Foreigners set to return as Thailand presses ahead with "Travel Bubble" plans

webfact

52 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

I'm a foreigner, British but other home is in France not UK, but I'm not a tourist. I am married to a Thai. We have a home here as well as in France. If I leave, even just to get a new visa ( long story posted elsewhere) when will I be allowed to return? I am on amnesty here now. Ever more pressing financial, family and personal reasons mean I will have to return to Europe soon, even if before then I can get a new non O multiple entry marriage visa in Laos. Been here nearly 6 months, planned on 4, and these matters won't wait another 6. Even though frankly I don't fancy flying nor returning to Europe at the moment because of the infection risk and quarantining at each end, even at home as required currently by France for those arriving from outside the EU.

My wife, who should be accompanying me, and her family all believe France and UK are hotbeds of infection with poor control and preventative measures, collapsing health systems and populations that are personally too lax at following guidelines. They simply don't want me to go at this time. 

Your wife is ill informed.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Pipat Ratchakitprakarn - the billionaire minister of Tourism and Sports is one of the leading figures putting their weight behind the "Travel Bubble".

Uuuuuhh, so rich....... he must be very smart.

The Thai answer to Albert Einstein?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Opening the doors the Covid19 virus is only a plane load of Tourists that have departed Wuhan, as they did before the virus was made public knowledge.

Wuhan was the central hub for departures by the Chinese Tourists, with some 6 Million departing from there for LOS last Year.

To allow such numbers ever again, is bordering on sheer lunacy, as China has new outbreaks happening on a regular basis now.

I'm in Austria since end of Jan.

We had Chinese in our town till early March until the country shut down. Not a single cluster was started by Chinese. A small town of 760 resident got visited by average 8000 Asians (mainly Chinese) per day. There wasn't a single infection ever. 

The first infection in our district was a British tourist.

Asians wear face masks. Westerners consider it "oppressive". 

Stop Chinese bashing. China got a grip on infections. Something you can't say about Germans, Swedes, Brits and others.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreigners set to return

Can’t stand without “foreigners = Chinese” ? They are getting busy with 2nd wave !!! 
The question is: Do they want to go through 2nd wave as well ? It will happen just like 1st time. They will figure it out when it is already spread all over Thailand. 

Edited by The Theory

32 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

They should ask bargirls which groups of countries tourists they’d prefer.  Hint: it wouldn’t be Chinese or Indians.

Great idea, let the bargirls determine government policy.

Hint:, I expect they find many fat sweaty drunken falangs repulsive,  They don't love them, it's their money they love. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

Would be sickening to allow the Chinese back in. 

China knew about the virus, yet allowed flights from Wuhan directly into Bangkok at the height of Chinese New Year. This was the most visited destination for Wuhan citizens in February at the peak of the virus.

How Thailand avoided a catastrophe no one knows. But it's sheer lunacy to trust China. 

And you honestly believe they have avoided it. Biggest liars on the planet did you see those fairies at the bottom of your garden this morning 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

They should ask bargirls which groups of countries tourists they’d prefer.  Hint: it wouldn’t be Chinese or Indians.

I somehow doubt the Thai government will be seeking tourist advice from the Pattaya Bargirls Association. ????

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

All this talk about NZ being in bubble with Thai is a flimsy smoke screen. NZ is country of 5 mil. Sydney (au city) same.

I can't even find the data on NZ tourists to Thailand. It wasn't in top 10 destinations for kiwis.

All of which actually makes NZ an ideal country for Thailand to open a travel bubble with before it does with other countries. New Zealand is is not a key tourist market for New Zealand and it could be used as something as a test run, to iron out the kinks etc before opening up to countries which are much larger sources of tourists / $$$.

11 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

There is only one country Thailand really wants back.....  image.png.01bc955ff23e809c342a61ae5466c0c1.png

Yes!  NZ Herald detailed article yesterday said China figures for c19 were ten times higher than they reported and something like close to 100k cases still active , surprisingly a billionaire minister wants them to return to los. Seriously this would be the nail in the coffin for Thailand’s tourism . I would say that 75 percent of thai’s don’t want Winnie wuhan back from China . Once’ bitten twice shy

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Yes!  NZ Herald detailed article yesterday said China figures for c19 were ten times higher than they reported and something like close to 100k cases still active , surprisingly a billionaire minister wants them to return to los. Seriously this would be the nail in the coffin for Thailand’s tourism . I would say that 75 percent of thai’s don’t want Winnie wuhan back from China . Once’ bitten twice shy

Greed's blind, and in this lots case, stupid .........

