Nan's walking street comes alive again

rooster59

Nan's walking street comes alive again

By THE NATION

800_3af2e19f517199a.jpg

More than a thousand people flocked to Kuang Mueng Nan Walking Street in Nan province after it reopened on Friday (June 12).

159201543337.jpg

The famous street was closed for over four months.

The walking street is located in Muang district, in front of a local tourist centre and near Phumin temple.

159201545040.jpg

The temperature of visitors to the street must be checked and they must follow social distancing under the new rules.

159201550560.jpg

Suraphon Thiansut, the mayor of Nan Municipality, said that visitors and sellers must wear medical or cloth masks all the time they were in Kuang Mueng Nan. Sellers must also wear gloves, he added.

159201552064(1).jpg

Only two traders are allowed to sell in each specified area. Shops or stores situated near footpaths have been told to make adjustments to increase space available for walking and social distancing.

159201555660.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/travel/30389583

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-14

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, stouricks said:

So what happened to the social distancing and wearing gloves rules?

From my observations in Chiang Rai, I don't think Thais comprehend social distancing. It goes against all their instincts. On the other hand, their mask discipline is quite good.

Food shops in the malls use gloves, day markets don't. No point anyway, with all the cash being handed about.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

From my observations in Chiang Rai, I don't think Thais comprehend social distancing. It goes against all their instincts. On the other hand, their mask discipline is quite good.

Food shops in the malls use gloves, day markets don't. No point anyway, with all the cash being handed about.

yes, mask discipline good especially wearing them while riding motor bike WITHOUT helmet!   PML

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, stouricks said:

Nan has had precisely zero cases of Covid-19.  Absolutely no point in social distancing and wearing gloves if there's no virus around to worry about.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Nan has had precisely zero cases of Covid-19.  Absolutely no point in social distancing and wearing gloves if there's no virus around to worry about.

And it will take just ONE PERSON to come to Nan from somewhere the virus DOES exist, and they're back to square one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stouricks said:

And it will take just ONE PERSON to come to Nan from somewhere the virus DOES exist, and they're back to square one.

Give it a break............................. that ONE PERSON will not come from Thailand (unless they escape from quarantine) and, as the borders are closed, I would suggest that you are safe to venture out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

Give it a break............................. that ONE PERSON will not come from Thailand (unless they escape from quarantine) and, as the borders are closed, I would suggest that you are safe to venture out.

Did I say it would be someone from Thailand? And I would think there are MANY who avoid quarantine, self-isolation, have the virus but never get checked. I may be wrong, but why take the chance.

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Never mind the helmet, what about eye protection? Any insect in the eye at 100 km/hr would be like being hit with a bullet.

Hey, many of our locals drive like they've got blinkers on anyway.   PML

10 hours ago, stouricks said:

Same as my neck of the woods, Sat/Sun night street market recently opened, just the old free for all!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stouricks said:

Gloves are useless. Gloves do not prevent the spread. From the CDC:  "Gloves are not necessary for the general public and could even serve to further spread COVID-19 (or other illnesses and germs)."

https://extension.purdue.edu/article/37230

• Like 1