Anyone with a Honda Adv 150 - how is the suspension ?

Hey all,

My Yamaha n-Max is simply bumping me around on the city streets and I want something of similar size but has a softer suspension.

Are their any ADV 150 owners out there that can comment on ride comfort?  As a side question, can you fit a full-size helmet under the seat?

Many thanks...

• blackcab locked and unlocked this topic
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The ADV-150 is an excellent scooter particularly because of its suspension. You can fit a full-face helmet under the seat (depending on its size) but it's a bit tight. I wrote a long review some time

N-max is a very good bike. Do you have a decent motorcycle suspension workshop nearby. A good shop will be able to fit upgraded shocks and fork springs/oil to suit your needs.

Its a bit up n down.

Posted Images

I had yss front forks and rear shocks upgraded but I still feel every bump in the road.  The ADV 150 has a longer length of suspension travel and showa gas shocks stock, so I figured it would absorb bumps better.  

I may be best to see if any of the Chiang Mai scooter rental shops have any to rent and test drive one for myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, papa al said:

It will ride smoother

if you have a hefty girl riding behind.

Too big you might bottom out,

so experiment.

Or just run lower air pressure

which helps a lot.

But not too low.

The middle path.

:wai:

Yeah on my scoot I keep psi high because low pressure on rim inner tube tyres will split quickly enough at the valve outlet position.

My big bike with tubeless is very different I have multi adjustable suspension and recommended tyre pressures, so I set everything up to my ride comfort on the Thailand roads and I always have low tyre pressures on my blade.

When a nice smooth bit of road turns up thats a bonus. 😁

• Like 2

On a somewhat related note... I have to brighten up a Honda Wave 100cc older bike with new plastics up front and front sides. Anyone know where to order them. Some are cracked and just old. All in blue?

22 minutes ago, iamariva1957 said:

On a somewhat related note... I have to brighten up a Honda Wave 100cc older bike with new plastics up front and front sides. Anyone know where to order them. Some are cracked and just old. All in blue?

Did the same. Cheap as chips. Went to one of the bigger bike fixing shops and they either order it for you or even have it on the shelf

• Like 1

Hello

I have a tyre pressure pen and set my bike about 30psi runs very well now, but I've been to small garages by the side of the road and got them to put some air in my tyre's when I checked it had about 70psi, he said its better for Thai roads so I tried it and the bike was bouncing down the road, I would suggest check the pressure your self, oh yes the gauges in the road shops don't exist there they kick the tyre and say OK farlang bye bye

• Haha 1