is coming almost exclusively from the Left&Democrats, as well as left/left leaning/democrat leaning media. Though not exclusively, ie FOX is also pretty loose with the "truth", as are many Trump supporters.

And it is even more sad, that many times these are otherwise reasonably intelligent people. Politics has always been a bit of a sore spot topic. But never - at least in my life time - like this. I imagine this must have been what it was like ie during the days of 2nd July movement, RAF etc. in West Germany, minus the terrorist attacks (but who knows, might still happen)...

• Like 1

Also, in the last election, voters who disliked both Trump and Clinton, mostly  broke for Trump in the opinion polls. This time, they're mostly breaking for Biden by an even larger margin. But to mitigate that Biden advantage, there is a smaller pool of such voters this time.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/is-trump-losing-among-voters-who-dont-like-him-or-biden/

Their support was crucial to Trump winning in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Edited by johnpetersen
  • Haha 1

Just now, johnpetersen said:

Really? What do mean by refused to accept? What have they done to not acknowledge that Trump is the President and wields the power of the Presidency? Has anyone claimed that Trump actually lost the electoral college vote and somehow manipulated a win?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hillary-clinton-trump-is-an-illegitimate-president/2019/09/26/29195d5a-e099-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1