I really LOVE Thailand

CanadaSam

2 minutes ago, 448glb said:

And I am sure you are completely innocent and never ever ever done something so disgusting or maybe you just like boys. Vagina, yukky!!!

He's just jealous because he probably lives in a western country where a good looking girl won't won't go out with him.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, malibukid said:

if your a certain president you can buy a EEU manikin for 20mil+,  he could have saved a bundle buffalo included and probably a lot more fun to be around.  but we all know that he's racist

Google says nothing about an eeu manikin and I've never heard of one, whatever it is.

Obviously BS like your off topic trolling last sentence.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, orchis said:

so you love prostitution, cheap booze and corruption.

There is nothing wrong with prostitution as long as both sides are willing and there is no underage involved. There is nothing wrong with cheap booze if drinking in moderation and no drunkenness in public. By the way I do not participate in prostitution and am a non drinker.

As for corruption, it can be OK if you can use it against any authority who is treating you unfairly. ie when I ride my 300cc motorbike on a carriageway which says "no motorbikes", I have 300Bt in my pocket in case I get stopped, I have only paid it once out of about ten times.

In other words, Thailand can be great if you are a free spirit and not a member if the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

• Thanks 1

"I love everything about this country!

I love having a duck and rice meal, for about a dollar.

I love having a beautiful girl next to me, for about the price of a McDonalds meal back home.

I love being near the sea, having beers for next to nothing, and contemplating life.

I even love the cops who look the other way, for a small amount of money.

I love Thailand, and I am sick and tired of foreigners who choose to live here, but whine and complain about trivialities, go back home, dudes, if you don't like the place!"

Well good for you mate, glad you're enjoying life here. Probably wouldn't be enjoying it so much if you lived where I am and the nearestr beach is an hour and a half away by car and grotty as hell, where the only thing you'll get to eat is squid because all the restaurants within 2 miles have shut dowm and the women, if you can find them, are 40+ (and I'm talking waist measurement as well as age.). Nearest Western bar is 500 - 700 baht awat by taxi with no BTS or MRT within 33km. You got lucky, not everyone is as lucky as you hence not everyone is so enamoured with Thailand.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, flinc2020 said:

Well good for you mate, glad you're enjoying life here. Probably wouldn't be enjoying it so much if you lived where I am and the nearestr beach is an hour and a half away by car and grotty as hell, where the only thing you'll get to eat is squid because all the restaurants within 2 miles have shut dowm and the women, if you can find them, are 40+ (and I'm talking waist measurement as well as age.). Nearest Western bar is 500 - 700 baht awat by taxi with no BTS or MRT within 33km. You got lucky, not everyone is as lucky as you hence not everyone is so enamoured with Thailand.

When I lived in the village the nearest real town was a 2 hour drive away- longer on the bus. No beach closer than a day's travel. No "women" available unless take your own. My wife cooked better meals than any restaurant, so that wasn't a problem. No western bars within a 6 hour drive. No English tv.

I enjoyed it. Only left because of the horrid nephews.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

There is nothing wrong with prostitution as long as both sides are willing and there is no underage involved.

Strange as how only prostitution in Thailand is evil, considering it goes on in every country. Perhaps the wowsers should be campaigning where they come from to stop it there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As several of you note, the comparison of a woman to a McDonald's meal may seem offensive, but one point the writer makes is the ability to have a  beautiful woman or girl near you. This to me is great. You can go to a bar and have company. It does not have to be about sex. I have sat down and had nice conversations with the so called "bar girls" and it was pleasant. You can opt out of sitting at home alone and find company. It is my understanding that is one of the concepts of hostess bars. This concept did not begin in Thailand.

The problem we face now is you cannot go out and be near people. I see the sing song bars have gone by the wayside and perhaps one outcome of this pandemic will be the sun setting on the hostess bar concept of socialization.

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When I lived in the village the nearest real town was a 2 hour drive away- longer on the bus. No beach closer than a day's travel. No "women" available unless take your own. My wife cooked better meals than any restaurant, so that wasn't a problem. No western bars within a 6 hour drive. No English tv.

I enjoyed it. Only left because of the horrid nephews.

There's always women available, and in the village usually young (but hopefully legal).

23 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

I love everything about this country!

I love having a beautiful girl next to me, for about the price of a McDonalds meal back home.

I love being near the sea, having beers for next to nothing, and contemplating life.

Almost sounds like a 25-year old travel guide...????

A friend left a book "Thailand's Islands & Beaches" with me two-three years a ago after touring around, and said that I might find better need for it than him. A few weeks ago I opened it to read about "my own island and beach". I learned that I could find a basic beachfront hut for 80 baht a night, and that hi-end bungalows cost from 200 to 400 baht – and that it's not recommended to bath topless in front of the wat (temple)...???? When I checked the first page I realized it was a Lonely Planet guide released in 1998...???? Might not have been a great help for my friend that kindly left it with me...:wai: However, if I had used it when I came first time to "my island and beach" in 2001, it would even then have been way outdated, a very basic hut was 350 baht, and the higher-end bungalows mentioned in the book for 200-400 baht was already priced 1,500 baht...????

