Pestering of beach tourists banned by local mayor: But will other beaches in Thailand follow suit?

webfact

48 minutes ago, webfact said:

He urged conversations between the vendors and the public so that people were absolutely sure what they would be charged before the bill came so as to avoid arguments later.

he think the police would take farang side in that argument ? 

19 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

You want food?  You want to buy my watch? You want ice-cream? you want Boom Boom?  You want a massage?

Come on this is part of the Asia experience, if it really upsets you, book you next holiday in Bognor Regies..............:coffee1:

Yes but it is to excess !! Last time at one of our rare trips to Pattaya. Restaurant 2nd road. Eating breakfast with the missus away from the road, approached 22 times to buy something!????????????????????????????????

1 minute ago, DPKANKAN said:

Yes but it is to excess !! Last time at one of our rare trips to Pattaya. Restaurant 2nd road. Eating breakfast with the missus away from the road, approached 22 times to buy something!????????????????????????????

22 Times...you must look like a rich Farang DPKANKAN..........I guess its a choice of having the Hassles of Asia, against having to view the Beauty of the girls in Britain...... 

Pic thumbnail

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Saensuk mayor is part of the Khunpleum family related to infamous Kamnan Poh who was convicted of murder. A sibling of Tui is Sontaya Khunpluem the mayor of Pattaya

Better do what he says then.

I use to have a card board written in 4 languages (English, Burmese, Indian and Thai) on a stick next to me, it said (politely) Do Not Disturb Me, was going to provide a photo of it, GF throw it away 3-4 months ago

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, natway09 said:

It is after dark that the real pestering starts 

This is correct. Here in Pattaya for instance you can't walk on the Beach Road and in Soi Buakhao anymore. It is an open air brothel where "entertainers" try to convince you that you do business with them or sometimes simply try to steal your belongings. Hasn't been any change for very many years. 

As I used to spend most of the time on the beach in Samui the best Thai words I learnt were "mai au khrab".

Similar to living in Darwin when an aboriginal asked where you were from. The reply was Darwin and they immediately left to pester someone else.

13 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Yes but it is to excess !! Last time at one of our rare trips to Pattaya. Restaurant 2nd road. Eating breakfast with the missus away from the road, approached 22 times to buy something!????????????????????????????????

The irritation is they are allowed into the restaurant area even. Personally I do not like to be disturbed when eating like this, here it seems to be part of the dining out experience. You are sitting there with enough money to dine out and must hence have it burning a hole in your pocket. Along with avoiding smokers it drives me indoors to eat.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

You have just settled down on your beach towel, put your sunglasses on and prepared your favorite book for a relaxing day soaking up the sun. There is not a care in the world in your bit of paradise.

Unfortunately the reality of paradise which is seen from the inside of my eyelids when I'm at the beach is shattered when I open them and see an alternate world!!!

I'm sure high end tourists will be flocking here in droves to sample the local delicacies along the beach boulevard, stopping their Ferraris and powering down the window to buy some take-away !!!!

9pm2.jpg.2fa7e44c4090377f058bddc378b82bea.jpg