BANGKOK
Brunolem

A few questions about bitcoin

Is it possible to SAFELY manage (buy, sell, hold, use) bitcoins from a mobile phone?

If so, which platform would you recommend for making the transactions (I am based in Thailand, although I don't know if that matters or not).

Thanks for your input.

Why you want use your mobile?

open an account in Bitkub exchange with verification and buy bitcoin.

I use this account long time without any problems. 

• Like 1

A cautionary tail: (or someone who didn't do any due diligence)

Podcast host loses 7 years of Bitcoin savings in a single mistake
Entrepreneur Eric Savics had been saving up Bitcoin for seven years. He lost his entire $113,000 stash in twenty minutes

By Tim Copeland | 2 min read | Jun 12, 2020

"downloaded a malicious app from the Google Chrome store, he lost all of it."

• Like 2

1) Reddit has good info - the Bitcoin Sub and r/bitcoinbeginners sub.  Some of the discussions on wallets, seed security etc are universal.  I'd recommend a hardware wallet (Ledger or Trezor), but if you dont want to spend the money, a mobile wallet is good too.  Pick one that is non-custodial (the developer/central entity doesnt have custody of your coins).  If iOS, Blockstream Green maybe worth considering.  Others reviewed at walletscrutiny.com

2) Thailand has a couple of good exchanges - if buying/selling in THB is important.  If you are from a country where there are good exchanges/regulatory environment  - consider that too.  Kraken is a good exchange that serves a number of countries... and ranks high on volume / liquidity and security.

3) Whichever exchange you buy from, follow a practice of withdrawing regularly.

All the best,

• Like 2

To be honestly, I like it so too, to buy crypto currency, once I was in HK I bought a small amount Ethereum through an ATM overthere.

Back in Thailand I bought an Ledger Nano S to put the currency on that device, maybe I'm to old but until today it is not possible to transfer this to the hard wallet.

Read about a lot of dev with snark which will change crypto forever. Seems like this is going to be extremely mobile friendly in the near future but who will get there first out of the old and new players is the only question we need to figure out right now

On 6/16/2020 at 11:43 AM, Antiparovian said:

Invest in a Bitcoin tracker fund. Simple.

Simple, sure.. but then he can't use his bitcoin to buy his morning coffee at 7/11

I use and Australian exchange as that is where my money is so makes it easier to transfer. I store my greatest value BTC on a Ledger Nano hardware wallet and a few much less valued alt coins on my Australian exchange.

Here is an article from Weiss Crypto Ratings which might be helpful.

https://weisscrypto.com/en/article/the-3-easiest-ways-to-buy-bitcoin-without-a-crypto-exchange-account?v=&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTlRJMU9UUTFaRGd6T1RneiIsInQiOiJHR081aGtWR3docmlOWTNVVnE0NnVERHRzWjMxVjRaU3RxWWxlWmhcL0V4bUNta0ZhcEtJR0VzK1V2TitGUE85dWc4TTdJUG92NWxxUGt2d21ZWitrMHNoU1l6WEhpaHZZelVWN2Y4T2Y5QityK1ZqRFFxeWhkV05MMm5EZmJsTjUifQ%3D%3D

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 1:40 PM, RichCor said:

A cautionary tail: (or someone who didn't do any due diligence)

Podcast host loses 7 years of Bitcoin savings in a single mistake
Entrepreneur Eric Savics had been saving up Bitcoin for seven years. He lost his entire $113,000 stash in twenty minutes

By Tim Copeland | 2 min read | Jun 12, 2020

"downloaded a malicious app from the Google Chrome store, he lost all of it."

Oh my Buddha, still folks around who believe in the Bitcoin.......🤔😱🤪

25EB47A4-C3C9-48D8-AB6D-C64E29F7D519.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1