Foreigners set to return as Thailand presses ahead with "Travel Bubble" plans

webfact

49 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Three quarters of Thais won't be all too delighted to hear about that. Allegedly.

I get the impression in the UK that when asked about the importance or degree of lock-down, people's responses will be coloured at least a bit by how financially or occupationally secure they are. Also, some would rather be off work/furloughed than doing jobs that they hate.

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 2

<deleted> is a “travel bubble”? I live in Pattaya. Will I be in the “bubble”? 

Keep the virus out. Nobody in without a 14 day quarantine. Period. Tests on departure for all passengers. Anyone testing positive goes back.

If they mean people have to stay in resorts that’s a fine idea. But what about the workers at the resort? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

"Bubble" is a code word for letting the Chinese back in, assuming they still want to come. The country can't remain indefinitely but I personally feel a lot safer without the foreign tourists.  It is also a lot easier to find a seat in hospital waiting rooms without the medical tourists, even though some seats are blanked out. 

I am sure that in the present environment opening the doors to any large groups of tourists will also open the doors to the virus.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Let's hope it works out. Let people travel with sensible precautions between the countries who have dealt properly with the pandemic. Was only able to get on a flight to Taiwan that was leaving 2 hours after the country was closed due to the little notice and information that was given, and I am still stuck here. The travel bubbles will be mostly be regional short haul flights (except for NZ and Oz)

7 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Thai Airways can fly to Auckland & bring a planeload of Kiwis back pretty well knowing that they will not spread any Covid.just as Singapore Airlines  is doing.

Problem: After their 10day holiday they have to go into 14 day isolation still on returning home

which makes it pretty much a non starter

Not if they have negotiated a travel bubble between the two nations, which means they have agreed to mutual safety protocols. Presumably all nations involved will have the same ones in place.

Edited by vermin on arrival
  • Like 1

With a new outbreak reported over the weekend in Beijing China had better not be on that list.

Things will be very different if they're allowed back in and even one new case is found due to this dereliction of duty by whoever is in charge of this 'bubble' policy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

"Bubble" is a code word for letting the Chinese back in, assuming they still want to come. The country can't remain indefinitely but I personally feel a lot safer without the foreign tourists.  It is also a lot easier to find a seat in hospital waiting rooms without the medical tourists, even though some seats are blanked out. 

I am sure that in the present environment opening the doors to any large groups of tourists will also open the doors to the virus.

Were you the Thai government would you be more concerned about A) The drain on the economy which is hitting a great deal of working class Thais hard . Or B) The convenience of relatively far fewer elderly expats?

Its probably moot because this current mob probably care little for either group but you get my drift.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ukrules said:

With a new outbreak reported over the weekend in Beijing China had better not be on that list.

And why not?

Medias today are talking on about 79 infected people,

on about 1'400'000'000 people in China !

About 0.000'005% of population

A 5 on 1 million risk. You want compare with your country? ????

• Confused 1