Pattaya: Boozing on the beach - police called but only warnings issued

webfact

Pattaya: Boozing on the beach - police called but only warnings issued

6pm3.jpg

Picture: Pattaya City

The Pattaya City page on Facebook reported that local tessakit officials called the police after finding tourists drinking alcohol on Pattaya beach.

Pictures showed a westerner as well as Thais. 

But the police seemed to have been gentle on this occasion only issuing warnings about the errant behavior. 

6pm2.jpg

Picture: Pattaya City

Some people, presumably Thais, were seen giving the thumbs up along with officers on the beach.

An elderly western man was pictured near the picture close to a Thai woman with what looked like some beer and a bottle of Jack Daniel's for company.

Source: Pattaya City

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-15

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

An elderly western man was pictured near the picture close to a Thai woman with what looked like some beer and a bottle of Jack Daniel's for company

Hi-end drinkers then with dosh for J D .. The scratchers usually get wiped out on Lao Khao .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't understand the problem. Poor your booze in one of those Thermos- Cups. Apart from making it invisible, you can also enjoy your drink for hours, since it stays at least cold in there for a long time. (Best clue from an Alcoholic ????????)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, asiasurfer said:

I don't understand the problem. Poor your booze in one of those Thermos- Cups. Apart from making it invisible, you can also enjoy your drink for hours, since it stays at least cold in there for a long time. (Best clue from an Alcoholic ????????)

What do you do with the empty can or bottle?

20 hours ago, webfact said:

An elderly western man was pictured near the picture close to a Thai woman with what looked like some beer and a bottle of Jack Daniel's for company.

Thumbs up for the JD but a slap for the footwear !

From what I saw over the weekend the visiting local tourists were happily drinking beer and other alcohol with their food in groups on their mats all along Jomtien  beach. I didn't see any patrols preventing them from doing so. 

Edited by kinyara
Addition

On 6/15/2020 at 10:28 PM, apophyss said:

How you can enjoy the beach when someone smoke just near you (under the wind) ?

(I'm very ok for booze)

Agreed. Yet then you can talk to the smoker who, most likely, will do a walk-around smoking. Never had a problem with that and the issue might not have been that serious so to install a law with jail sentence and THB 100K fines ..........

If the next table is doing a serious somtam session with fish- and other sauces, the stench had been unbearable; I got up and moved without a word yet nobody (incl. some Thais who cannot handle the smell either) would expect legal fencing .......