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The experiences of a second spike in South Korea - a country that is bound to be near the top of the list for ease of entry into Thailand

South Korea experiencing a second spike and now reports of China suffering a similar fate... both of which I would wager were on the top of Thailands list!!!

17 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Bubbles is the right word.....pop!!!

I remember my first lay, her nickname was bubbles, that was 43 years ago, still don't know to this day why she had the nickname bubbles, I suppose I could of asked the other 6 guys there at the time, but had other things on my mind.

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

I remember my first lay, her nickname was bubbles, that was 43 years ago, still don't know to this day why she had the nickname bubbles, I suppose I could of asked the other 6 guys there at the time, but had other things on my mind.

Ive an idea why but will not go into detail as that would result in a forum holiday of the more permanent kind !!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mstevens said:

All of which actually makes NZ an ideal country for Thailand to open a travel bubble with before it does with other countries. New Zealand is is not a key tourist market for New Zealand and it could be used as something as a test run, to iron out the kinks etc before opening up to countries which are much larger sources of tourists / $$$.

The Ozzies and the Kiwis are working out such a bubble at the moment, Thailand is not on the cards, I wonder why, could it be because they too fiddle the numbers like big cousin ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

When have the wealthy of Thailand ever put the health of its citizens above their personal gain ???? 

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Regarding Australia. They have states that have closed borders. Health minister in state of Qld has made statement that other states will not be allowed to enter untill they can record 30 consecutive days of no  positive reports.

Can't see AU & NZ in a bubble any time soon. 

Latest news qld borders open July 10 no quarantine. I'm in Sydney in lockdown and heading to  gold coast in 12 days

my mom because of her age and the country with the most deaths per million, will not be allowed to come on a visit and my chances to return from a visit, might mean 14 days of quarantine ...

and over what ??? 

58 deaths in Thailand ?

my mom's immune is stronger than most people her age.

PS:  she never TOOK the flu vaccine EVER and she saw, when she was working, most of her colleagues get SICK, from the free shot .... every year...

but my mom does not like sugar too much =  her immune is AWAKE and not put to sleep because of all the sugar TOXIC load

26 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

my mom because of her age and the country with the most deaths per million, will not be allowed to come on a visit and my chances to return from a visit, might mean 14 days of quarantine ...

and over what ??? 

58 deaths in Thailand ?

my mom's immune is stronger than most people her age.

PS:  she never TOOK the flu vaccine EVER and she saw, when she was working, most of her colleagues get SICK, from the free shot .... every year...

but my mom does not like sugar too much =  her immune is AWAKE and not put to sleep because of all the sugar TOXIC load

I'm sure it's because she avoided the chemtrails and G5 rays on the flat earth where she lives.

• Haha 1

The Australian prime minister announced that Australia will stay in it's own bubble until the 17th of Sept. He wants the 80 billion dollars that are normally spent overseas to be spent on domestic tourism. In fact it may be more beneficial to the economic recovery when it's compared to the money tourism bring in. Not to mention the covid risk.

Hence countries will have to weigh up the pros and cons of bubble relationships.

• Like 1

Not looking good for Aussies

Senator Birmingham told the National Press Club it is “more likely” Australians will be banned from overseas travel until 2021, unless under special exemptions for limited business travel and on compassionate grounds.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/health-safety/coronavirus-australia-borders-likely-to-stay-closed-until-2021/news-story/8a1c8e41dd412c20ff1b4704832adf4b

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Farma said:

Isn't freedom of movement/travel a human right? I wonder that this is possible in a democracy.

Go but go into quarantine when returning would be more appropriate.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Berti said:

Isn't freedom of movement/travel a human right? I wonder that this is possible in a democracy.

Go but go into quarantine when returning would be more appropriate.

Fair enough. However the quarantine would/should be paid by the individuals unlike the current quarantines at top hotels paid by the tax payer.