Thailand to lift curfew, allow alcohol sales in restaurants, hotels

webfact

1 hour ago, 2long said:

Wine Connection now allows regular seating (4 at a table and no plastic screens). I guess many others are the same

The screen rule was rescinded last week for approved places. Nowhere around here has screens now. It just takes a quick visit to get the ok.

1 hour ago, 2long said:

Wine Connection now allows regular seating (4 at a table and no plastic screens). I guess many others are the same.

Maybe I am mistaken, but did I not read that people from one household can be closer together ? 

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

People will go to restaurants and hotels for a drink, and most places will serve them, due to massive losses caused by the lockdown, yet millions remain unemployed because they cannot work in the other places mentioned !

I notice quite a few open air bars in my area starting to provide food in some shape or form. So they can claim to be a restaurant I assume.

• Like 1

I'll play the ThaiVisa "but my case is different than everyone else in the country" game and say "But what if I sit in a "bar" and ask the scantily clad waitress with the number badge for a Jack/Coke and a cheeseburger with a side of fries. Or an order of Jalapeno Poppers and a plate of chicken wings ?"

And then she goes next door to get the food and then brings it back to me with my drink and then sits next to me in case I need something else or maybe I want to share my food with her.
Would that place then be considered a restaurant to ? Because I ordered food in it and was served food in it ? 

(I've eaten in "restaurants" before where they've actually had the food prepared somewhere else and then delivered to the kitchen of the place I was in and the staff would then serve it like they'd made it themselves. I had a laugh once when the delivery guy came in the front carrying my order and a minute later the staff brought it out and served it to me on the same plate with the same metal cover still on it. They then admitted they had a kitchen but no cook so they got their food from the hotel next door.)

Shouldn't matter if the waitress is wearing a g-string and a smile should it ? I've seen stories of noodle shops, coffee shops and even "Fish Farm" restaurants using scantily clad "pretties" as waitresses to "boost" business.

So it shouldn't be a problem for some bars and a-go-gos to do the same, should it ?

I'll bet there'd be a lot of punters that would order a 100 baht "meal" and tell them to not even bother delivering it if that was all it would take to be able to sit and drink in a bar (or go-go) again.

Where I live we don't have scantily clad waitresses in any bars or restaurants, in fact the massage girls ( women ) are dressed like they are ready to plant rice in the paddies.

At least it saves me money, and I get to have some exercise.

5 metres square is 5m x 5m - in other words 25sq m per person. To get some idea of that - a football pitch is around 100m x 50m and would allow 200 people maximum. In the Before Times, there would be 5000+. Concerts ? No chance.

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

Obviously the message is drinkers are not trustworthy which is already a known fact. If this step leads to lack of virus control and a health issue I have no doubt they will shut it all down just as fast. So, I guess it's up to the drinkers to maintain virus awareness in public - trouble is 1 in 5 of you are already out of control so that becomes very problematic. So, if this experiment goes south and there's a covid spike, and if it gets all shut down again you can blame each other instead of the government.

6 minutes ago, rott said:

Do you practice being patronising and condescending in front of the mirror? 

1 in 5 of whom exactly are out of control? And by whose definition? 

CC used to have 4 friends, but they don't wanna drink with him anymore because he always got out of control. There is your definition !

drunk.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

So you have some numbskull General with a bad haircut saying earlier the curfew will continue, and now it is announced it will not continue.

Can't someone in this government get a grip, and nominate a single proper spokesperson to announce the announcements.

Assistant, deputy, acting, mayor, general, chief police major, governor, fer gawds sakes.

There are plenty of Maj/Gens, Lt/Gens, and other people with stupid ranks available, I'm sure they will be delighted to stand up and make announcements where everyone and his dog can see them dressed up in their nice uniforms, ribbons, wings, and other bling just like the posers they are.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

And still only in thai. How can they track use dirty farang if we cant opt to be tracked?

still seems usable without needing to understand thai

i've deleted it anyway, due to the app logo looking similar to something: -

6zlbuLgVLORwZ1cAEhBrBKAWvH53daLVM0x8C9z2

3 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

Oh...so I can have a drink with my dinner and say cheers to my wife on the other table or behind the plastic- shield!

I don’t know any restaurant where this would be true and I never cook so eat out every day. Perhaps you should get out and walk around a little with your eyes open.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

The police will decide which bars are restaurants and which restaurants are bars. I think we all know what criteria will be used in the decision process, and it won't be anything to do with licensing!

Money maybe! ????

6 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

I don’t know any restaurant where this would be true and I never cook so eat out every day. Perhaps you should get out and walk around a little with your eyes open.

Actually there were pics on ThaiVisa shortly (very shortly) after restaurants were allowed to start "dining in" again. The pics showed places (looked like shophouse eateries) where a table meant for 2 people had a plastic screen to separate them. They showed what one would assume to be couples dining at tables with the screen between them.

Meanwhile you were almost brushing against the back of the person sitting at the table behind you (even though they seemed to be spaced a little further apart than normal).

So although no sign that the contagen is still even active out there in the local community

they will not allow the bars to open who employ the "forgotten" people that the Government will pay nothing to help.

Let us have a beer with our friends in a bar environment. We have all been here for the last 3 months anyway, What are you concerned about?

Of more concern is opening of borders & International travel without the local community being back to normal

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

I'll play the ThaiVisa "but my case is different than everyone else in the country" game and say "But what if I sit in a "bar" and ask the scantily clad waitress with the number badge for a Jack/Coke and a cheeseburger with a side of fries. Or an order of Jalapeno Poppers and a plate of chicken wings ?"

And then she goes next door to get the food and then brings it back to me with my drink and then sits next to me in case I need something else or maybe I want to share my food with her.
Would that place then be considered a restaurant to ? Because I ordered food in it and was served food in it ? 

(I've eaten in "restaurants" before where they've actually had the food prepared somewhere else and then delivered to the kitchen of the place I was in and the staff would then serve it like they'd made it themselves. I had a laugh once when the delivery guy came in the front carrying my order and a minute later the staff brought it out and served it to me on the same plate with the same metal cover still on it. They then admitted they had a kitchen but no cook so they got their food from the hotel next door.)

Shouldn't matter if the waitress is wearing a g-string and a smile should it ? I've seen stories of noodle shops, coffee shops and even "Fish Farm" restaurants using scantily clad "pretties" as waitresses to "boost" business.

So it shouldn't be a problem for some bars and a-go-gos to do the same, should it ?

I'll bet there'd be a lot of punters that would order a 100 baht "meal" and tell them to not even bother delivering it if that was all it would take to be able to sit and drink in a bar (or go-go) again.

Thats a great idea