But apart from the prices – the 30 baht street kitchen duck-meal, and the gorgeous company for a Big Mac home-country priced 150 baht meal, which actually costs 180 baht in Thailand – I fully understand and follow you...:thumbsup:

Yes, amazing Thailand is a great place to live, even it now costs little more than a few pennies, but might still be as amazing as pennies from heaven...????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flinc2020 said:

You sound like somebody sitting with their feet in a bucket of water complaining they are wet!!

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

Where's the cheap beer? If the OP means Thai beer then I can tell him that in Spain I can buy five beers for the price of one in Thailand. If he means imported beer, then the same. If he's enjoying a beer with a 'public relations officer' next to him then he's paying $5-6 for a small can. Where's the cheap in that.

How much did he pay for his rose-coloured glasses, I wonder?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flinc2020 said:

"I love everything about this country!

I love Thailand, and I am sick and tired of foreigners who choose to live here, but whine and complain about trivialities, go back home, dudes, if you don't like the place!"

You come across as a bit butthurt.

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

Doesn't go well with 'stale bread' and 'sour beer' but then what does? Maybe a bit of old cheese ????

I could really do with a bit of old cheese.

Preferably with a strong flavour and a streak of blue.

Not with stale bread though, how about a fresh bread roll or croissant. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 1:40 PM, Keyser Soze666 said:

''I love having a beautiful girl next to me, for about the price of a McDonalds meal back home''

Yuk. How creepy could you possibly get. maybe it's your type that should go back home, coming here and taking advantage of poor women, or 'girls' as you refer to them, not really something you should be boasting about. You should be ashamed, or at least keep it to yourself, dude.

Says the jealous man married to some old boiler. 

You go OP. Give it to the jealous, sad, bored, married  whingers!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nemises said:

Says the jealous man married to some old boiler. 

You go OP. Give it to the jealous, sad, bored, married  whingers!

While I agree with you, I am married, party days over, by choice, no criticism to hand down to the younger generation regarding enjoyment, other than try not to forget mostly it has all been done before by the generation before you. Although must admit still a few old boys trying to make up for lost time!!!

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 8:03 AM, Keyser Soze666 said:

Still can't see my point can you, dude? Perfect existence?? Ha, you have no idea how I exist, but let me repeat I didn't come here to be a complete sleaze bag and to take advantage of uneducated poor women, and certainly not to brag about it on a forum. You and the OP did. Fair enough, crack on.

Comparing Thai woman (girls) to a Mcdonalds?? Nah, not for me I'm afraid.

Not all uneducated poor women.  Knew a lady from Bangkok, solicitor who would occasionally earn a bit of easy money, if you know what I mean.  She was a stunner (mid 20s) from a very well to do family.  I guess its just in their culture.

• Confused 1

On 6/12/2020 at 8:36 AM, Keyser Soze666 said:

Yep, but many on here say 'girls' Tells you a lot.

Back in the UK, me + my mates used to go out pubbing and clubbing to (try) and pull some 'girlies' as we called them.  Of course, these would be in the likely age range of 19-40 depending on amount of beer lol.

In the UK, I think the slang of girls or girlies when applied to adult men, is just a cute name for women.

But I guess everything has just got to PC nowadays, and I'm probably out of touch too

38 minutes ago, sharksy said:

Back in the UK, me + my mates used to go out pubbing and clubbing to (try) and pull some 'girlies' as we called them.  Of course, these would be in the likely age range of 19-40 depending on amount of beer lol.

In the UK, I think the slang of girls or girlies when applied to adult men, is just a cute name for women.

But I guess everything has just got to PC nowadays, and I'm probably out of touch too

46 minutes ago, sharksy said:

Not all uneducated poor women.  Knew a lady from Bangkok, solicitor who would occasionally earn a bit of easy money, if you know what I mean.  She was a stunner (mid 20s) from a very well to do family.  I guess its just in their culture.

you clearly have no idea about thaiand.

i guess you need to get out of the sex industry/sex tourist bubble, there's a great thailand out there!

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, samsensam said:

you clearly have no idea about thaiand.

i guess you need to get out of the sex industry/sex tourist bubble, there's a great thailand out there!

Ouch!  That's hell of an accusation.

Whilst I've never lived in Thailand, visited many times.  Have a Thai girlfiend in UK last 5 years.

The hiso? lady I mentioned above.  Met her and her husband in UK.  It was him who told me this story about earning a few baht on the side (before he married her).  He was disgusted as she wasn't desparate for the money anyway.  Famous father + mother ran a top uni in Bangkok.

So, what do I need to know about Thailand SamSenSam?

• Like 1