Malaysian border.?

General entry for foreigners remains suspended at present and is widely expected to remain suspended until the final phase of Malaysia's lockdown ends on 31 August. It is possible that local 'bubble' travel agreements may start to allow limited foreigner entry sooner than that -- the hospitality industry is in favour of that. On the other hand, imported infection via foreigners remains a key worry for Malaysian authorities and so there could well be some spill-over of the ban on foreign visitors beyond the end of August.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Filer said:

General entry for foreigners remains suspended at present and is widely expected to remain suspended until the final phase of Malaysia's lockdown ends on 31 August. It is possible that local 'bubble' travel agreements may start to allow limited foreigner entry sooner than that -- the hospitality industry is in favour of that. On the other hand, imported infection via foreigners remains a key worry for Malaysian authorities and so there could well be some spill-over of the ban on foreign visitors beyond the end of August.

Precisely. I don't see the Malaysian border opening for general travel until Sep 1 to anyone, other than returning Malays, certain categories of expats (in both directions) and business travelers but with stringent requirements.

I put my money on the Thai-Lao, Thai-Cambodian and Thai-Burmese borders opening far sooner. In fact, it has already been announced by a Thai vlogger on YouTube that Thailand and Laos have basically hashed out a travel bubble, allowing Thai and Lao citizens to visit for official and business purposes, possibly without quarantine. Not sure when this plan will take effect, but it looks imminent. I don't think 3rd country foreigners, even if resident in one of the two countries, are included. That probably will be stage 2, after one month or so.

I'm personally wondering whether Thailand and Myanmar might agree to open the Phu Nam Ron/Htee Khee crossing to allow foreigners wishing to do visa runs to travel there; they won't even need to step foot on the Myanmar side, since someone can be enlisted to run their passport to the Burmese office and get the requisite stamps. I hope they do this, should the amnesty not be extended further. There would be no need to worry about disease control, since people could wait at Thai immigration while their paperwork is processed. Then they go to the arrivals hall and get stamped back in. Voila. All done.

1 hour ago, brain150 said:

Second wave will come because it is needed for "the plan" - just wait for it !

Lock down will be harder than the first one !!!

1 hour ago, brain150 said:

Second wave will come because it is needed for "the plan" - just wait for it !

Lock down will be harder than the first one !!!

"The Plan" are you talking about New World Order? One government who is controlling and monitoring every citizen on the planet. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, bander said:

"The Plan" are you talking about New World Order? One government who is controlling and monitoring every citizen on the planet. 

You want to read it ? It is not a secret or theory at all ....

https://www.weforum.org/

These are the most powerful people in the world ... apart from Donald Trump who seems to be on another level right now [if you listen to him and not read about him !]

• Like 1
  • Confused 1