Huay Kwang night market now open after curfew is lifted

webfact

Huay Kwang night market now open after curfew is lifted

By THE NATION

800_9d7f1d1fd8f3a69.png?v=1592185264

The Huay Kwang night market in Bangkok’s Din Daeng resumed operations last night (June 14) after the government lifted its curfew that had been in effect since March 26.

Lifting of the curfew is one of the relaxations under phase 4 of lockdown easing.

Wipha Ninnaphreug, a rice merchant, said she was glad the curfew was finally lifted so she could open her shop overnight.

“My stall used to open until 3-4 am and I earned around Bt300-400 per night, but due to the curfew my income halved,” she said. “Even without curfew, the number of customers who visited the market after dark is small. I hope that’s because they didn’t know the curfew has been lifted and will show up tomorrow.”

A sticky rice and mangoes merchant, who asked not to be named, said her stalls used to be open 24 hours a day and customers continuously streamed in.

“The nighttime curfew had caused trouble for me and my regular clients. I have earned less than usual while they couldn’t find any place to satisfy their craving at night,” she added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389620

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-15