Miracle escape! Mother, father and two year old girl walk away from horror crash in Krabi

webfact

Miracle escape! Mother, father and two year old girl walk away from horror crash in Krabi

7pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Locals were astonished that two parents and a two year old girl suffered only superficial injuries after their pick-up slammed into a truck trailer doing a U-turn on the Petchkasem Road in Thap Phrik sub-district of Krabi in southern Thailand.

77kaoded reported that locals feared the worst as they tried to get the occupants out of the Toyota (plate #1313) that had been carrying a load of fertilizer from Surat Thani to Krabi. But fear soon turned to great relief.

First they heard a little girl crying then extricated her mother and her father, the driver. 

Pick-up driver Khunnawat, 23, had a cut lip. He said he was carrying a heavy load and was unable to brake in time. 

They all suffered minor leg injuries and were taken to hospital after first aid from rescue services at the scene around 9 am yesterday. 

The truck driver apologized saying he didn't see the pick-up. There was no anger displayed. 

The vehicle had wedged itself in between the main part of the truck and the trailer. 

The accident caused a large tailback. Police dealt with that and said they would interview both drivers again. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-12

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Pick-up driver Khunnawat, 23, had a cut lip. He said he was carrying a heavy load and was unable to brake in time.

Perhaps he'll later post on his facebook page: Amulet for sale. Only slightly damaged.

10 wheeler and trailer in a U turn, overloaded pickup going too fast to avoid the lorry or stop in time.

The lorry was probably 2 lanes over from the U turn lane, to be able to get round.  Possibly signalling his intention, but I don't know. Pickup driver and passengers very lucky. 

Why do some pickups have this amazing steel framework to allow them carry stuff they were never designed for?

8 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Why do some pickups have this amazing steel framework to allow them carry stuff they were never designed for?

Because it's cheaper than buying a truck of the right size to do the same job .

9 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

10 wheeler and trailer in a U turn, overloaded pickup going too fast to avoid the lorry or stop in time.

The lorry was probably 2 lanes over from the U turn lane, to be able to get round.  Possibly signalling his intention, but I don't know. Pickup driver and passengers very lucky. 

Why do RTP and Department of Transport not do the job they are paid for ie keep the roads safe. All these pick-ups with extended bodies are illegal when loaded, as far as I'm aware they are only designed to carry 750kg, that load of fertilizer would be more than a tonne.

Large trucks like that doing a U-turn on a highway is a no no, they should have designated turn lanes for large vehicles

On 6/13/2020 at 6:00 AM, a977 said:

All these pick-ups with extended bodies are illegal when loaded, as far as I'm aware they are only designed to carry 750kg, that load of fertilizer would be more than a tonne.

When I build my house I had bags of river rocks, and other concrete blocks deliveredd by a Toyota Vigo.

Total load was way over 2 Tonnes, and you couldn't see anything abnormal to the Vigo..............until you looked underneath and saw the massive leaf springs.

Driver told me they could carry up to 5 tonnes

2 hours ago, Susco said:

When I build my house I had bags of river rocks, and other concrete blocks deliveredd by a Toyota Vigo.

Total load was way over 2 Tonnes, and you couldn't see anything abnormal to the Vigo..............until you looked underneath and saw the massive leaf springs.

Driver told me they could carry up to 5 tonnes

But would take 2 provinces to stop !!