Hua Hin: Provincial governor delighted with poll - orders district chief to prepare for more tourists

webfact

Hua Hin: Provincial governor delighted with poll - orders district chief to prepare for more tourists

10pm6.jpg
Picture: New TV

The governor of Prachuap Khirikhan was delighted when a Suan Dusit poll  gave his province - that includes popular seaside resort Hua Hin - the thumbs up for post lockdown travel.

The poll suggested that more people wanted to go to Prachuap than even Bangkok or Pattaya. Only Chiang Mai was more popular. 

Consequently Phallop Singhasenee has instructed eight district chiefs and other organisations in the province, on the way south in Thailand, to get ready for the expected influx of visitors. 

New TV reported that regulations related to shops, vendors, parking, social distancing and safety were all at the top of the agenda. The poll had also highlighted Thai tourists' expectations and concerns post-Covid-19. 

Our reporter on the ground reported that Hua Hin was packed this last weekend, notes Thaivisa.

However, it was not all good news. 

10pm.jpg
Picture: Talk News Online

A sign at the counter at the Hua Hin airport indicated that Air Asia - the only airline to use the airport - were not yet operating.

Talk News reported that CAAT regulations had been relaxed allowing domestic airports to open from June 13th and international ones to renew much fuller operations from the end of June.

The media said that Hua Hin airport remained all quiet. The sign indicated that the temporary closure would remain in place until the situation improves. 

More airlines should be recruited to fly into Hua Hin. The airport is highly underutilized and depending on one flight from one airline makes the viability of the airport vulnerable to failure. Incentives must be given to lure other airlines (Bangkok Airways, ThaiVietjet, etc) to consider service.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just got a flight cancellation notice from AirAsia for my flight HHQ-KUL which has been originally scheduled for 11:50 hrs on July 1st,2020.

No alternative flights on offer.

Seems we'll wait quite some time to start HHQ flights again... Probably not before August...

Edited by McArie

On 6/17/2020 at 11:16 PM, thaichina said:

I m thinking of going to Hua Hin next week to visit with familly and get out of bangkok for a while. Is the night market open? Are restaurant near tthe beach open? How are things going on there?

I live here and things are getting back to normal. I haven't been down by the night market recently, but Baan Khun Por is operating pretty much normal except no live music and they've had good crowds since they've been allowed to serve drinks. Almost all restaurants are operating as before. If you want to get out of Bkk for a few days I'd say this is a good option.

• Like 1