Honest cabby or just plain fishy? Taxi passenger gets his 100,000 baht prized snakehead back

webfact

Honest cabby or just plain fishy? Taxi passenger gets his 100,000 baht prized snakehead back

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A man has been happily reunited with his prized fish after he left it in a pink Bangkok taxi. 

The owner had hailed cab number 6880 from Chatuchak but exited the vehicle in Klong Toei  leaving his "Channa Barca" snakehead fish in a plastic bag.

The owner contacted radio station JS 100 who posted online that the owner was desperate to get it back as it was worth a small fortune. 

Ten hours later the drama was over when the owner said the fish - of enormous sentimental value that he called Nanna - had been returned by a local. 

No mention was made of who returned it though the taxi driver is often the hero in such stories.

Sanook reported that the so-called Barca Snakehead is one of the most beautiful fish in the world and is only found in rivers in Bengal and Assam and some parts of Bangladesh. 

It is much prized for its stunning hues and speckled scales and prices can range from 80,000 baht to hundreds of thousands. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-12

of enormous sentimental value that he called Nanna

He put it in a plastic bag and carried it around?!

It's a fish which can grow 105 cm, how big was it? You forget? Well ok there are people just forgetting about their baby in the car.

The fish is rare, so thats why it cost that much. Happily they told now, so everyone is going to fish now on this one, to sell.

However you need to go to India, Bangladesh to catch it.

You can always eat it , as it is an excellent food fish. 

22 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

How the <deleted> can anyone be boneheaded enough to leave that behind in a taxi?

I Can Beat That....I Was a Taxicab ( Black Cab ) Driver in Liverpool Once picked up a Lady with Baby in a Pram ( Pushchair ) When I Got to her destination She Pays Me & Got out ........Leaving The Baby & Pushchair behind !!

• Haha 1

On 6/13/2020 at 2:25 PM, Nong Khai Man said:

I Can Beat That....I Was a Taxicab ( Black Cab ) Driver in Liverpool Once picked up a Lady with Baby in a Pram ( Pushchair ) When I Got to her destination She Pays Me & Got out ........Leaving The Baby & Pushchair behind !!

Better than an unwanted stool. I suppose !!!