"Pattaya Hot Deal" - Thai tourists to be lured with 50% off but Chinese may not be back until CNY 2021

webfact

Finally a pronouncement that TAT: TVF can get behind, except that TAT: TVF doesn't recognize domestic tourism, so we do that angle to chew on. Lately we've an exception to the exception, however, about domestic tourism IF it's domestic farang (the Big Spenders) because the farang may not get the discount, unless they're Thai citizens.

It's nice of the mayor to do his bit for promotion anyway.

A problem of the 50 percent discount is: at what discount will the hotel still break even? - Profit margins were not 50 percent before, and so I guess hotels will run into deficits at these rates. - Many will prefer to remain closed than running into losses. 

• Like 1

Their dreaming. 1000 baht hotel rooms going for 500 baht and 50% off sale.

Open your business and work for zero profit. Genius.

Chinese not coming to 2021?

What planet do these idiots live on. If you have a business in Pattaya, and have an exit plan, get the <deleted> out.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

The longer all this world nonsense goes on, the more i think about taking the wife to the UK rather than live in a world and country that seems to yoyo with my life

& then you woke up? or do you want to believe you would be able to get on with your life with no distractions in the UK, I would rather be here!

Just ignore all the TAT nonsense in the MSM, they have a lot of employees and a huge budget they have to justify!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I get the feeling that with borders closed for so long, people will not rush back to Thailand for the simple fear of the borders being closed again and them stuck here - again.

The longer all this world nonsense goes on, the more i think about taking the wife to the UK rather than live in a world and country that seems to yoyo with my life

? Are you in Thailand?

Go whenever you want the borders to leave here are and have been wide open for quite a while.

Edited by bkk6060

4 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

Another person who did not manage to get to the fourth paragraph. 

Try reading before claiming that people are idiots. Or go to a mirror shop for details.

Rooster

Seen the news today Sherlock?

Travel bubbles, limited numbers, tourists only allowed into certain areas?

What part of the statement 'farang businesses are going to go bust' do you not understand?

You one of them by chance?

Edited by WillyPlatt
Edit
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourism authorities in Pattaya are attempting to woo back Thai tourists with a scheme to give them 50% off

One other post on Thai Visa says 75% of Thai's don't want foreign tourists back.  Yet tourism officials are attempting to woo back Thai tourists.  LOL  Without foreign tourists a huge number of thai's are unemployed.  Many others have been quarantined inside their homes here for weeks.  You think they have extra THB to spend on a vacation.  

4 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Anyway and whatever the price of the room, many people will not come to Pattaya as long as what makes Pattaya the "extreme city" will remain closed. 

But Thais never come to Pattays to find their prostitute brides. We all know who come to Pattaya to find their prostitute brides and they are not coming even if they open up borders and invite desease infected people to cause havoc in Thailand by importing deseases from their homelands. I noticed a number of week-enders in Pattaya, most probably came from Bangkok.

Edited by Mulambana

5 hours ago, inwardglee said:

A problem of the 50 percent discount is: at what discount will the hotel still break even? - Profit margins were not 50 percent before, and so I guess hotels will run into deficits at these rates. - Many will prefer to remain closed than running into losses. 

As part of the plan a Thai tourist staying at a 1,000 baht hotel would only pay 500 baht and the Tourism Authority of Thailand would make up the difference. 

32 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

But Thais never come to Pattays to find their prostitute brides. We all know who come to Pattaya to find their prostitute brides and they are not coming even if they open up borders and invite desease infected people to cause havoc in Thailand by importing deseases from their homelands. I noticed a number of week-enders in Pattaya, most probably came from Bangkok.

A very small number of visitors look for prostitutes, but a very large number, Thais included, look for bars, karaokes and discos...actually many discos have 99% of Thai customers.

People come to Pattaya for the nightlife, not for the beach...for the latter they can go to Bang Saen, or even better to Hua Hin...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WillyPlatt said:

Seen the news today Sherlock?

Travel bubbles, limited numbers, tourists only allowed into certain areas?

What part of the statement 'farang businesses are going to go bust' do you not understand?

You one of them by chance?

I didn't see the news, I wrote it.

Thanks, Watson.

Rooster

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mulambana said:

So initially you came in Pattaya for the temples or for the food?

13 hours ago, Thomas J said:

One other post on Thai Visa says 75% of Thai's don't want foreign tourists back

Would that 75% include any of the locals who are out of work due to the abscence of foreign tourists and daily queue for handouts from  foreign donations?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

As part of the plan a Thai tourist staying at a 1,000 baht hotel would only pay 500 baht and the Tourism Authority of Thailand would make up the difference. 

And T.A.T is getting the money from where?

5 hours ago, Road Warrior said:

think most of farang retires like the quiet life as now ,and modest road traffic .suits me 100%

Yes, the ability to traverse Pattaya in under 30 minutes, and take the AC truck rather than the bike, are a current luxury.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And T.A.T is getting the money from where?

That's conveniently forgotten by the award winning author.

Personally, i would stop the farang food handouts and watch the rioting and looting

from a high studio condo.

The pocket lining Thai bigots might open BKK tomorrow.

Why rush when the dirty idiot farangs feed our citizens?

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 9:33 AM, bkk6060 said:

? Are you in Thailand?

Go whenever you want the borders to leave here are and have been wide open for quite a while.

?? The borders are shut . In case you haven't checked , at the moment nobody is coming in Thailand . So which borders are you talking about ?

On 6/17/2020 at 11:14 AM, RobFord said:

As the wife says; “Thais going on vacation have money, they should be giving the money to people who can’t eat. Stupid idiot”.

Why would Thai's give money to Thai's when farang have been giving money to Thai's for decades, and are currently donating food for the hungry?