Foreigners set to return as Thailand presses ahead with "Travel Bubble" plans

webfact

50 minutes ago, Berti said:

Isn't freedom of movement/travel a human right? I wonder that this is possible in a democracy.

Go but go into quarantine when returning would be more appropriate.

Why do you think there has been trouble in the UK?

3 months of being couped up. Something has to give.

US and UK can meet and protest freely with no regard for themselves or fellow citizens.

I think if us Brits don't have the freedom to travel this summer, the situation will become a pressure cooker.

Travel bubbles or corridors are to be announced by the UK within weeks.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WillyPlatt said:

US and UK can meet and protest freely with no regard for themselves or fellow citizens.

I think if us Brits don't have the freedom to travel this summer, the situation will become a pressure cooker.

As a believer in the idea of a 'second wave' of infections I am inclined to say don't hold your breath waiting for corridors and bubbles.

30 minutes ago, WillyPlatt said:

No, I was referring to this article.:

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/health-safety/coronavirus-australia-borders-likely-to-stay-closed-until-2021/news-story/8a1c8e41dd412c20ff1b4704832adf4b

I just wonder that in a democracy you can tell your citizens that they have to stay in the country.

It seems that the virus is a welcome reason to patronize people.

• Haha 1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11882114/beijing-grounds-flights-coronavirus-mutant-strain/

COVID CHAOS

Beijing grounds hundreds of flights and raises coronavirus threat level as ‘mutant’ strain cripples city

• 17 Jun 2020, 9:56

MORE than 1,000 flights in and out of Beijing have been grounded today after the city raised its alert level over fears of a new outbreak.

Worrying reports of a "mutant" strain of the coronavirus emerged as mass testing was carried out at makeshift sites in hard-hit districts of the city.

Millions of people in the Chinese capital are now living under renewed restrictions as the spike in cases continues to cripple the city.

Some are even being kept inside residential compounds sealed off with razor wife.

State health officials reported another 31 cases this morning, bringing the total number of citizens infected to 137 over the past week.

The news comes as it's claimed China's real death toll could be 14 times higher than official statistics show, a study has claimed.

US researchers suggest it covered up the true size of its epidemic and used the activity of crematoriums in Wuhan to try and calculate accurate numbers.

Before the new spike, Beijing - which has a population of 20 million - had gone 57 days without a locally-transmitted case.

The latest infections are believed to have started in the massive Xinfandi food market which supplies 80 per cent of the city's meat and vegetables.

The food outlet - which has now been closed - is much larger than the one in Wuhan where the first cases were detected late last year.

• Updated: 17 Jun 2020, 15:04
Edited by 3NUMBAS
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11882114/beijing-grounds-flights-coronavirus-mutant-strain/

COVID CHAOS

Beijing grounds hundreds of flights and raises coronavirus threat level as ‘mutant’ strain cripples city

MORE than 1,000 flights in and out of Beijing have been grounded today after the city raised its alert level over fears of a new outbreak.

Worrying reports of a "mutant" strain of the coronavirus emerged as mass testing was carried out at makeshift sites in hard-hit districts of the city.

Another mutant strain loooooll I smell fake news and fearmongering again

24 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

COVID CHAOS

Millions of people in the Chinese capital are now living under renewed restrictions as the spike in cases continues to cripple the city.

Some are even being kept inside residential compounds sealed off with razor wife.

State health officials reported another 31 cases this morning, bringing the total number of citizens infected to 137 over the past week.

The news comes as it's claimed China's real death toll could be 14 times higher than official statistics show, a study has claimed.

US researchers suggest it covered up the true size of its epidemic and used the activity of crematoriums in Wuhan to try and calculate accurate numbers.

Before the new spike, Beijing - which has a population of 20 million - had gone 57 days without a locally-transmitted case.

The latest infections are believed to have started in the massive Xinfandi food market which supplies 80 per cent of the city's meat and vegetables.

The food outlet - which has now been closed - is much larger than the one in Wuhan where the first cases were detected late last year.

I start to understand that in Asia including Thailand this is all about loosing face.

From central government down to mayors of the smallest villages they must show they can fight this virus without regard to any losses while accepting any collateral damage.

The only explanation for this whole paranoia.

Why is it possible to contain an outbreak in Germany in a meat factory with 400 infections? Only some local headlines. Not a big problem.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Berti said:

I start to understand that in Asia including Thailand this is all about loosing face.

From central government down to mayors of the smallest villages they must show they can fight this virus without regard to any losses while accepting any collateral damage.

The only explanation for this whole paranoia.

Why is it possible to contain an outbreak in Germany in a meat factory with 400 infections? Only some local headlines. Not a big problem.

I think it's also related to the public opinion, here people are scared to death of this virus.

It's quite funny considering how reckless they are in their daily life.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2020 at 1:44 PM, Tango777 said:

I'm trying to find out when my Thai wife can go visit TH without the 14 day Q, from the US. We have quite a few Thai friends but no one seems to know for sure. 

Unknown at the moment.

The quarantine requirement is here to stay for at least a few more months.