Schools to reopen on 15 june

All schools can reopen on June 15 according to a news article in The Nation, howver with restrictions:

International and tuition schools are allowed to open.

Government and private schools are allowed to open but with a maximum of 120 students

Daycare centres can open but must provide a minimum space of 2 m2 per child

Universities and such can start with seminars and workshops

Source:

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389519?utm_source=bottom_relate&utm_medium=internal_referral

Edited by Preacher

I'm quite sure that most will stick with July 1 as the schools would have obviously been working around that date. Pity these idiots didn't give that date from the beginning when it was obvious to most that July 1 was way too conservative. Same old sh!t.

Too short notice and still a lot unclear.

1 meter distancing between students and 5 meters between studnets and teacher? 

How about schooltransport, where the students are cramped into small vans? Maybe less studnets now, but who is going to pay for that?

I know some schools will hold Saturday classes.   1/2 the students will go Mon., Wed., Friday and others Tues., Thurs. and Sat.   I believe it has been approved by the Ministry.

Up here 20 km from Kumphawapi the village school will start July

1st according to one of the teachers I asked earlier today, 

i have ave no idea the number of children that attend the school

my in-laws children uhhh that stay at our house on a steady basis...

Well since it has been proven that young people aren't as affected by the corona virus. They don't catch the virus as easily as older people and when they do their immune system kills off the virus and they develop immunity to it. And those infected with the virus but showing no symptoms do not transmit the virus, what's the big deal? Are Thai officials just too stupid that they can not accept those FACTS?

Asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic people are infectious.   The two days preceding the onset of symptoms a person is contagious and capable of spreading the virus.   Also, as the previous poster mentioned, once children catch the virus they are infectious.   Teachers are, of course, at risk of getting much more ill than most students.  

• Like 1