Patong’s Bangla nightlife area faces darkest hour

rooster59

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

Then Vietnam will have all the booze and sex tourists and all the problems with them and Thailand can focus on the tourists that really bring money? 

You mean the Chinese?

Edited by Paiman

5 hours ago, tonysilly said:

Thank God the girls still have Thai Friendly, Badoo, Tinder and Tic Toc. We don't really need those bar? Do we???  I have met more hot  girls on Line these last few months then all my time in Thailand. Still having fun!!  Oh!! Don't forget the beach had been a good pick up place for all.  Free and  not Free.  Peoole will survive no matter what!! 

so, your mixing with many girls that are that are mixing with many men,,, hmmm, considering the lockdown is to stop the spread of the virus can you see what the problem might be?

Unless of course you are practicing social distancing with them all. ????

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

They still want their monthly kickback open or not and no doubt have barely suffered

not sure how the would collect the kickback when they are closed, unless they are visiting all the bar owners at their homes.. do you think that's happening? Honest question..

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Take a leaf from Pattaya's book:-

Pictures of plans to completely revolutionize the area from Walking Street to the Bali Hai port in Pattaya have been unveiled by the local council.

Grubby has been replaced by grandiose!

I hope they do it, I really do but it takes a couple of hours to knock up a computer generated image. Getting it done is another thing. The cynic in me tells me it is just a knock up and press release is for political reasons.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Antifreeze said:

They should make a distinction between enclosed pubs and discos and open air bars. 

Very good point, but i doubt they will. it will be a nightmare to manage social distancing in open air bars once people have downed a few. 

It doesn't take a genius to predict what will happen.

9 hours ago, Henryford said:

Without the pubs/bars who is going to visit to use all the other venues?

Quality tourist,  sex not important .

Love important more , via internet .

I meet lady , she never work bar , before in Phuket ..

Edited by elliss
spelling

2 hours ago, 4737 Carlin said:

Vietnam is most definitely not open for "adult tourism". 

Yep , keep it too ourselves .

Sex tourism , not welcome in Nam .

Those were the days , a bar of chocolate ..

Edited by elliss

10 hours ago, elliss said:

Quality tourist,  sex not important .

Love important more , via internet .

I meet lady , she never work bar , before in Phuket ..

People in love still want to go out for a drink/dance/listen to music.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Take a leaf from Pattaya's book:-

Pictures of plans to completely revolutionize the area from Walking Street to the Bali Hai port in Pattaya have been unveiled by the local council.

Grubby has been replaced by grandiose!

I hope it works out for Pattaya. Unfortunately, looking at the impressions of the grandiose scheme I don’t see masses of overhead cables nor badly surfaced roads with poorly fitted manhole/drain covers so, sadly, this sort of modernisation would be a no starter in the 5star tropical paradise of Phuket that we know and love. ????????????????????

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, tonysilly said:

Thank God the girls still have Thai Friendly, Badoo, Tinder and Tic Toc. We don't really need those bar? Do we???  I have met more hot  girls on Line these last few months then all my time in Thailand. Still having fun!!  Oh!! Don't forget the beach had been a good pick up place for all.  Free and  not Free.  Peoole will survive no matter what!! 

I'm sorry but meeting girls online eliminates the sleaze factor. : (

• Like 1

Off topic posts and replies have been removed. 

Some posts of a derogatory or crude manner and the replies have been removed. 

Posts discussing the details of prostitution have been removed:

17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.